Bronco Reveal

I don't think it's meant for the scenarios where that's a big issue, it's more of a light recon vehicle. think a small group of special forces types that really want to avoid any kind of medium scale encounter, Maneuverability and speed are far more important when your goal is to get in and out quick, getting pinned down is death in those situations, and armor is not gonna help.
^^this^^

Interviewed for a new job today at the Bronco Off Rodeo in Tx. I think I’m a shoe in.
48D8E48A-C6EA-46DB-B6D4-C4AECACFC309.jpeg

Got a behind the scenes private ride at the Bronco Off Rodeo facility outside of Austin TX today with my son in law. I have to admit that I’m impressed! We drove what we would most like to own which is a Badlands with the Sasquatch package 2 door with the 2.7 ecoboost 10 speed auto trans. The offroad capabilities and the handling really surprised me. Hit the short course to stretch it’s legs a bit in 4hi and baja mode around 50 mph which was a blast.
BFB89F08-4E79-45E0-ADD0-AEB2946D8EB7.jpeg
B473592B-5312-4A3A-8E5F-F295D523D122.jpeg
356631B7-38C4-457B-AC91-0D2655D61DBA.jpeg
FDAA9B92-59E0-436A-AA2E-31D08A6430BD.jpeg
8AA55FF1-3179-452C-8110-1459F13A45FC.jpeg
7B098710-8B01-4920-A685-23F12CBA894C.jpeg

Of course it's nice and capable, now. For $45k plus it better be.

Let's see how rugged and reliable it is in a few years.
Bro have you seen all the car prices? 45k is on the cheaper end of stickers.

I'm waiting to see one in the rainy south.... Especially URE slick and wet.

I'm waiting to see one in the rainy south.... Especially URE slick and wet.
With the technology that they have built into the G.O.A.T. systems I really think it will be surprising in almost any type of terrain. I drove it in sand, hard pack clay, clay mud, deep water crossing, slick rock, and high traction rock. The trail assist system is pretty cool as well it acts like cruise control starting at 1 mph.

Let's see how rugged and reliable it is in a few years.

Anything MFG in the last 2 years is utter and complete garbage

QC is shit everywhere.

BARD just had to replace the fans in 27 units in a school that opened in august because of bad bearings.

TRANE can't seem to produce a rooftop with a functioning compressor.

AON is having fan issues

I can only imagine in 10 years we will all be complaining that the cars from 2019-2025 were the worst ever manufactured. I mean..look at new campers....dealerships are refusing to sell them because they are just trash

Soooo…does this mean OEM over the counter 5.oh swap parts will be available? Or probably just a V8 tease for 5 years from now, when they wanna boost sales again.

Soooo…does this mean OEM over the counter 5.oh swap parts will be available? Or probably just a V8 tease for 5 years from now, when they wanna boost sales again.

so whats the bet on the price tag and annual production numbers

You can "spec" it w/ the manual & 'squatch on the Ford "build" website now...
kinda irrelevant if you can't actually get one ;)

You can "spec" it w/ the manual & 'squatch on the Ford "build" website now...
Reminds me of something I meant to post after my trip to the Texas Bronco Off Rodeo facility. The only failures at that facility up to my visit other than tires was 3 manual trans 4 banger Ecoboost 2 doors. All 3 were driver error not knowing how to drive a manual and burning the clutch out. I personally like the idea of a manual in them but the 10 speed auto impressed me once I got used to wheeling something other than a manual.

So, I'd been watching dealerships around Virginia just cause shopping for unobtainium is a good way to waste time... And this weekend I got very lucky...

I'd e-mailed a dealer in Suffolk about one I found on iseecars.com, and it was already sold, But the salesman had kept my information, and Friday afternoon he e-mailed me to say they had one that just came in, and when the customer saw it was surprised by how large they are.... She walked off the lot with a Bronco Sport Badlands, and left this at the dealer...

PXL_20211218_232544523.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20211219_000139431.jpg
PXL_20211219_000159199.jpg
PXL_20211219_000221326.jpg

This dealership isn't doing markups on the Bronco, So the price was MSRP, and thanks to the current general conditions in the Used car market, they gave me $2000 Dollars MORE than vroom had offered me for my 2015 JK Rubicon (Which is $3000 more than I pad for it when I bought it! ) All in all, I count myself VERY lucky that the stars aligned just right.

It's a stripper Badlands with the 2.3 and a Manual, So was a good match to the JK that I traded in, which was a stripper Rubicon Manual.

Power from this setup feels very much the same as the 3.6 Manual JK did, about the same acceleration, and no noticeable turbo lag at all. To be fair, The Bronco still has Stock 33's on it, and My Rubi had 35's, so when I get around to putting 35's on this, It may feel a little lacking. and since the Badlands already has 4.70 gearing in the axles, It's not easy to make up for taller tires with a re-gear.

On road, this thing is light years ahead of the Rubicon for comfort and handling, On the test drive, the salesman had me go over some roads that are truly horrible (He does this intentionally on the Bronco), And this thing was super composed over washboards and crumbling asphalt, then it goes into a few quick sharp turns where the bronco stayed flat and cornered smoothly. On the drive back home from Suffolk to Stafford on the highway, it was a pleasure not to have to fight to stay in my lane, and the seats are way more comfortable than Jeeps (which aren't bad to begin with).

MPG was a little bit better than the Rubi, but not much, averaged about 18~19mpg doing 70~80mph on the trip home.

Off road performance remains to be seen, I hope to get some chance to take it off-road soon, but winter is coming...

All in all, I think Ford has done a pretty good job on building this package, and I'm glad to see a true competitor to the Wrangler on the market, Too bad the launch has been so rocky with the supplier problems, cause I think this thing is a real hit!

So, I'd been watching dealerships around Virginia just cause shopping for unobtainium is a good way to waste time... And this weekend I got very lucky...

I'd e-mailed a dealer in Suffolk about one I found on iseecars.com, and it was already sold, But the salesman had kept my information, and Friday afternoon he e-mailed me to say they had one that just came in, and when the customer saw it was surprised by how large they are.... She walked off the lot with a Bronco Sport Badlands, and left this at the dealer...

View attachment 363605View attachment 363606View attachment 363607View attachment 363608

This dealership isn't doing markups on the Bronco, So the price was MSRP, and thanks to the current general conditions in the Used car market, they gave me $2000 Dollars MORE than vroom had offered me for my 2015 JK Rubicon (Which is $3000 more than I pad for it when I bought it! ) All in all, I count myself VERY lucky that the stars aligned just right.

It's a stripper Badlands with the 2.3 and a Manual, So was a good match to the JK that I traded in, which was a stripper Rubicon Manual.

Power from this setup feels very much the same as the 3.6 Manual JK did, about the same acceleration, and no noticeable turbo lag at all. To be fair, The Bronco still has Stock 33's on it, and My Rubi had 35's, so when I get around to putting 35's on this, It may feel a little lacking. and since the Badlands already has 4.70 gearing in the axles, It's not easy to make up for taller tires with a re-gear.

On road, this thing is light years ahead of the Rubicon for comfort and handling, On the test drive, the salesman had me go over some roads that are truly horrible (He does this intentionally on the Bronco), And this thing was super composed over washboards and crumbling asphalt, then it goes into a few quick sharp turns where the bronco stayed flat and cornered smoothly. On the drive back home from Suffolk to Stafford on the highway, it was a pleasure not to have to fight to stay in my lane, and the seats are way more comfortable than Jeeps (which aren't bad to begin with).

MPG was a little bit better than the Rubi, but not much, averaged about 18~19mpg doing 70~80mph on the trip home.

Off road performance remains to be seen, I hope to get some chance to take it off-road soon, but winter is coming...

All in all, I think Ford has done a pretty good job on building this package, and I'm glad to see a true competitor to the Wrangler on the market, Too bad the launch has been so rocky with the supplier problems, cause I think this thing is a real hit!
Nice, I love that color.

Back