free roll cage material

Alright I wanna play now! Here's one of my big ugly Flux core welds from tonight. 0.045 dual shield, 3/8 angle iron to 1" plate,single pass. My finger is there for reference. I have big fingers.

Attachments

• 20160303_230024.jpg
    20160303_230024.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 300
it would benefit me more if I knew what I'm supposed to learn more of by being told some info about my welds...I can't go to my friend to teach me anything unless i have some swort of direction for him to point me in

Nobody will be ablt to teach you anything until you empty your cup to make room for more knowledge. Since you already know everything.

Alright I wanna play now! Here's one of my big ugly Flux core welds from tonight. 0.045 dual shield, 3/8 angle iron to 1" plate,single pass. My finger is there for reference. I have big fingers.

I have been running dual shield manufacturing heavy equipment for 20 years. This is most on my knowledge base in welding. Your weld looks very good, no undercut & very uniform smoooooth:smokin: I have always liked how an accomplished welder can run a vertical up in a 90* corner 1" out from each side & 1" deep in a single pass with dual shield. Flux lifting as it cools.

pretty awesome looking weld sir.

Welds look better than mine.

I have been running dual shield manufacturing heavy equipment for 20 years. This is most on my knowledge base in welding. Your weld looks very good, no undercut & very uniform smoooooth:smokin: I have always liked how an accomplished welder can run a vertical up in a 90* corner 1" out from each side & 1" deep in a single pass with dual shield. Flux lifting as it cools.

Well that means a lot to me! We kinda went into it blind. We'd been building these 25 and 50 ton presses with solid, but I was never really confident in the durability of the weld. It's all done single-pass, as running multiples would eat up the profits pretty quickly. It took a little research and some trial and error to find how this wire likes to run in this welder. It's picky stuff! I'd love to see this vert up you're talking about. My vertical experience with flux combined with popular opinion is that it SUCKS to run anywhere but flat!

Well that means a lot to me! We kinda went into it blind. We'd been building these 25 and 50 ton presses with solid, but I was never really confident in the durability of the weld. It's all done single-pass, as running multiples would eat up the profits pretty quickly. It took a little research and some trial and error to find how this wire likes to run in this welder. It's picky stuff! I'd love to see this vert up you're talking about. My vertical experience with flux combined with popular opinion is that it SUCKS to run anywhere but flat!
This is not my welding. I am quality control and in section now.

Not as big as described either. That unit is not currently being built until we get an order as they are custom.
20160304_100103.jpg
20160304_100122.jpg
20160304_100145.jpg

This is not my welding. I am quality control and in section now.

Not as big as described either. That unit is not currently being built until we get an order as they are custom.

The old MM210 won't spit that much wire at a joint! Impressive! Christmas tree weave? I'm just impressed he could keep it from looking like candle wax. That's what I tend to get when I try to run Flux vertical!

I pulled these off IG. I'll have to look on the laptop or my old phone for some flux core, and other hardwire pics.

This is one of my students work. Weld is about 3/4 to 7/8 wide. Cover pass on vertical up.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160304_cda89c98918a5cbf17e93ab0cf3dd12f.jpg

The next two are my work on some rusty tube to clean plate on my rockers, and then on the 4 link brackets for my dad's @moldman05 s10 truggy.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160304_f2402393a34b5daa8af1a466ffc30993.jpg

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160304_7728ca1683427db340ac383fba6d3146.jpg

The old MM210 won't spit that much wire at a joint! Impressive! Christmas tree weave? I'm just impressed he could keep it from looking like candle wax. That's what I tend to get when I try to run Flux vertical!

Then you are traveling up to slowly. Get a rythem, pause at the end if horz. Travel. Watch your keyhole blow out and fill back up. Move across and up about 1/8 in the side to side motion .

wow those are all some pretty bad ass looking welds guys.
Well today I went and did some welds on some plates just to see what I can get when I focus a little more on the actual welding: comments welcome. also the axle perches i went back and did a "double pass" but you'll see how it looks....it's my first time double passing but is it supposed to be bulky like that..i mean i guess since it's double but anyways, i did double pass on the axle perch ad the other flat 3/8plates but jointed together so let me know what you guys think...thank you
weld test 1.jpg
weld test 2.jpg
weld tes.jpg
double pass axle perch.jpg
double pass flat weld 3.8 plate.jpg
3.8s plate weld test.jpg

as you can see my double pass is much uglier than single pass cause these are my first time double pass welds but i guess I will get used to it...yall had me double pass welding a lot of stuff on my axles i just installed LOL

*edit

Advice removed

Last edited:
moving forward to fast.
this yeah i do that more than I'd like to..
trying to weave to big.
is this referring to the double passes and i never asked anyone: are you supposed to grind down the first pass before the double pass...i didn't but was wondering.

is this referring to the double passes and i never asked anyone: are you supposed to grind down the first pass before the double pass...i didn't but was wondering.

No, all your welding you posted.

*edit

Advice removed

Last edited:
I'm not a welder and cannot weld. But I believe that if you are willing to listen to the good welders on this board, apply the suggestions they have, and practice a lot, you Mr. Fuller can be a very god welder also. If you put your mind to it and follow their advice, your welds will be as good as others on here. Just don't become angry and give up. That's my motivation speech for ya lol.

For your skill level
so just curious (if I should dare ask) but in complete honesty without just replying some bs...what skill level would I be considered according to what you have seen.

Out of a scale of 1-10

Out of a scale of 1-10

well that's cool i guess...means a lot coming from you, no offense at all but i think you're one of least fond of me so that says a lot. Thanks

well that's cool i guess...means a lot coming from you, no offense at all but i think you're one of least fond of me so that says a lot. Thanks
You are correct.

Make no mistake, this advice is in no way to benifit you. It's to save the lives of those around you when your abortion flies apart.

Practice heeding said advice and post more pics.

It's to save the lives of those around you when your abortion flies apart.
:lol::lol::Dsorry had to...it just makes me laugh that hard! thanks for the honesty though:beer:

I try to help you do better and you mock me.
*edit
To save those around you, maybe even your family...

Go Fuck your self

Back