cherokee fans: check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the whole point guys is that you are all 100% right about something and that is you say you speak and give advise from experience. OK I'll go with that SOOO, having that said what I come back with and back up with and am building is ALSO from experience and thats why i call it pissing contest cause we're going around in circles of whose right and whose wrong. Thing is I NEVER SAID you guys were wrong, I was just sayin for me for 12 years or so my xjs have worked, held up, and been reliable with what i build them for and how i use them. Thats as simple as I can put it and thats all I really mean to say. Nothing is ever a fact about a specific truck because every part is human made and there all different and can perform different so all WE ALL have is opinion from experience and i appreciate that, but yall are just plain tryin to say that for FACT is not possible or stupid to just drive on 38s and kill people, that is where I believe things got out of line with you guys. If you or people you know have done horrible things on xjs this big, well thats not going to tell me to stop my build and faith in MY experience, you guys act like im some newby just started wheeling xjs yesterday. I've driven NOTHING BUT XJS for 12 years and know them almost perfect so once again, its OK that yall are scared of xj on 38s but im not and not going to back off the build just becasue one or two people had one bad experience. In That Case, none of us should ever build a toy cause they have all failed at one point or another miserably but people still keep on building ......soo....i think this post speaks for itself and says it all. Yall enjoy your rigs and I'll keep enjoying mine. And when i brake something, big deal so what, its part of the sport no matter what you got. fix it and keep on going the way you guys would with your rigs...point made here fellas,

ON A AWESOME NOTE: Installed both shafts today and got to test out the Doubler and Holy Crap, thats some bad azz crawlin power. This is going to be exiting. Got some bigger brakes coming though, i noticed like someone said, doesnt' stop too well when double low so brakes upgrade finally gonna haave to happen. :bling:

I can't wait when those tires get traction, the axles are almost guaranteed to shit little pieces everywhere.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk

OK.... there is only one way to solve this. Dude needs to bring that thing up the the Flats for our next open invite. Till then.......................

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Yo dude even if I came there, I wouldn't be intimidated by anyone to test my rig just so yall can laugh and say I told you so. I would still only stick to how i wheel, go where i feel i can and manuever however I normally would to keep going and NOT brake something. I have nothing to prove on the trail to people, only to myself if i can or cannot. and thats how i learn more about MY limits and abilities with my jeeps. Hopefully i could come someday or yall come up to Richland Trail sometime!!!! its not the greatest but its ok

I can't wait when those tires get traction, the axles are almost guaranteed to shit little pieces everywhere.

Sent from my mobile Toyota base using Tapatalk
well as long as i don't ever have any wheel spin, I would never bind up the diffs to break anything. and from testing the doubler in the yard on some hills today, doesn't look like i'll have to touch the gas much to go up stuff. im pretty impressed with crawlin power and torque in double low 1st gear and never touched gas on 37ish degree angle climb, try to get video of that tomorrow when someone can tape it.

Dear 88jeepster, my wifes rig is a '96 cherokee aka pinkyxj.
Stock axles and gearing, 33" tires.
I can change a axleshaft on it in 15 minutes. Why?
Because the stock axles are junk and i carry a lot of spare shafts to repair it.
Soon to be upgraded to a hp44/14bolt combo. Why?
Because an xj is an awesome off road vehicle,but the axles suck.
And a xj only has five seat belts, yet you ride with a family of six.
I can only pray that you are the one riding in the hatch without one. Why?
Darwin said so.
Yo

Dear 88jeepster, my wifes rig is a '96 cherokee aka pinkyxj.
Stock axles and gearing, 33" tires.
I can change a axleshaft on it in 15 minutes. Why?
Because the stock axles are junk and i carry a lot of spare shafts to repair it.
Soon to be upgraded to a hp44/14bolt combo. Why?
Because an xj is an awesome off road vehicle,but the axles suck.
And a xj only has five seat belts, yet you ride with a family of six.
I can only pray that you are the one riding in the hatch without one. Why?
Darwin said so.
Yo

if you run 33s on that 14bolt that rig is gonna turn into a plow.

Nah, new axles = 38" creepies.
Thought about running 49" Iroks with the d30/8.25 axles.

well as long as i don't ever have any wheel spin, I would never bind up the diffs to break anything.

you're binding up your axles and diffs and everything else in your drivetrain more the way you talk about having no wheel spin. Imagine dropping a clutch on pavement vs in dirt.
  • The tires break loose in dirt=wheel spin.
  • Drop clutch on pavement=very little to no wheel spin. If you have weak components on pavement something is bound to BIND and BREAK.
Here's a good example of binding......didn't see very much wheel spin there. From what I gather you must think that was way too extreme and not your style of wheeling but that jeep is pretty equipped for the lift and tire size and effortlessly broke a ujoint and twisted the splines on the shaft.

i guess you just need to learn how to drive in the mountains and use the trans and brakes at the sae time to brake but you're a pro so i shouldnt have to tell you that, right

hey someone tell oleblue not to cry and not to have a heart attack since a guy is driving a xj on 38s around town. he might have to go tell Obama about that crazy xj guy and have the DOT take his ride for not proper braking force applied to the wheels. what a grandma

Got some bigger brakes coming though, i noticed like someone said, doesnt' stop too well when double low so brakes upgrade finally gonna haave to happen

If anyone on here has done the bashing it is you and you are still wrong :gay:

maybe so, havent' been there in long time but either way those hills are crazy steep and would love to try them out, one or two, with this doubler on and about 5 psi, and see how far i get....maybe:confused:

Wouldn't count on getting far...

:shaking:

once again oleblue, thats just your opinion and ur entitle to it, no problem, i just don't agree from MY experience. i'll get some videos up soon i hope when i can find a good trail to go on besides the playgrounds at richlands and i'll post it up, and if i brake something trying something good, ohh well, its a heep right, fix it and go again. nothing to be wrong about. Im confused of what im so wrong about.......tires with doubler size....axles.....vehicle choice.....i hope callantte opens back up and if so, than that will be the place to go and test out my experience and this new setup.

ohh and as for that JK in video, ur right i wouldn't do what he's doing becasue well...."whats the point" why risk driving over that just to risk 'binding' and stressing something so yeah, my wheeling style once again keeps me smart and away from pointless stuff like what hes doing so i dont grenade something, again just my opinion and style, nothing wrong with his way or my way. difference is>>>>his way risky, my way safer..point made and i get to keep driving to finish line and come back again, and not spend money. beautifully put heh mate

For the first time in my life,
I am at a loss for words.
Paul out.

so ANYWAY people..............grow up and shut up and stop yer pickin.........back to the fun stuff and real life>>>just finished welding the 8.25 and gonna go play with that today. I got mad yesterday when I tried something in the yard and one rear wouldn't spin......Damn open diff...that's it. YOur in time out in the garage buddy LOL; WHats funny even my 7 years old looked and said, Daddy why the other tire not spinning, that's why you couldn't move. well now she knows what open diffs are and locked diffs.
OHhh, and guys enjoy your day, seriously!!! stop stressin about some xj fool on 38s. or the one that drives through ditches with welded rear..he he he Peace

Here you go, this will resolve all the dispute brought to this thread by scared xj builders who fear for their life. This will get your feathers ruffled.....:D

no i recall several times being called stupid/crazy and endangering to my family for my xj but whatever: don't care what yall think, only the "cherokee fans" i look to for advise as i started this post for. thats my conclusion to you guys with this whole thread is if your not a true xj cherokee fan for all mods big or small, than u shouldnt be giving your opinions on this forum. if someones mod/upgrade "scares" you, than tuff, look the other way and cry in your own corner, this post is for the xj fans who like to see the xj above the "normal" limits. you know since im on the topic: why stick with the norm anyways. i'm tired of cherokees on 33s or 35s. theyre all over the country everywhere you turn. so why not do something nobody else dares to: go bigger or go home is what i say. IF your too scared to go that high and big in a cherokee, than zip it buddy and go home otherwise sit back and watch those guys who love to do the unexpected and awesomeness that all others wouldn't dare.
1. i built Cherokee on 12" lift with 39.5' Truxs D35 welded, D30 Disco Welded and ran for 9months, sold it and the 19year old who bought it in Hickory,NC is beating it all too pieces and loves it down at Richlands.
2. I'm building my second biggest Cherokee on 38s now with 231/231 Doubler, 8.25welded, D30 front open for now, 3.5"lift, and other mods.
3. I've had over 7 other xj toys from 31s to 36s and everything in between but got tired of not following people on 40s.
Now thats what I call fun and cool builds instead just doing what is "acceptable" and just run what people say to run that's booring and thakes the fun out of being independent and unique. If i want to be the same as others, i'll go buy that 97xj with 44s front and rear someone put on here, just so the guys on here and on the trail can go "thumbs up" and be cool. I like being different and as i've said before, i like proving that XJ axles aren't always as weak as people say they are.
and BTW, technically no mall crawler, rock crawler, DD, or anything we built are technically not designed to do what we do and how we beat on them so for that comment someone said about brakes and 38s, thats where i stand with that. only in double low is my brakes crappy but in 2wd, i can brake just fine, even down a hill without downshifting so what the hell kinda brakes do yall expect on jeep or any truck with 38s, were not driving a benz or BMW guys, we're on freaking crawlin toys with big ass tires, of course braking force is weaker, Duh.

trail guys are gonna hate me if im behind them on a hill in double low as in my yard i can't stop....without going to N :driver:

trail guys are gonna hate me if im behind them on a hill in double low as in my yard i can't stop....without going to N :driver:

wrong, they will hate you when you break and clog the trail for 45 minutes trying to swap an axle.

We don't care about your safety with the little braking force against 38" or rotating mass. we care about the family you run over trying to stop..

ohh yeah, ive never swapped axles on the trail, ever, i just keep going until i get home. who brakes so many axles or driveshaft to where they can't get home or to the road.....seriously...only when my gearbox has ripped off the frame was i really stuck but i solved that a long time ago

I believe you..

what the hell do yall do on the trail to immobalize you and block the path, thats what i keep wondering

Most of us are built in proportion to our tire size. We have don this though experience & common sense. However it does happen, everybody breaks.
when this happens it depends on the carnage whether we get a push/pull off the trail or we fix it where it is. Going off your previous statements I honestly don't think you would know what to do & would hold up the trail. I hope you don't hurt your self trying to fix it..

now im palm slapping myself in the face out of confusion here.

This is due to your Darwinism..

JeffB, i still dont get how even lets say a fool like 'me' , breaks everything to "immobalize" myself, and i work on these things for a living at my own shop so thanks for the input but i think i can handle a xj axle swap, i put new ones on before i ever hit the trail and have almost never broke one again but when i have broken one, usually in the front, i've just kept driving all the way home, so i'm still lost but thats ur world of breakage obviously not mine, glad i don't wheel with people like you. You sound like the ones 'Grenading on the Trail' and blockage, not me...he he. i can't say ive been there or done that, but you have so where does that put you and me, on totally different spectrum of what your trying to prove. if anyone has trail haters man, you have the trophy along with others who get immobalized cause i haven't pissed off one person on the trail until my first gearbox break but even that was no sweat cause they were real fans of the sport and helped me out on 36s:D instead of laughing and talkin smack like yall do. thats the support we should all be giving folks.....now this could teach people something if they read it without pride.

JeffB, i still dont get how even lets say a fool like 'me' , breaks everything to "immobalize" myself, and i work on these things for a living at my own shop so thanks for the input but i think i can handle a xj axle swap, i put new ones on before i ever hit the trail and have almost never broke one again but when i have broken one, usually in the front, i've just kept driving all the way home, so i'm still lost but thats ur world of breakage obviously not mine, glad i don't wheel with people like you. You sound like the ones 'Grenading on the Trail' and blockage, not me...he he. i can't say ive been there or done that, but you have so where does that put you and me, on totally different spectrum of what your trying to prove. if anyone has trail haters man, you have the trophy along with others who get immobalized cause i haven't pissed off one person on the trail until my first gearbox break but even that was no sweat cause they were real fans of the sport and helped me out on 36s:D instead of laughing and talkin smack like yall do. thats the support we should all be giving folks.....now this could teach people something if they read it without pride.

I promise and this is only for you. If you ever break on the trail & I come up behind you while your working on your junk. I promise to keep going, hell I'll probably point & horse laugh you as I go by....

As several on this board can attest, I always stop and offer assistance.

and one more thing there xj padawan. Use your fucking spell check...

Once again, ANY REAL XJ FANS want to go wheeling this weekend around boone and test out this build of mine, 38s cut deep, doubler,welded rear,.....anybody???

Seriously?? he he he....

WTF?

There is no way.
ur an ass , get a life looser, yes i make money working on these things but i don't come pissing on your job so what the hell is your problem, who rattled your cage. "you came and left" so follow that...fjs and tjs suck major asscrack>>>sucks to be on the receiving end......:sniper:

Come on Chip dont delete this...if he is going to talk shit he should be able to take it back.

There is no way this is real. I still say its a spoof, and JT is trolling us hard.

As I said befoe it was deleted, Robby Bobby read this and gave up drinking and meth for an entire night.

Dude if you cant see that taking that abomination on the road endangers everyone around you, please just drive it off a cliff and save us all.

OK I have went back a couple pages and deleted a lot of the BS, and yes, including my own. No offense to anyone.
Still some on here, not that gun ho in reading and sifting through it.
So.........
That said, unless it pertains directly to the tech or, LACK there of, let it be.
It's everyones right to be an asshat(phrase coined by Rich) or a complete idiot(but he is admitting to upgrading to at least an 8.25.
So, if you post, please direct it toward the "tech" in this thread

jeff b if you really are the generous one wouldn't speak as you do bro, u ain't fooling me, maybe you help your boys with rigs you like but a xj like me you would just piss in the wind and thats not a good sport, thats an ass FYI. see normally a guy like me admires people like you with cool rigs on the trail but now i see your true colors therefore you now give all people in your standing a bad rep. i'm trying to give xj's a good rep but you guys are all dawgin'em and yet you call yourselves sportsmen with morality and good ethics. NO, that's what I call hypocrite and looser and no different than all the other worldly bonks like that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back