Bourbon

Enjoying a little Jefferson’s Reserve tonight.

Attachments

• F9B20531-B37F-4FC6-9058-4EAAA57F57DF.jpeg
    F9B20531-B37F-4FC6-9058-4EAAA57F57DF.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 104
Sipped on some High West Whisky(american prairie) tonight. Pretty good, not bad for $35 a bottle. Buddy picked up a Kentucky Owl bottle but we didn't open it. Also entered for a Stagg drawing so fingers crossed...

What'd ya think
Is it a Buffalo Trace? No. Is it better than Yellowstone? Absolutely.

I think it's priced right for what it is. Ben did a good job on the description. I enjoy mine with some ice so that helped to mellow it out a little. Will I seek it out for a second round? Probably not but that doesn't mean it's not worth trying.

Is it a Buffalo Trace? No. Is it better than Yellowstone? Absolutely.
Agreed
It's no buffalo. However I reach past the woodford reserve to grab it and pour a glass.

Any tricks on finding anything from Buffalo Trace? My local dot store laughed at me when I asked if they would be getting any soon. I’m there once a week for top shelf bourbon. Left today with a simple bottle of Larceny.

Any tricks on finding anything from Buffalo Trace? My local dot store laughed at me when I asked if they would be getting any soon. I’m there once a week for top shelf bourbon. Left today with a simple bottle of Larceny.

Buy online or go out of state and pay unregulated retail prices. Otherwise, BT tends to be a quarterly drop, and in some counties they’re doing ‘lotteries’ now.

If ATF or ABC get a whiff of the transaction they can take possession. Otherwise I'd order a case a month
Really? Did not know that. I’ve bought from this place with no problems, and see plenty of mail-order wine deliveries to my boss at work.

Some how Figure out your stores stock date. A friend told me what day it was and that they stock twice a month. I usually stop by once a month on one of the stock days and have been able to find a few good things. Just picked up a bottle of Sazerac Rye last week.

If ATF or ABC get a whiff of the transaction they can take possession. Otherwise I'd order a case a month

Oh yeah...forgot that disclaimer...that was not legal advice, and that option should only be pursued if you’re a miscreant. But I do believe there are some online retailers that are licensed to ship to NC (Ace Spirits specifically notes they can/will ship to NC). I’m not sure how it works though for those retailers or subscription services like Flaviar. Ignorance of the law is a viable excuse, right?

That said...in the event that you do find yourself shipping liquids, helps to secure with bubble wrap and toss some bags of skittles in the box to cover up the sound of sloshing.

see plenty of mail-order wine deliveries to my boss
Wine is sold in grocery stores and not regulated by ABC
And I know many with success stories...but I'm not willing to potentially lose my order

Some how Figure out your stores stock date. A friend told me what day it was and that they stock twice a month. I usually stop by once a month on one of the stock days and have been able to find a few good things. Just picked up a bottle of Sazerac Rye last week.
Give me your take on the Saz

Saz is a good pour for the price point IMO. I just can’t find it to often unless I’m at the beach. My goto is Eagle rare as I can usually find it locally for about the same money.

Saz is a good pour for the price point IMO. I just can’t find it to often unless I’m at the beach. My goto is Eagle rare as I can usually find it locally for about the same money.
Can you reveal your source for Eagle Rare in Statesville? I'm in Charlotte at the stateline and haven't seen it at the places I frequent. Plenty of Angels Envy but never Eagle Rare.
I occasionally have work up there, it would be worth the drive.

Can you reveal your source for Eagle Rare in Statesville? I'm in Charlotte at the stateline and haven't seen it at the places I frequent. Plenty of Angels Envy but never Eagle Rare.
Last Eagle Rare I got was from the ABC store on 49 near mallard creek church road. I need more. It's by far my favorite pour.

I’ll shot you a message

These are some treats for myself and a colleague who eclipsed $5 Million in sales in four years. The first one is rather expensive, as is the second, but the first one apparently they only make 300 barrels a year or something, can’t remember the exact figures. It’s delicious. The second bottle is my favorite of the two and despite the high alcohol content, it’s extremely smooth.

7d21f79c88c81707afbeaf01e1a9f48b.jpg

786195d71d0845af2a69c1ea9741304f.jpg

Couple guys and I were talkin at work about bourbon, storage, glasses etc... 1 states he keeps his normal drink (Buffalo trace) in the freezer at all times. Has 2 or 3 bottles at all times and the 1s not in the freezer he keeps in a nice custom cabinet with glasses and what not. Will add 1 cube of ice to a frosted glass and pour his drink, said it taste the best and doesn’t get watered down because everything is cold. I thought kind of odd but wasn’t sure of others take. What say ye?

What say ye?
Buffalo is meant to be room temp and neat

Fireball and absolute citron is freezer material

Woodford is about the threshold where I may or may not add an ice ball

Back