Dynamite Design - Sling Shot

He must have really enjoyed those Krystal burgers.

No David, In fact it was just the opposite. I wanted the Krystal Burgers badly, he didn't. I wouldn't quit saying '' Come awn man...lets go eat Krystal Burgers'' He threatened me with either bodily harm and/or a long walk home..o_O That fawker.

Rob and I dropped him off at the hotel and went back for about 50 or so K burgers. Ron was right though..talk about GUT ROT!
:rolleyes: Good times..

He MIGHT have ended up dancing in his skivveys,somewhere but I don't know. I was just saying that Mars Fab would like to see that, I bet!;)

No David, In fact it was just the opposite. I wanted the Krystal Burgers badly, he didn't. I wouldn't quit saying '' Come awn man...lets go eat Krystal Burgers'' He threatened me with either bodily harm and/or a long walk home..o_O That fawker.

Rob and I dropped him off at the hotel and went back for about 50 or so K burgers. Ron was right though..talk about GUT ROT!
:rolleyes: Good times..

He MIGHT have ended up dancing in his skivveys,somewhere but I don't know. I was just saying that Mars Fab would like to see that, I bet!;)

No I ate that night at some late night waffle house wanna be dive...
The next night Rob, Wolf pack boy and I about got kicked out of the Hampton Inn for grilling chicken wings...INSIDE THE ROOM ON A GAS GRILL :D

And I think the next night...we chased a bloody drunk up and down the road until we lost him and he walked back to GAP...

Last edited:
For some reason, this makes me wonder if R & R ever had an eating competition between each other, when they were in college. I would bet money that this happened. I'm just not sure who would win.

More context: Josh wants a bench seat installed in his jeep, so I designed the cage for the most possible space. The outer tubing is very close to the soft top all the way around. He wanted something nice that compliments the lines of the jeep, but something not run of the mill. He wants all the hard work he's put into his rig to shine. I personally wanted to push a stylish design of my own, and work the limits of a different approach. Basically to cause some attention, and show that I don't need a blue print. This may not be what anyone else wants but, Josh is staying excited. If I can work with him and give him what he came to get, then its a win. Josh told me to push the limits and show off what I am capable of. The best part about fabrication, no powder coat, and a deadline is it can come back after it's debut ride at Easter Jeep Safari, and changes can be made no problem.

I'm not hating whatsoever. Your fab skills and welding is better than mine will ever be.
But...
I just don't see where you are going with the cage design. It seems like there will multiple connector pieces instead of continual tube work. I guess (creativity aside) I simply don't see why you designed/ built it the way you did. Maybe I don't have the foresight you do...

I can't figure it out either... but Im watching to see whats next.

Mad skill's as a welder, love the twisted tube's in the back corner's not sure about the top where it connects. As always I will keep my negative comment's to myself till the cage is finished. any hater's just might be eating crow.

if u look back to some of the buggies that Dave has worked on its hard to question his work. Looking at this cage on the forum is one thing but in person u can see where it is going and get an idea of the outcome. Its definitely going to be one of its own

IMG_16258182403561.jpeg

Well.... I could of did it a whole bunch of different ways. It will work good and look cool. Sometimes you just have to narrow it down and flip a coin.

Looks like total hell. I bet it turns out really custom and cool. Keep up the pics.

I am at just a total loss as to the direction of all of this. Nothing to me in the pictures says strong, and you can trust your life inside of this cage in a bad roll.

I'm kinda lost too. I thought this was a build thread. I go to the "garage" or chat for the drama. I hate I've missed this. There musta been some good edits or deletes in the beginning.

Gotta hand it to you those are some killer welds but the design seems weak. But I'm no designer or engineer.
I built my own cage off of a factory family style cage and it would be hard for me to trust it 100% w/o the factory cage but I'm not planning on being in a situation I'll be barrel rolling 200 feet at 75 mph. I know how it is to give up some safety for astetics or a little more room.

knowing other project that David has had his hands on.. I am not going to make my mind up yet on strength etc.. I do want to see more.. so get your ass busy

No clue what the dash is going to be, but I'm excited. Love the lines of it, where did you find that gauge cluster and radio?

12Voltunlimited.com I contacted him about two years ago and this is what we came up with, and now he sells them. Very nice work. David will likely not be using the cluster so if you wanna buy it ill sell it cheap without the gauges!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep...-guage-switch-panels-direct-bolt-tj-dash.html

The Radio is here http://www.aquaticav.com. Their stuff is supper nice and I am sick of standard car radio's quitting. I got this one from PJ and it is slightly longer than a standard single din radio.

Back