Frankenstein Street Queen (a.k.a. SpeedBump)

Still can't get the doors to fit right. Always had trouble with half doors too. The culprit seems to be this one piece windshield hinge. Gunna bust out the hammer. And if that's doesn't move it enough I'll have to cut that bracket I guess along side that edge so as to separate the hinge from the other hinge.

c1e0056d7c8fec53eb2f2c17fb2d9b12.jpg

1ab1c9718cc97d3f806d76a7f72c62c0.jpg

Went out a couple times today and got some more scrubbing in. One or two more times and a quick sanding and I'll be ready to monstaline on Sunday

5916280936b989b5061720952a0b7f12.jpg

93e965c8db57b3264f96afc190ebbc24.jpg

It stalls. When I clutch in or go neutral, the drop to idle is so drastic it dips below the 600rpm and dies.

I'm thinking it's the running rich issue. It's taking the computer too long to adjust trim? That's just what "feels" like but have no technical knowledge to on at the moment

It stalls. When I clutch in or go neutral, the drop to idle is so drastic it dips below the 600rpm and dies.

I'm thinking it's the running rich issue. It's taking the computer too long to adjust trim? That's just what "feels" like but have no technical knowledge to on at the moment
No CEL?

Almost sounds like a faulty sensor or injector to me. Unless the richness has caused something to get carbon buildup and not work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No CEL?

Almost sounds like a faulty sensor or injector to me. Unless the richness has caused something to get carbon buildup and not work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah running rich codes. And like -12ish on trim.

On EFI can I spray starter fluid to check for intake gasket leaks?

I'm panning on replacing the intake gaskets and taking @Jody Treadway up on his suggestion for getting the injectors tested and cleaned.

If I'm still running rich don't know what else to do than take it to a tune shop so someone with a computer can mess with.

Oh and I feel pretty tall. Is the only way to go lower is linking and coils? (On soa stock YJ ATM)

I'm panning on replacing the intake gaskets and taking @Jody Treadway up on his suggestion for getting the injectors tested and cleaned.

If I'm still running rich don't know what else to do than take it to a tune shop so someone with a computer can mess with.

Someone with a scanner/computer can check balance rates on the injectors to see if something is up there. Should also be able to look at O2 and other sensors to see if anything is off.

Oh and I feel pretty tall. Is the only way to go lower is linking and coils? (On soa stock YJ ATM)

depends on how much up-travel you want, and what you are willing to modify to get it lower. You can definitely get low on leafs. Staying SOA, the only real option is moving the perches up/out. You can go back SUA with different springs though. No matter if you are linked or on leafs, getting low take the same modifications to the frame/body to clear the axles/tires.

Free front diff cover arrived. From metalcloak. Appears to be slightly under 250 on the dome, but the edges are solid all the way. Half inch at the thickest points.

0581582216252de57aea21d5bdb41151.jpg

14d51903e615805ba980c66faa757c55.jpg

d185189099e57b01a0c642905eccc1a8.jpg

@XJsavage thats funny. i totally missed seeing that!

Someone with a scanner/computer can check balance rates on the injectors to see if something is up there. Should also be able to look at O2 and other sensors to see if anything is off.

ive have a cheapo scanner that i can monitor live data with. i need to figure out the logger function then we can go from there. thanks man!

depends on how much up-travel you want, and what you are willing to modify to get it lower. You can definitely get low on leafs. Staying SOA, the only real option is moving the perches up/out. You can go back SUA with different springs though. No matter if you are linked or on leafs, getting low take the same modifications to the frame/body to clear the axles/tires.

that makes sense. i never thought of outboarding have that duality of a purpose. thats cool. yeah i wouldnt want to go through that trouble just to lower it.

this was heart lightening to read today. :D

""it's not a matter of which differential is better, it's a matter of which one is better for you!""

i have positive thoughts for the truetrac when i hit the rocks for the first time. but worried that $500 bones would have been better spent on the e-locker ($900?). Time will tell. After all, its a journey, and a journey without mistakes is just boring.

I do wish i had knew of 35 spline before. one of these days ill have to satisfy my mind with some comparison research into 30 spline chromo vs 35 spline oem.

Last edited:
Here is some pics after the sprayed on (rolled first coat) final coat. The texture has much improved I think with the spray. I wasn't as anal this time. So not perfect. Just means i need to do the monstaliner exterior plans or maybe go semi-gloss black.

c756338b8f08a8f3a632e11e92f54b3d.jpg

9d555c5d037e8cb3f9eb98acecd51922.jpg

a0ab2f09f7247a7418604ea21983a9b1.jpg

603fb3c84db29878e277648ccafc4a48.jpg

cbc52440661d56d32b1da72633362b15.jpg

ce977a5d120c48a95d04c81375b13843.jpg

61b0e4b01212c33cbea905abdef8d70c.jpg

It's your Jeep, but please dont ruin it by putting bedliner on the outside. Thats a bad choice you cant really come back from.

haha. i agree with you. i had aspirations once of a "hardened" exterior paint job. but it only took one ride along to see the futility of that. if i happen across a free can, maybe i would consider. but No the plan right now is buying a gallon of some color and having fun with the spray gun.

Liner turned out really good! :smokin:

Trying to figure out where to mount this. I may need to build something. Hmmm.

200adf8fdb0f2faa7593bf93558a30be.jpg

I think I want to build a flat spot like this from the firewall back. It would give me a great place to mount it and far enough away from shifter boots and what not.

7c9aa603121357a2c00d3f3af81aba93.jpg

And it could go all the way to the rear tub area like this.

256ed9106ef841ea6d5b28d29f8844ad.jpg

Think is this flux core on the lowest setting lowest speed still melts this body panel sheet like butter. So dunno how I would build this or even attach to the floor. Hmm.

Want to try to get a lot done this weekend. Hopefully discover something by then.

I guess it doesn't have to go there either. Just made the most sense because of running heater hoses. But then again, the hoses will be on the P side and the heater ports are on the D side.

I tried to use the Force to fix this tailgate but couldn't. Not enough clearance with the hardtop lift gate.

996869b61aa7753bc8abd4a59dec7038.jpg

Back