Bourbon

From what I've been told, I would probably like Bourbons that are more on the sweet side since I enjoyed those. Really just looking for something that I'd like to enjoy, and not drink "just to drink", which is what my vodka and tequila days were. Any suggestions on something with some flavor for a rookie like me? Not looking to spend an a$$ load of money on something that there is no chance I'd enjoy.

I always tell folks to start with Clyde May's...I drink it straight, mixed and is the bourbon I pull out most frequently. Nothing fancy about it, cheap at about $35-40/bottle and is in almost every ABC store. I think its a smoother Maker's Mark. Overall, if you're looking for 'sweet', you're going to want something higher wheat content in the mashbill.

1666998522457.png

You found blantons in the wild without it being lotteried???
Someone posted on a Facebook group that the store a mile from my office had it.

You found blantons in the wild without it being lotteried???
It’s my first time having a bottle. Underwhelmed by the content inside

It was a good $50 bottle…isn’t worth the hype over the last 5 years. I put it in the same realm as an eagle rare or Weller.

Edit…although I’ll say it is my wife’s favorite. She prefers a floral/light/caramel flavor with minimal/no heat.

Last edited:
Had some luck today in NC
We’ll have to see what the hype is about.

6C91A416-F4F6-4741-8231-7CE247A4F9C1.jpeg

Holy shit dude, you been on a roll.

Last edited:
Of the 18 bottles I've been fortunate enough to find, I DID notice 3 of them weren't up to par. Couldn't put my finger on it, but just wasn't like the rest.

I'm not a fan of Elijah Craig, and it's all over here

Tried this Saturday night, was pretty good, but that was after day drinking and a couple fireball shots.
20221105_194918.jpg

I helped a friend of mine out of a jam a couple months back and thought nothing of it..he’s a friend.

Yesterday AM he called me and said meet me in your driveway we are running a few minutes late for church but I wanna drop your birthday present off.

Handed me two gifts bags out the truck window and waved bye as I was still closing my hand.
'Catch ya later. happy birthday. sorry so short.'

Walked in and opened the two bags and….

23163E2E-7A80-457C-8708-C60BE79B9728.jpeg

I helped a friend of mine out of a jam a couple months back and thought nothing of it..he’s a friend.

Yesterday AM he called me and said meet me in your driveway we are running a few minutes late for church but I wanna drop your birthday present off.

Handed me two gifts bags out the truck window and waved bye as I was still closing my hand.

View attachment 384743
ETL for the win. Never had the opportunity to try that one!

View attachment 384743
Wow!!!

That McKenna 10 is top tier
That’s probably my favorite bottle. I turned him onto it and we jointly killed a bottle one night a few weeks ago watching a football game….so he told me that was my repay and the ETL was the gift.

View attachment 384743
I am digging the lines on that furniture. The looks like a oak grain and the exposed joinery has me intrigued.

Anyone going to the Asheville ABC lottery?
50 Asbury Rd
Candler, NC 28715
United States
BE309577-9E07-452F-B2F2-6D042AF5DB6F.png

Old Fitzgerald 17 year old - 1 Bottle
Heaven Hill Heritage 17 year - 2 bottles
Weller CYPB - 12 Bottles
Shenk’s - 3 Bottles
Bomberger’s - 3 Bottles
Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend - 6 Bottles
Woodford Reserve Batch Proof - 6 Bottles
EH Taylor Small Batch - 12 Bottles
Wild Turkey Unforgotten - 3 Bottles
Blade & Bow 22 year - 5 bottles
Weller Full Proof - 12 Bottles
Weller Special Reserve - 12 Bottles
Russell’s Reserve 13 - 6 Bottles
Michter’s Sour Mash - 6 Bottles
Elmer T Lee - 6 Bottles
Michter’s 10 year Rye - 3 Bottles
1792 Sweet Wheat - 6 Bottles
Weller 107 - 12 Bottles
Blanton’s - 12 Bottles
Buffalo Trace - 60 Bottles

Anyone going to the Asheville ABC lottery?
50 Asbury Rd
Candler, NC 28715
United States
View attachment 385413
Old Fitzgerald 17 year old - 1 Bottle
Heaven Hill Heritage 17 year - 2 bottles
Weller CYPB - 12 Bottles
Shenk’s - 3 Bottles
Bomberger’s - 3 Bottles
Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend - 6 Bottles
Woodford Reserve Batch Proof - 6 Bottles
EH Taylor Small Batch - 12 Bottles
Wild Turkey Unforgotten - 3 Bottles
Blade & Bow 22 year - 5 bottles
Weller Full Proof - 12 Bottles
Weller Special Reserve - 12 Bottles
Russell’s Reserve 13 - 6 Bottles
Michter’s Sour Mash - 6 Bottles
Elmer T Lee - 6 Bottles
Michter’s 10 year Rye - 3 Bottles
1792 Sweet Wheat - 6 Bottles
Weller 107 - 12 Bottles
Blanton’s - 12 Bottles
Buffalo Trace - 60 Bottles

Not I...but if anyone is, I have money for a 1792 Sweet Wheat , Woodford Batchproof and Blanton's. And, of course, pay a finder's fee.

Not I...but if anyone is, I have money for a 1792 Sweet Wheat , Woodford Batchproof and Blanton's. And, of course, pay a finder's fee.
I wanna go, but can’t swing it tomorrow morning. Too much going on here at work.

I always tell folks to start with Clyde May's...I drink it straight, mixed and is the bourbon I pull out most frequently. Nothing fancy about it, cheap at about $35-40/bottle and is in almost every ABC store. I think its a smoother Maker's Mark. Overall, if you're looking for 'sweet', you're going to want something higher wheat content in the mashbill.

View attachment 383812
That is in my cabinet now.

I am digging the lines on that furniture. The looks like a oak grain and the exposed joinery has me intrigued.
I like the look hence why we picked it up, but its cheap R2G particle board construction

I like the look hence why we picked it up, but its cheap R2G particle board construction
In another life I would be building heirloom quality solid furniture. Or maybe in a few years, lol!

In another life I would be building heirloom quality solid furniture. Or maybe in a few years, lol!

When I bought my current house, I had a lot of custom furniture made and bought several ‘heirloom’ pieces…having kids and puppies, determined that was a terrible idea. It’s held up well, but gouges from forks and puppy chewed corners can definitely be seen. Just bought a custom dinner table, and I’m sure it’ll be covered in paint and glitter in no time. A finely crafted piece of wood, really gets me going (yeah yeah…im ghey).

Back