CNC plasma table thread! 5x10 Premier

Now yall got me wondering if I could beef up my Y axis, take the head assembly of a drill press, mount that sucker and drill all I could ever want lol. Surely wouldn't take much for 2x4 steel to hold that up....definitely a future project I'm going to consider

If you've got enough meat left on a sheet and have a way to mark/scribe hole centers, I believe you'd be much better served (and for the life span of your gantry) with one of these. Hougen Portable Magnetic Drills

Expensive, yes....but drill holes exactly where you want them? Yep. You betcha. No walking off the mark with those.

Expensive, yes....but drill holes exactly where you want them? Yep. You betcha. No walking off the mark with those.
Very true, it's not that expensive once I get going making some money off this for what that will do!

Dam man, this software conversion crap is kicking my ass bad..gonna be a long night. I love Inkscape to draw but the hell with its exporting capabilities..and Viacad sucks monkey balls importing lmbo (funny but not funny dang it)
Or I'm just too stupid for this tech stuff...ayayay

First custom firepit order in..dam software importing sucks but I got it done
20211013_125846.jpg
IMG_20211013_130158_305.jpg
IMG_20211013_130158_317.jpg

Anyone have experience using Inkscape and/or PunchViacad?
I'm stuck and can't figure this issue out..
I draw in Inkscape and weather I save it as PNG or SVG or DXF, when uploading to Viacad image loads but like 10x bigger.
I tried everything, was up till 4am screwing with it and finally gave up and just took the time to scale the drawing down so I could make that firepit I posted..that took a while too..
Any help or ideas anyone, thanks a bunch.

I'm also open to any recommendations on drawing software lik Inkscape that's either free or affordable. Thanks again

Anyone have experience using Inkscape and/or PunchViacad?
I'm stuck and can't figure this issue out..
I draw in Inkscape and weather I save it as PNG or SVG or DXF, when uploading to Viacad image loads but like 10x bigger.
I tried everything, was up till 4am screwing with it and finally gave up and just took the time to scale the drawing down so I could make that firepit I posted..that took a while too..
Any help or ideas anyone, thanks a bunch.

I'm also open to any recommendations on drawing software lik Inkscape that's either free or affordable. Thanks again
Is Viacad the program that creates the plasma g-code for the machine? You have a dwg already. What is this cad program for in the process?

Is Viacad the program that creates the plasma g-code for the machine? You have a dwg already. What is this cad program for in the process?
Viacad exports dxf/dwg files to Sheetcam. You can draw in Viacad but its limited and much more difficult so Inkscape has way more options and much faster to use but saving/exporting out of Inkscape is what sucks

My system came with Viacad (Draw), Sheetcam (setup process/tools/G-Code), Mach3 (actually Cut program)
Ok, I dug this out. I may be wrong in my thinking. Viacad is a capable but simplified drawing program. It produces drawings and or imports other formats and can convert.
Sheetcam is the process but also the code generator from the drawing file or formats. Most likely dwg. (just guessing or assuming from my research). Mach 3 is just the side running the machine. Motor off on back and forth yadda yadda.

Why not skip the Viacad of inkscape produces a dwg format. Load straight from inkscape to Sheetcam. Process then cut?

Or is it a dxf that's needed? I get them confused. The short question can you cut out the viacad step?

Or is it a dxf that's needed? I get them confused. The short question can you cut out the viacad step?
I'm not sure, but I know Inkscape doesn't export in DXF which is what Sheetcam needs..I'm gonna keep researching into it. I'd love to eliminate using viacad too lol

Check this out. I noticed she said something about a designer level of inkscape....maybe a missing link. This may be a work around.

Good luck I gotta sleep. Pulled my all nighter last night as well.

woking on some pretty sweet Gen V L83 TJ motor mounts to draw up on this table....I had it all designed, cut it out, tacked it together and now gotta do some "tweaking" and fine tuning but they will allow 1" of adjustment of motor front to back starting with the heads almost touching the tub and allowing almost an inch forward movement. The main frame mounts being "centered" on the factory jeep motor mount bolt hole (only requiring cutting off half the factory mount). Hope tomorrow to have both mounts done and ready for sale!! I'm super exited about this... There will be absolutely no "guess work" involved in mounting a LT1 in a TJ frame with these. Stay tuned, I'm almost there....(I'm pretty sure these will work for "LS" swaps unless their block plate hole orientation is different, which if so, I just need someone to give those specs for me and that would be a simple change

If you want you can send me a set of the mounts to test for you i am putting a ls in a tj lj frame and putting a scrambler body on it.
are the LS blocks same bolt holes ...(4.250x3.625) square pattern? and when I'm done and ready, I'd be willing to do that

Back