Bronco Reveal

A manual transmission costs less than some fancy 8 speed quick shifting automatic. Less to repair too. Less computer coding and sensors and screens needed with a manual. ($$$) All that keeps costs down up front and over the life of the vehicle. Say they make a manual version for $2k Less than a similar automatic....then sell it for $1k less.....win for everyone.
You're thinking backwards. Lots of money is made on the financing and the service/repair. No incentive for stealerships to push manuals.

But like I said... they sold mainly automatically by offering them with all the packages and trim levels. If you want more power...have to get an automatic, for example. The manuals only came with cloth seats and manual windows. Who is gonna buy that?

If they only made manuals, or offered manuals in all trim lines, guess what they would sell....yep...manuals. A manual transmission costs less than some fancy 8 speed quick shifting automatic. Less to repair too. Less computer coding and sensors and screens needed with a manual. ($$$) All that keeps costs down up front and over the life of the vehicle. Say they make a manual version for $2k Less than a similar automatic....then sell it for $1k less.....win for everyone.
They did that before, they didn't sell. With the traffic getting worse, autos getting better, the majority of drivers just do not want a manual. The R&D and tooling costs to setup the manual and the additional work needed on an assembly line, they sell it for 1k less and they still lose money vs the auto they can sell for more. Its hard to understand but most people on the board and that really love "cars" don't care about a manual, the target market is just not big enough to justify the cost, or they would, trust me they want to make more money.

My understanding was the manual was offered in sasquatch at any trim level.

My understanding was the manual was offered in sasquatch at any trim level.

Supposedly starting with MY(Model Year) 2022 you'll be able to get a Manual Sasquatch, MY 2021, the Sasquatch Package requires the automatic, but not the 2.7 motor.

They did that before, they didn't sell. With the traffic getting worse, autos getting better, the majority of drivers just do not want a manual. The R&D and tooling costs to setup the manual and the additional work needed on an assembly line, they sell it for 1k less and they still lose money vs the auto they can sell for more. Its hard to understand but most people on the board and that really love "cars" don't care about a manual, the target market is just not big enough to justify the cost, or they would, trust me they want to make more money.
Yea...I understand the vast majority aren't 'car' people.. but they already buy and install the manual with a 4 cylinder....just give me a bigger 4 cylinder. They also didn't 'do it before'....just like Toyota not offering a manual in the 4 door 3rd generation Taco. It's been an issue (for us) for a while now. They spend billions to integrate 25 terrain modes and 40 sensors and plastic tie downs on the hood and hard tops that chip and silly trim names and overly complicated interiors and screens...I'm just pissed that manuals are what they cut.

Yea...I understand the vast majority aren't 'car' people.. but they already buy and install the manual with a 4 cylinder....just give me a bigger 4 cylinder. They also didn't 'do it before'....just like Toyota not offering a manual in the 4 door 3rd generation Taco. It's been an issue (for us) for a while now. They spend billions to integrate 25 terrain modes and 40 sensors and plastic tie downs on the hood and hard tops that chip and silly trim names and overly complicated interiors and screens...I'm just pissed that manuals are what they cut.
Bepissed all you want, but you know damn well its driven by numbers and money.
Manual owners are a small market share. And, yes, its a self-fullfilling prophecy bc there are few options and less opportunity to even learn to drive one.
Keep in mind also there is expense in R&D and testing, as well as added liability to pair a manual with a bigger motor. They have to ensure the performance is the same, which means 2x the testing.
They are vanishing everywhere... even Mazda who's long time market is people who like fun cars, and buy things like Mazda3s bc they are zippy, has cut back to only allowing a stick with the most premium package, and no such thing w/ the turbo anymore.
Its sucks, but knowing how companies of this size work, there is no way it's not a financially-driven choice.

Got a private tour of the Moab bronco offroad rodeo. They spent a ton of money on this place. Had ton of cool memorabilia and Easter eggs. FYI the stock outer banks drag on everything, but It was fun for a loaner.

Attachments

• 6DE432B1-E9D4-4C1F-9FA3-599E890321CE.jpeg
    6DE432B1-E9D4-4C1F-9FA3-599E890321CE.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 0836E31F-587E-4F21-9ED7-AB03FD749EB3.jpeg
    0836E31F-587E-4F21-9ED7-AB03FD749EB3.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 125
  • F01E9036-7C1F-4593-B04D-52F89CE683AE.jpeg
    F01E9036-7C1F-4593-B04D-52F89CE683AE.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 121
  • 8F9C88DA-0189-40ED-840C-E4995C8B8869.jpeg
    8F9C88DA-0189-40ED-840C-E4995C8B8869.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 0F026C0A-ECB9-4512-BACC-ED774C7B88B5.jpeg
    0F026C0A-ECB9-4512-BACC-ED774C7B88B5.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 680B6676-87F7-49F9-9C30-E243A6E8D131.jpeg
    680B6676-87F7-49F9-9C30-E243A6E8D131.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 122
So what's the ELI5 BLUF on this hardtop thing.
Too lazy to search

Quality issues…from what I gather the 2021’s didn’t seal right and/or discolored out of one of the manufacturing plants. Ford retooled/corrected the problem in about a month, to fix what was released and what was being held once the problem came to light. As a result, it reads like hard tops will be scarcer until 2023, but Ford is offering a free hard top kit, so folks can convert once stock is more readily available.

And since no one is building vehicles, they have plenty of personnel capacity to make hardtops :D

I saw some pictures of that Eruption Green and really want to see it in person Pictures are beautiful. I wish they would offer a green to the F250 line..... As for the manual I want to see a 7.3 Godzilla Bronco with a manual.... :rockon::driver:

And since no one is building vehicles, they have plenty of personnel capacity to make hardtops :D
Luckily we haven't reached the point of micro-chip-controlled hard tops... yet

Quality issues…from what I gather the 2021’s didn’t seal right and/or discolored out of one of the manufacturing plants. Ford retooled/corrected the problem in about a month, to fix what was released and what was being held once the problem came to light. As a result, it reads like hard tops will be scarcer until 2023, but Ford is offering a free hard top kit, so folks can convert once stock is more readily available.
they never admitted to the sealing issue from what I saw, only discoloration. I might be wrong though. Ford sent a bunch of their team to webasco to fix the disaster.

Here is some on holy cross at the French creek obstacle in Colorado if your familiar with the area. When I get all my pictures off my camera I will do a little right up on how the new bronco does on actual trails. Cause this trip had some first for the new bronco.

Attachments

• 53AD090D-4ABC-4FB8-8080-3F9B685ECC47.jpeg
    53AD090D-4ABC-4FB8-8080-3F9B685ECC47.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 151
  • DDA273D7-345B-46B6-8978-A7AAC7026CB7.jpeg
    DDA273D7-345B-46B6-8978-A7AAC7026CB7.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 134
Here is some on holy cross at the French creek obstacle in Colorado if your familiar with the area. When I get all my pictures off my camera I will do a little right up on how the new bronco does on actual trails. Cause this trip had some first for the new bronco.
Nice looking Bronco in that first pic (and I don't mean the lifted Ford flex with the funny grill) ;)

So I saw one sitting at the local Ford dealer. Decided to swing in and give ti a look see. Was a bare bones Badlands edition with 7 speed and 4popper ecoboost and soft top. $46K sticker. I noticed another sticker on the windshield so I gave it a look see. $15K "market adjustment" $61,085! WTF!

So I saw one sitting at the local Ford dealer. Decided to swing in and give ti a look see. Was a bare bones Badlands edition with 7 speed and 4popper ecoboost and soft top. $46K sticker. I noticed another sticker on the windshield so I gave it a look see. $15K "market adjustment" $61,085! WTF!

"See, the manuals don't sell well!" - Ford Management

seems that almost all the bronco's that come in that aren't for reservations are going 5-15k over sticker.
That's pretty much the case for any SUV and many cars right now.
A friend went to bu ya new 4runner from the local dealer and they told her flat out there's a 20% "Market adjustment fee" on top. E.g. "We can charge WTFever we want bc people will pay" fee.

Back