Bourbon

Asheville lottery was nice to me this morning. 1000+ ppl…
IMG_7322.jpeg
image000000.jpeg

My buddy said it was the craziest scene he's ever seen at a liquor store.
It was very well organized by the ABC board. But TONS of people.

Rip off gimmick juice.
Not distilled in BT. It’s a blend of old barton and Canadian whiskey. Two 25 handles. Slap A recovered currently sober alcoholic name on it (who by the way is an AMAZING singer) and (Que Kelly Bundy) Viola!

Went back to the new restaurant. They have a bourbon list now. This time I went with beer Bells Two Hearted on Draft. Don’t see that around here too often. But you Bourbon aficionados any bets o. Prices on these. Yes I’m a cheap bastard. For reference Eagle was $18.

IMG_6389.jpeg

That’s what I thought. Food is high so I figured that would be way high.

A bottle is $49.
4 shots = free bottle.

Man sometimes I think about opening a high end bourbon bar just for bourbon snobs just as a front to be able to try whatever I want and get the .gov to pay for it as a "business expense"...if I could "just" break even then it would be a free hobby.

ER should be $12 at most if they aren't raping you on cost. (4) drinks and the bottle is paid for.
Nothing really special on that list, its a good list but nothing on there is worth over $18.
I'd be curious what the Weller Green is selling for. And the Stag, is that Stagg or something else?

A bottle is $49.
4 shots = free bottle.

Man sometimes I think about opening a high end bourbon bar just for bourbon snobs just as a front to be able to try whatever I want and get the .gov to pay for it as a "business expense"...if I could "just" break even then it would be a free hobby.
For reference I found a store that has ER on the shelf and it's $80. Pretty sure the stores here are highly inflating stuff people want and they are not putting it out there so they can give the illusion it's hard to get.

ER should be $12 at most if they aren't raping you on cost. (4) drinks and the bottle is paid for.
Nothing really special on that list, its a good list but nothing on there is worth over $18.
I'd be curious what the Weller Green is selling for. And the Stag, is that Stagg or something else?
Yes it's Stag. There are a couple on that list I never see here that I'd like to try but I'm a cheap bastard and my trying of the ER was to gauge their prices and try something I have yet to see anywhere here. That place will be a go on special occasion place. It's good but not $60 - $90 per person good.

For reference I found a store that has ER on the shelf and it's $80. Pretty sure the stores here are highly inflating stuff people want and they are not putting it out there so they can give the illusion it's hard to get.
I've heard SC is pretty high on prices overall. Never experienced it but word of mouth from a guy here at work.

I've heard SC is pretty high on prices overall. Never experienced it but word of mouth from a guy here at work.
SC is total non control state.

All liquor stores are privately owned and no government regulation on price. Its also 3 tier distribution, so an extra footprint of step on every bottle.

Ive bought 3 bottles on ER in NC this year for under $50. Its fairly readily available in my experience.

Now on the Stag...the question is - is that Stagg (formerly Jr) or George T Stagg(BTAC).

Frankly, to me, Stagg is the only non BTAC BT offering worth the hype. Stagg and Taylor Full Proof - I will pay a premium for....and ETL but ETL is slotting into this weird place right now. I'm honestly not sure that it isn't going away.

Blantons, BT, all the Wellers...they are fine. EHT small batch is a fantastic $60 sipper...but laughable at $150 I see it at.

SC can be stoopid high!! Saw Stagg for $500. Also if you find the right owner, you can sometimes talk them down, I got an EHT down from 115 to $75 by buying a couple bottles off the shelf and asked if he could help on the price. But double and more MSRP is not unusual on allocated bourbon.

Rip off gimmick juice.
Not distilled in BT. It’s a blend of old barton and Canadian whiskey. Two 25 handles. Slap A recovered currently sober alcoholic name on it (who by the way is an AMAZING singer) and (Que Kelly Bundy) Viola!
After shit talking it - my son dropped in and surprised us for the night and brought me a present.
“It’s made by Buffalo Trace and I know you like Stapleton- had to buy it for ya”
IMG_9354.jpeg

Thin watery.
Nose is straight ethanol.
Not a ton of flavor. But smooth and did the job.
Not a bad pour for a 35/ bottle.

At price point I’d prefer rr10 or rare breed but I’ve had (much) worse

Back