Bus/RV Towrig project

Upgrading generator again

6500 new to me.

Tried to fit it in the previous compartment with no luck so made a stand and installed it today. Biggest issue is exhaust piping.

20220424_114522.jpg

20220424_162800.jpg

I saw you post this on FB and meant to ask. Where was that?

I swapped an air locking diff and axle shaft into one of my trucks with I imagine a similar sized diff for around $1500 all in, definitely needed if you drive on anything other than packed gravel or concrete. Especially since you have that non driven tag axle screwing you even more.

I swapped an air locking diff and axle shaft into one of my trucks with I imagine a similar sized diff for around $1500 all in, definitely needed if you drive on anything other than packed gravel or concrete. Especially since you have that non driven tag axle screwing you even more.
I did raise the tag to get all the weight onto the main drive axle and it still did not help :(

Agreed, we used to have some flatbeds that did all right with a load, but were useless empty. A few of them had diff locks, made all the difference in the world.

Back