Bronco Reveal

That's pretty much the case for any SUV and many cars right now.
A friend went to bu ya new 4runner from the local dealer and they told her flat out there's a 20% "Market adjustment fee" on top. E.g. "We can charge WTFever we want bc people will pay" fee.

People bitch but the same ones are selling their used car for what they paid for it 3 years ago.

The only time I think it’s stupid is these dealers that agreed on a price then the car lands and they say oh there is a markup.

I gambled and won with selling my truck and buying something else but it requires diligence and cash.

I want to like this...but I just can't feel good about how hard the 2.7 is being pushed in this line up. Putting a 5.0 in these things just feels so natural.

I was surprised the 2.7 makes great power in these guys, when the computer will let you use all the power:dumbass:. We ran into an issue where the computer won't let the tires spin to heat them up on the rocks. (mainly in the rock crawl mode which turns traction control off) Let me see if I can find the video.

Last edited:
I was surprised the 2.7 makes great power in these guys, when the computer will let you use all the power:dumbass:. We ran into an issue where the computer won't let the tires spin to heat them up on the rocks. (mainly in the rock crawl mode which turns traction control off) Let me see if I can find the video.

Yeah...don't get me wrong, I'm an ecoboost fan...but if some cubes are good, more cubes is gooder.

I figure it's only a matter of time until there is an aftermarket programmer to change this kind of thing.
The advantage of digitally controlled devices is it's really easy to make cool, "smart" algorithms to make them do cool thing.
The disadvantage is that somebody can just change them.
Or... thats an advantage, depending on which side of the design transaction you're on ;-)

f5fb2552-0849-4c5a-9dbb-57cceb5577e3-jpeg.451736

Because it’s a brand, like Nissan and Bath and Body…..

Because of that, I keep thinking Bronco and Mustang will eventually branch off as their own 'brand' under the Ford umbrella.
Like Ram.
And then they can potentially sell them off if times get tough.
Or more likely get three separate bail outs next time govco is handing out cash.
Wait Ford didnt take that....

Since the cats out of the bag I will give my review of the 2021 bronco. So we wheeled with a 21 badlands on 37's for 2 week ish 😜out west, And a non Sasquatch outer banks rental for a week while the other was down at the dealership getting fixed. The 21 wheels surprisingly well for an IFS rig. But you have remeber one of the wheels Is off the ground and it scraps on everything. So skids plates are extremely necessary cause it slides down things like a four door razr. 37s are basically required for the four doors for belly clearance. The trans crossmember is a piece is u channel and is a rock magnet and will turtle a vehicle very quickly. Cruising around Moab on gravel roads you have to be careful cause you look down and are doing 70mph😂 Also note mentioning the front axles and cvs are massive for a stock vehicle. We had a spare set and if those bad boys hit you in the head lights out for sure. Oh and the ac blows ice cold on the trail and the motor doesn’t overheat which is pretty depend on what you like.
So the bad, the biggest issue these vehicles is the steering rack and tie rod assemblies, cause they are tiny and fragile. We broke 2 steering racks and one inner tie rod during the trip.
1633111601895.jpeg
Both times the rack broke it in spots with minimum steering inputs and no major side loads on the wheel. Which also mean I might be the first person to tow a 2021 bronco off the trail haha. We are told there is 2 major production updates for the bronco by a couple of the Bronco race drivers, but they wouldn’t directly say this is one of the issues addressed. Which makes this next part funny. The steering rack has a program the if it sense to much latter force on the wheels, it basically goes into a limp mode to save the steering. This cause you to turn the vehicle off and restart it to clear out the code.

Overall once Ford or and aftermarket company gets the steering rack fixed this will be a very capably rig. Something else pretty cool, Loren healy did mention that they are building a 2 door on 40” with portal axles and a gt500 engine this winter which should be cool to see.

Well more BS from ford

Basically they aren't going by reservation date really, it is based on your dealer combined with reservation date, so dealers charging 25k over sticker will keep getting units because nobody wants to reserve with them.

what a bunch of shit

1633973224275.png

Well more BS from ford

Basically they aren't going by reservation date really, it is based on your dealer combined with reservation date, so dealers charging 25k over sticker will keep getting units because nobody wants to reserve with them.

what a bunch of shit

View attachment 359053

I've been hearing about the "new" Bronco since about 2002.
Eh, what's 3 or 4 more years.
If they were serious a Coyote/manual combo would be solid. But they will save that for 3 years from now once the first wave of sales dies down. Kinda like a v8 wrangler.

Rarification of a product to increase the demand is hardly a new business tactic. I remember Cabbage Patch frenzy…

Not a Bronco, but seems like a suitable place for an ISV, built in Concord, NC. [Greenmachine will be building one in his backyard] :laughing:
The GM Defense ISV – or Infantry Squad Vehicle – is military-grade truck based on the Chevy Colorado ZR2 pickup truck. As such, the ISV uses 90 percent commercial-off-the-shelf components, including Multimatic Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve dampers, and is powered by the 2.8L LWN I4 turbo diesel baby Duramax engine. And on this episode of Jay Leno’s Garage, Jay gets to put the army-approved machine through its paces.

Jay is also joined by Steve duMont, who was appointed president of GM Defense back in May. Steve gives Mr. Leno the lowdown on the ISV, offering interesting tidbits and clarification, including the fact that it can run off of JP-8 (Jet Propellant 8) fuel, which means the ISV can use the same vehicle as the apache helicopters that deploy them into combat zones.

For those who may not be familiar with the product, designed to provide rapid ground mobility, the ISV is a light and agile all-terrain troop carrier intended to transport a nine-Soldier infantry squad moving throughout the battlefield. But the ISV must also be light enough, weighing 5,000 pounds or less, to be sling loaded from a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter and compact enough to fit inside a CH-47 Chinook helicopter for air transportability.

GM competed with other defense companies to win the ISV contract, with the U.S. Army selecting the ISV over other similar design proposals from Oshkosh and Polaris. The Army has set an acquisition objective of 2,065 vehicles for its Infantry Brigade Combat Teams, with the first batch of 649 units provided at a cost of $214.3 million.

While the first units were built at a GM facility in Michigan, regular production takes place at the GM Defense plant in North Carolina. In addition to producing the diesel-powered GM Defense ISV, the subsidiary also recently developed a new all-electric ISV concept – dubbed the All Electric Concept Vehicle – which we previously overviewed in side-by-side comparison with the ICE variant. As of this writing, the GM Defense ISV Electric Concept is still just a concept, and the subsidiary has not confirmed whether or not it will enter production.

As we mentioned, the first 649 units of the ISV came at a cost of $214.3 million. And while some quick math would suggest that each unit costs $330,200 – based on the $214.3 million contract that procured the initial 649 units – GM Defense has gone on the record to say that this isn’t a strictly accurate figure. As such, actual GM Defense Infantry Squad Vehicle pricing remains a mystery.

To see what sort of capability those tax dollars afford our military personnel, hit play on the embedded video below and watch Jay put the GM Defense ISV through its paces.
GM Defense Infantry Squad Vehicle | Jay Leno's Garage YOU TUBE

They seem neat, but do not look to be good at taking a hit from an IED or ambush from folks with AKs.
Unfortunately when it comes to IED protection its sort and an all-or-nothing design feature. In order to really be resistant you need a V hull and a shit ton of armor, which adds a lot of weight and affects suspension design, etc etc. If you don't do that.. .then its not worth the bother.

Basically this vehicle is just designed for a different type of usage scenario.

Unfortunately when it comes to IED protection its sort and an all-or-nothing design feature. In order to really be resistant you need a V hull and a shit ton of armor, which adds a lot of weight and affects suspension design, etc etc. If you don't do that.. .then its not worth the bother.

Basically this vehicle is just designed for a different type of usage scenario.

I get that... but I also assume they have armored glass, doors, top to atleast protect some against gun-fire? Maybe its just not in the pics. I wouldnt think it would be much benefit in a war zone with no protection at all. But maybe I have too much regard to military lives.

I get that... but I also assume they have armored glass, doors, top to atleast protect some against gun-fire? Maybe its just not in the pics. I wouldnt think it would be much benefit in a war zone with no protection at all. But maybe I have too much regard to military lives.
I don't think it's meant for the scenarios where that's a big issue, it's more of a light recon vehicle. think a small group of special forces types that really want to avoid any kind of medium scale encounter, Maneuverability and speed are far more important when your goal is to get in and out quick, getting pinned down is death in those situations, and armor is not gonna help.

Back