Finally a Diesel.. CTD, W250.. Dyno'ed again

I need to do mine also. I want to see the difference between Grease and Diesel and then again after the Few mods I have to do

Added some LED Cab lights to truck..

They look good and work well but the lights seem to be a little testy so we will see if they keep working or not..

000_0340.JPG

000_0336.JPG

where'd you get them? the stock orange ones on my f350 look a little odd with the clear corner/parking lights.

Looks good

Looking good

Well a While Back I put bought soem New Mirros for my DODGE since I can not stand the old school chrome mirrors that never stay in place..

And since I have a Big trip coming up I need to get some tow mirrors So I decided it was time to make them work.

I made a cardboard template then , I copying that onto some steel, etc..

Once I located the correct location I welded the plate into place added soem bondo to smooth it out ... then the rain started so I threw up a tarp real quick but it was so Humid the bondo would not dry..

so I ended up just painting over it and installing mirror so I could drive the truck last night, since I had dinner plans.. I am gonna do passenger side today and hopefully finish the bondo work also..

here are pics:
First shows old mirror
000_0341.jpg

next 2 are plated welded on.
000_0500.jpg

000_0503.jpg

With some bondo
000_0504.jpg

with mirror on in closed position
000_0509.jpg

with mirror on in open towing position
000_0510.jpg

I hope to get some more pics today..

Where did you get the new mirrors? Those are what I want. I think they are a straigt bolt on for my truck.

Where did you get the new mirrors? Those are what I want. I think they are a straigt bolt on for my truck.

That is the bad part I bought them a while back.. but I am looking for the info..

I think it was Ebay.

oh and they are 3rd Gen mirrors..oops :)

Close up from side....do not mind the bondo mess i have not fixed that yet :)
000_0524.jpg

with glass open
000_0525.jpg

from back with glass open
000_0526.jpg

Sweet mod! Very unique!

wow, those things are HUGE! should fit in nicely when you get the rest of the paint/body work done.

have you put that bumper on yet? i'm curious to know if it bolted up.

what are your plans for the old mirrors? i can use them for my ramcharger if you're getting rid of them.

wow, those things are HUGE! should fit in nicely when you get the rest of the paint/body work done.
have you put that bumper on yet? i'm curious to know if it bolted up.
what are your plans for the old mirrors? i can use them for my ramcharger if you're getting rid of them.

Hope to try the bumper when I get back from trip..

Ya you can have the old mirrors..no problem.. once i get the passenger side on we will meet up..

sweet! i don't mind giving ya a few bucks for them or whatever. just let me know when you're ready, i'll swing by and get them sometime.

Those mirrors are a straight bolt on to second gen trucks, '98 + for sure I'm not positive about the earier models. From '98 trough '02 the mirrors are manual, starting in '03 they could be manual or power/defrost. The mirror swap was certainly on of my first mods on the '99, and what a huge difference it makes with a loaded trailer.

steveo

Truck looks good. Those are great mirrors for towing.

Just a heads up for those that might be looking to buy them. They at $352 a piece from Dodge. But you can flip over to the Mopar catalog and get a pair for $355. :lol: And you can always check Ebay, they usually run 150-200 a piece. Be sure to get a genuine Mopar mirror, I've heard that the cheaper knockoff versions are crap.

Adding Big Ass Air Filter to Dodge :)

Well I bought the larger air filter (BHAF) a while back and just have been waiting for some free time to install it.

Well today a buddy and myself decided why not lets make it.

So we first took out the old air box and hose..

first pic shows old factiry air filter
000_0545.jpg

this pic shows the stock air intake hose
000_0544.jpg

Here is the box and the air tunnel out of the truck.
000_0546.jpg

Then we took some comparison photos to show the factory vs. BHAF
wow that is a big filter
000_0548.jpg

000_0547.jpg

Then we got started on the making of the Old Smokey Mount

we took some sheet metal we had laying around.. and used the following diagram:
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=17708&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=522

we did modify it a little.. instead of 1/2" break we made it 1.5" so it fits up under fender and help hold the mount in place with more metal..
we also moved the angle 45 degree cut up a little so that way I could leave the overflow coolant container in its stock position :)

Here is the mount in the middle of cutting the steel
000_0551.jpg

this shows it all cut and bent up
000_0552.jpg

then we made a steel strap to go around the filter to keep it in place
000_0553.jpg

After it was all cut and bent I took some Silver paint I have and painted it all to keep it from rusting

Here is the finished mount done and in the truck
000_0555.jpg

One more pic from different angle
000_0556.jpg

Of course while I was under the hood I could not help myself so I turned up the HP screw ONE full turn and WOW what a difference these two things together did for my power, and of course it is really cool to here the turbo wind up :)

all in all it took the 2 of us 3 hrs to make the mount, paint, get it in truck and turn the power up.. Not a bad saturday :)

Back