Dynamite Design - Sling Shot

2,028 hours till Moab!

Thats notch is pretty intense.

Gotta be the most intricate, involved notch I've ever seen.

You clearly put passion into what you do. I can't wait to see how this goes and to see you get done so maybe you can do something wild for me in the future.

Last edited:
o_Oo_O

Haha the fabrication isn't what bothers me, it's the logistics and marketing end that blows my mind.

View attachment 143061

afcdn.mtbr.com_attachments_arizona_818822d1374697449_too_early9f5b75b74b794bf047a96429efe1b03a.jpeg

I'd have to say a flap disc or die grinder is the only way to make a notch like that, I don't even think a cnc laser could do it being that it's already bent.
You've got far more patience than I do, I've changed a cage design just to avoid hand notching something simple. Have fun making the other side match. :flipoff2:
If anyone can make it match...david is the guy.

David, just from your short stint working at C&S Customs bike shop here in Mocksville which is/was owned by a friend of mine, I can tell you that I have heard from no less than 6 well respected ''spark makers'' that all say ''That guy is the best aluminum welder they have ever seen.''(of course the work you did there was mostly aluminum)

A couple of the old timers have even said they couldn't believe their eyes and couldn't believe that someone as young as you was laying down the best welds they've ever seen.

I wish you the best of luck!

There are a good number of people on here, and across the country, who have watched me learn and grow on the proving grounds, through my early 20's. All around the shop, on the race track, and in the drivers seat. I guess the internet is my new proving grounds, and now everyone gets to watch me learn and grow.

I'm going to do better. Starting now.

Run!!!! He's a Marine that builds guns for a living!!!! Damn it, hate when that happens. Reckon we know I'm not a liar.

Gonna make some changes with that B'oomerang pillar, and by the way.... Lookin for a windshield.

IMG_35905137176405.jpeg

IMG_35795268096816.jpeg

IMG_35791658477675.jpeg

IMG_35787449005018.jpeg

It's coming along man. How's the engine going? David I have done the same thing to a customers windshield...not a fun thing, but no biggie either. Rock on man, let me know if I can help you, going to start turning on my cnc plasma table, I might get you to help me with design cad software stuff...after this of course

I don't understand the attitude in this thread? I've seen nothing but good work and positive comments about your work, yet you seem to think everyone is against you and doubting you. I've tried to keep my mouth shut and just enjoy the build but it's confusing really.

The long welds look cool but I have to ask are they as strong as a solid piece of tube? Looks to me like it would add areas that could fail or shear/tear? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back