CNC plasma table thread! 5x10 Premier

I don't know if they are the same. i will do some research to see i have several lt1 and ls motors sitting around to check.
Cool let me know, tomorrow I could draw up the LS block plate if its different

Quick look on advance adapters they are differn't mounts for the lt1 and ls engines. Will do some more research.
Pretty sure it's just the block bolt holes orientation but might be wrong. (Thought I've read this somewhere awhile back)

That is what i am reading to.
I think 1 hole is off lol been a few months since I did the first LS swap but I swear I remember 1 hole being off like .5" or something

My son put 5.7 vortec motor in his jeep he bought a motor mount kit to do his and it worked great. I have done several cj motor swaps and made all my mounts for them. This is the first ls swap we are doing have 2 more jeeps to ls swap after we figure this one out..

well well well holy cow my life just got SOOOOOO much easier...I just found out (figured out) how to upload straight from Inkscape to Sheetcam and eliminate an entire program..WOOHOOO!!!! did I mention I don't like computers or software.
Then i was able to download SHeetcam onto this home office Labtop for free along with Inkscape few days ago, and I tried it all out and what ya know, it works..uploads straight from Inkscape in SVG to Sheetcam...no having to use DXF>>go figure. Man so much stuff to learn but it's all coming together.....just slowly hahaha

well well well holy cow my life just got SOOOOOO much easier...I just found out (figured out) how to upload straight from Inkscape to Sheetcam and eliminate an entire program..WOOHOOO!!!! did I mention I don't like computers or software.
Then i was able to download SHeetcam onto this home office Labtop for free along with Inkscape few days ago, and I tried it all out and what ya know, it works..uploads straight from Inkscape in SVG to Sheetcam...no having to use DXF>>go figure. Man so much stuff to learn but it's all coming together.....just slowly hahaha
I have very little clue of what you said there except for the part on how much you don't like computers and software. Computers are my nemesis but i can cut weld and grind and paint but then again i do stuff the hard way. lol..

Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

well didn't finish the mounts yesterday cause a big dumptruck rolled in for fab work and trailer repair...then some old timer brought me in a old school horse carriage wagon to replace floor pans and do some welding on ....will get em done soon

TJ L83 5.3 swap mounts done!
Nothing fancy but easy to install, no guesswork!
Been so busy and behind schedule but they're perfected after several times tweaking.
Will be posted for sale soon. Bolt in to factory mount hole to allign, then weld em in. Starts with motor 1/4" from firewall/ tub and allows 1" forward movement. Sets the 5.3 about 3/4" to passenger side, no modding of steering shaft!
20211021_161049.jpg
20211021_161100.jpg
20211021_161116.jpg
20211014_142945.jpg
20211019_143204.jpg
20211019_143142.jpg
20211014_161107.jpg

Are those made to fit over a 4 cylinder frame or 6 cylinder frame motor mounts?
Oh yeah 6cyl frame but I need to get measurements for the 4cyl frame and find out the LS 5.3 block dimensions too

For grins and giggles (and because the general population is lazy and a little...stupid) I'd either cut a D/P or L/R in each mount to make sure they know which one goes where. You can never assume they know what they're doing :D

If you were close to Harlan i have a 4 cylinder frame and 5.3 motors and 6,0 and a few other motors. The 4 and 6 cylinder frames are the same except for the motor mounts are in a differn't location's we have cut them off and put the other one's on when we do frame swaps. Pm me a price on the mounts that will work on the 5.3 motors.

For grins and giggles (and because the general population is lazy and a little...stupid) I'd either cut a D/P or L/R in each mount to make sure they know which one goes where. You can never assume they know what they're doing :D
They're very obvious though of what side is which..no way they fit any other way. They look similar but are totally different

Pm me a price on the mounts that will work on the 5.3 motors.
5.3ls or L83? I need to find out the difference in the LS 5.3 block holes and any other difference. (Pretty sure only 2 holes are off but I believe the 5.3 blocks are same otherwise)

They're very obvious though of what side is which..no way they fit any other way. They look similar but are totally different
I am very aware of that and you're aware of that, but I've seen people cut up brand new parts and try to install them backwards. If nothing else, just take a paint pen and write on them and type up/print out some quick and simple instructions. It's that kind of attention to detail that make people tell other people about stuff they bought...and keeps them from contacting you to bitch about things because they're stupid :D

The one i am using is in a 2010 chevy pu 4x4 if that helps i can get the vin tomorrow and run it to see wich motor is has in it.
Sounds like a Gen IV LS to me. To the best of my knowledge, the mounting holes are the same as a Gen III. Gen V is where things change up.

Probably an LY5 or LMG if it's flex fuel capable. 2007 to 2013, I believe. In this case, I don't think the RPO code on the engine matters so much as what generation engine it is. 99-07 classic is Gen III, 07-13 is Gen IV, and 14 on is Gen V LT. This is in the truck world, anyway. Car and SUVs vary slightly. As far as I can tell, all of the aftermarket offerings for LS motor mounts fit Gen III and gen IV the same.

Just did a quick search seem like the l83 started in 2014 to 2019 so i would say mine isn;t a l83.
correct but I'm pretty certain all I need to do is change the mounting holes on the block plate and everything else will line up since I've read (if I understood properly) that the blocks themselves are same length and such, just different holes.

I am very aware of that and you're aware of that, but I've seen people cut up brand new parts and try to install them backwards. If nothing else, just take a paint pen and write on them and type up/print out some quick and simple instructions. It's that kind of attention to detail that make people tell other people about stuff they bought...and keeps them from contacting you to bitch about things because they're stupid :D

Sounds like a Gen IV LS to me. To the best of my knowledge, the mounting holes are the same as a Gen III. Gen V is where things change up.
John. How are you going to market with these units?

In the answer lies the answer to your suggestion @Croatan_Kid . I doubt the hoped for sales market will give much thought to instructions. If I miss my mark on sales strategies and business planning I feel this is going to be a lot of cash and carry.......

John. How are you going to market with these units?
I am going to have a Business website made in the next week or so, and pay for it to be on Google...so when people search "LS/LT motor mounts/TJ motor mounts swap,etc it will come up.
I'm all open to any more suggestions but this was my thought along with the many places it's for sale already.

Back