Finally a Diesel.. CTD, W250.. Dyno'ed again

Well since I like making my truck my own.. I decided I need to add a little bling to it..

I looked all over ebay and other sites and no one in good condition..

So I stopped in at dealer and I was amazed they ordered me a Brand New one :)

Oh and since I am kinda a Computer geek I added my updates so far to my website:
http://www.impaks.com/dodge92w250.asp

Marking and prepping area
dodge18.jpg

Here is the Bling..
dodge19.jpg

dodge21.jpg

dodge22.jpg

Here is truck now with camper shell on it...
dodge23.jpg

stone4x4 said:
is the truck to wheel or tow?
do you know how to turn it up(fuel)
if not pm me

Truck is for towing my XJ..

I have read tons on how to turn it up :)
but I am gonna leave it along except for the exhaust and intake.. everything else I am gonna leave.. I want to put some good miles on it before I do anything to extreme to it..

stone4x4 said:
with moderate adjustments you can improve the fuel mileage
thats if you don't mess with the smoke screw
what ya doin to the exhaust and intake?

I have read and been told to take muffler off and do straight pipe and for intake make a BHAF

BRUISER said:
I have read and been told to take muffler off and do straight pipe and for intake make a BHAF
I put a BHAF on mine and it was way too damn loud. It sounded like a freaking hoover craft taking off, I just put a good flowing one in the the sock box.

BHAF

I still run the stock intake filter and have no problems with EGT temps. From all the research I have read the need for a bigger intake filter and larger exhast is not a real benifit until you get into the 350/400 hp and above. My truck is a 97 with a 4" exhaust, from the turbo, cat removed, and a straight through muffler. I did not see any difference in egt temps. It will do 38 lbs of boost at 2000 rpms. I am sure it would build a little more boost with a bigger intake filter, but it is not needed.

Well after riding in my truck for about 5 hrs on a road trip my back was hurting bad.. due to the warn out bench seat..

So I got some bucket seats out of a Ford Van and John Herr and i fabbed up some brackets and redid the inside of the truck.. ( shhh.. JOhn did most of the work due to my back stil hurt)

1st pic is tearing it all out

2nd pic shows the brackets

3rd pic shows the problems we found under the carpet ( so we had to fix that also)

Attachments

• dodge 045.jpg
    dodge 045.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 406
  • dodge 061.jpg
    dodge 061.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 430
  • dodge 062.jpg
    dodge 062.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 410
well then I copied Rich's sound deading post and we added some shiny stuff to the cab.. we put it on floor, back of cab and above head liner..

Attachments

• dodge 064.jpg
    dodge 064.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 433
  • dodge 065.jpg
    dodge 065.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 418
after that I decided to add some carpet padding to also help with sound and make it more comfortable on the feet.. and we topped it off with some nice vinyl floor

Attachments

• dodge 071.jpg
    dodge 071.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 414
  • dodge 069.jpg
    dodge 069.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 433
  • dodge 067.jpg
    dodge 067.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 445
add then I realize the inside of the cab looks like crap so I went and got some Trim paint and we painted the interior all black to match floor and new headliner we put in..

man this thing looks like an entirly different rig now..

I wil try to get some better pics this weekend in the sunlight

Attachments

• dodge 072.jpg
    dodge 072.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 446
  • dodge 075.jpg
    dodge 075.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 424
  • dodge 077.jpg
    dodge 077.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 419
Ok I got some better pics at the house this weekend

hope these do it better justice of how nice it looks...
Oh ya I drove it to work today and man it was a lot quieter then before )

dodge%20078.jpg

dodge%20079.jpg

dodge%20081.jpg

dodge%20083.jpg

dodge%20084.jpg

I like the fact that you didn't even take the duct tape off the shifter the whole time! Looks great!

Looks GREAT! Nice work.. :beer:

rattlecanpaint said:
I like the fact that you didn't even take the duct tape off the shifter the whole time! Looks great!

hahhah.. ya we had to remove only once :)

Rich said:
Looks GREAT! Nice work.. :beer:

Thanks I am very happy with it so far...

now I just need new bed and some paint and I will be very happy

Well Took the Dodge out for a little longer haul this time..

I towed an XJ to Nashville to drop off at a freinds shop for a project he is working on...

Man this thing can haul..

I estimated about 70 to 75 mph and we got 11.9 MPG on the way there and on the way home I was kinda pushing it with the empty trailer and we got 16MPG.

Oh and we did black mountain at 52MPH.. and that was not pushing it that was just holding it steady :)

Glad to hear that the trip went well!

Did the valve adjustment go OK?

thecarman said:
Glad to hear that the trip went well!
Did the valve adjustment go OK?

Tried but could not get engine to turn by hand.. :)

Back