Finally a Diesel.. CTD, W250.. Dyno'ed again

Update: Truck has been pullng every load we can throw at it great.

I just added a new Tach since the Stock one did no work and I could not get it to work :)

000_0101.JPG

000_0100.JPG

I also fixed the factory throttle linkage so now no worries on all that extra play.

000_0096.JPG

000_0102.JPG

more to come :)

cool truck!

Does that tach pick up RPM off the alternator?

How much was it?

I need one for my truck.

Does that tach pick up RPM off the alternator?
How much was it?
I need one for my truck.

Yes it works off the alternator
I got it from Jegs.. price I would have to look it up..

Update: Truck has been pullng every load we can throw at it great.
I just added a new Tach since the Stock one did no work and I could not get it to work :)

I also fixed the factory throttle linkage so now no worries on all that extra play.
000_0096.JPG

000_0102.JPG

more to come :)

swap the linkage and the spring...and let me know how it goes...;)

Greg

How do you calibrate it?

there are a couple different ways...

one is to buy an optical tach and put some reflective tape on the harmonic balancer and actually read what the motor is doing and set the tach to match...

I opted to do it a different way...used an online gear/rpm/speed calculator, and based on tire size, figured out what RPM's it should be running at certain speeds...

I set it at a high speed/high RPM, and then as I slowed down, I checked to see how close it was...and checked it in other gear/speed combos...

I'd say it's within 100RPM at any given gear/speed combo right now...

Greg

Attachments

• dodge_92_ctd.jpg
    dodge_92_ctd.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 462
Well Took the truck over to a Dyno Day in Durham to see what a Stock CTD can do..

here are the numbers I got for the lowest of the day :)

166 HP / 435 TQ

not bad for pretty much stock truck..

My truck on Dyno
000_0308.jpg

List of all the numbers on the wall
000_0317.jpg

Yes that is correct one guy broke 800HP in his '96 CTD

hmmm...now I'm real curious as to what mine would do with the couple mods I've done...

BTW...I pulled a 394RWHP/456RWTQ at that same place with the '02 Ram with the 5.9L gas motor a couple years ago...it hit a high of 413/486 before I sold it...

Greg

i remember that... you were the badass of the day iirc.:lol:

ken, what happened to your front end? i don't remember your fender/bumper being wrinkled the other week. it was dark though...

hmmm...now I'm real curious as to what mine would do with the couple mods I've done...

Greg

Ya would be interesting to see.

I am only going to do a few more mods to mine since I know that the Getrag tranny will probably not hold up to much more Torque :)

i remember that... you were the badass of the day iirc.:lol:
ken, what happened to your front end? i don't remember your fender/bumper being wrinkled the other week. it was dark though...

Yup it was smashed before.. :(

but I have new fenders and hood for truck..

ah. i think i might still have a good front bumper if you need one. i know i've got a like new chrome rear.

ah. i think i might still have a good front bumper if you need one. i know i've got a like new chrome rear.

ya I need to stop by and check them out..

Back