CNC plasma table thread! 5x10 Premier

marty79

And so it begins finally!!
Figured I'd start a thread cause it'll be continuous and probably gonna need advice lol.
Starting question: do these 2x4 rails need to remain bare metal? Grease? Silicone spray? Thanks
20210823_155018.jpg
16297484201617784573951186219236.jpg
16297484427811182973160290251392.jpg

Heres my table. Does that help :)

Congrats John, you are chasing what you love while most people in the world are stuck doing something they hate.

I might have you build a winch bumper for ‘Mater.

Congrats John, you are chasing what you love while most people in the world are stuck doing something they hate.

I might have you build a winch bumper for ‘Mater.
Thanks a lot man, yeah its def not the easiest route or the most profitable but it's what I love doing. At his software/computer crap is really testing my limits without being shown how lol

John I have the perfect project for you when you get setup and comfortable. Very simple, and I’ll gladly pay you and have you ship it to me.
I’ll be following, let me know when you’re ready.

Picked up some scraps to practice cutting on. 3/8 plate, 3x 14g sheets, 3x 10g sheets for under $200..heck yeah my scrap guy is good to me!
And finally decided on orientation of the table (golly quit being such a woman John lmao)
Now to finish up wiring and tomorrow start cutting some random stuff.
20210825_134815.jpg
20210825_134802.jpg

Buy some cheap sheet metal from your scrap guy to cover the ceiling, or you may not have to worry about it for long.

Buy some cheap sheet metal from your scrap guy to cover the ceiling, or you may not have to worry about it for long.
Even 5ft up I need to worry about it?

This will be interesting to see how I wire in the plasma cutter and THC controls lol (not funny)

Even 5ft up I need to worry about it?
How far does a spark travel when you get a good sprayback? Is there anything flammable or combustible in that range?

How far does a spark travel when you get a good sprayback? Is there anything flammable or combustible in that range?
No just those 2x4s that are 5ft above it

Ait then I'll get it covered!
If sheet metal is problematic, one of those welding blankets could be put up with screws and washers maybe?

Funny story.

I use big pieces of heavy cardboard from Snapon boxes and such to lay on when working on stuff. I’ve never liked laying down on concrete.

When I was welding the 2 exhaust hangers on ’Mater I caught the CB on fire and didn’t know it until it had singed the hair off my arm and burned me LOL

I also weld in flipflops at times so….

Funny story.

I use big pieces of heavy cardboard from Snapon boxes and such to lay on when working on stuff. I’ve never like laying down on concrete.

When I was welding the 2 exhaust hangers on ’Mater I caught the CB on fire and didn’t know it until it had singed the hair off my arm and burned me LOL

I also weld in flipflops at times so….
Lol, happens to me quite often..my shirt has caught fire couple times.."what the heck is that smell"...I get melted metal falling into my boot just the exact way (go figure) even with high top boots. Doing this for a living, especially without a lift, I'm used to that stuff.

Worst is when a piece pops right in your ear and you hear it sizzling. 😖
Omg screw that, its soooooo weird especially when one goes behind my earpiece.

So only 2 wires go to the plasma cutter according to this?
16299216068429042933644669983913.jpg

But mine has 4 wth?
16299216770467577731178272186487.jpg

Back