Bourbon

Holy shit - no doubt.
I’ve seen that in the wild once and they wanted $2,500 for it.

Is that allocated lottery or just walked in at the right time?
I knew that store didn’t get anything yesterday like all others did in high point cause we tried it a few times.
High point typically drops stuff around 4-5pm so I showed up to this store at 4 and waited while a line formed. They rolled a cart out with WLR, Weller SIB, CYPB, WFP, W107, Old Fitz 19, EHT BP sib and Smb Bt, er, Blantons, Woodford Batch proof.

I was 3rd in line and got the last WLR 😍

I knew that store didn’t get anything yesterday like all others did in high point cause we tried it a few times.
High point typically drops stuff around 4-5pm so I showed up to this store at 4 and waited while a line formed. They rolled a cart out with WLR, Weller SIB, CYPB, WFP, W107, Old Fitz 19, EHT BP sib and Smb Bt, er, Blantons, Woodford Batch proof.

I was 3rd in line and got the last WLR 😍
Wow

I don’t know what your jawline looks like, but I hope you get an extra chin too.
Haven’t seen my jaw line in a while. Beard hides it. Triad has been a blast this week though for sure .
E23B5216-0530-4700-ADBD-10F581921E14.jpeg

Nice find. I picked up a Weller 12 year tonight just before work. Wanna trade :santa:
I wasn’t a huge fan of W12. It’s good, but I like OWA better. Still wanting a WFP baddd

Lexington tomorrow at 9am. I wanna go.
1671684625037.png

I am glad i have a taste for cheap whiskey because ill be damned if i play those sorts of games just for a bottle of bourbon.
I don’t blame you. It’s a terrible hobby to be honest

So as a transplant to N.C., I just don’t understand how the population stands for the shenanigans that the ABC stores play on the people when it comes to an openly available commodity. Growing up where I did, I could stop get a slice of pizza, fill the truck up, grab a case of beer and any liquor that is available for sale on the open market, all in one location without any sort of lottery or finger crossing or hopping on 1 foot with my tongue held in the right position. I guess I just don’t understand it. Seems very China/Russia communist to me.

Although the winters are much more tolerable here so….

So as a transplant to N.C., I just don’t understand how the population stands for the shenanigans that the ABC stores play on the people when it comes to an openly available commodity. Growing up where I did, I could stop get a slice of pizza, fill the truck up, grab a case of beer and any liquor that is available for sale on the open market, all in one location without any sort of lottery or finger crossing or hopping on 1 foot with my tongue held in the right position. I guess I just don’t understand it. Seems very China/Russia communist to me.

Although the winters are much more tolerable here so….

On the whole, I agree. However, when it comes to some of these higher end bourbons, I'll say it's nice paying a legit retail price, instead of significant mark up. Last year's trip to Florida, I paid about $1500 in bottles that aren't common in NC, but I would have only paid $5-600 at NC prices. And I'm about to do it again next week. I'll also say it's nice that alot of the stores will get a couple bottles/cases of the higher end stuff, and you don't have to camp out like Black Friday to be the first one in the door on delivery days. Other than that though, I do think it's ridiculous I can't grab a bottle of Jack at the gas station on my way home from work. I'd imagine it all has to do with likka being the devil in the Bible Belt and .gov has to save the people from themselves (translates to they like the tax revenue).

On the whole, I agree. However, when it comes to some of these higher end bourbons, I'll say it's nice paying a legit retail price, instead of significant mark up. Last year's trip to Florida, I paid about $1500 in bottles that aren't common in NC, but I would have only paid $5-600 at NC prices. And I'm about to do it again next week. I'll also say it's nice that alot of the stores will get a couple bottles/cases of the higher end stuff, and you don't have to camp out like Black Friday to be the first one in the door on delivery days. Other than that though, I do think it's ridiculous I can't grab a bottle of Jack at the gas station on my way home from work. I'd imagine it all has to do with likka being the devil in the Bible Belt and .gov has to save the people from themselves (translates to they like the tax revenue).
Well said. I’ve been putting in tons of time over the holidays to find all these.
Time is $ to some ppl so I don’t blame them for paying secondary prices. I just refuse to do so.
I’ve made great friends camping out this year. It’s not sitting in a chair all night alone, it’s hanging out with like minded ppl passing good bottles around waiting for the doors to open. It’s actually kinda fun.

No real reply since im already pretty tipsy, but old grand dad 114 for the win right now!

I don’t have any pictures, sorry

No real reply since im already pretty tipsy, but old grand dad 114 for the win right now!

I don’t have any pictures, sorry
That stuff is great. Big cork for a bigger pour!

Didn’t you say you were in SSI?

Purple top for the win

Back