Fuel Prices report

Should only take 6-12 months for the prices to SLOWLY begin dropping šŸ™„
UNLESS, there's a sudden "ban" or *limits* placed on UAE imports (remember where you saw this first šŸ˜‰) to meet the current administrations electric car/unicorn farts narrative...

This is certainly part of the equation, but if you're driving that truck 20k miles a year, at 15mpg, at $2.50/gallon, thats $278/month, or about 1/3 of the truck payment. At $5/gal, that suddenly becomes $556 a month, which is starting to approach the actual cost of the payment.
A 750 a month payment on a car is stupid. But thatā€™s another topic. That and itā€™s probably for 84 months too.

Should only take 6-12 months for the prices to SLOWLY begin dropping šŸ™„
UNLESS, there's a sudden "ban" or *limits* placed on UAE imports (remember where you saw this first šŸ˜‰) to meet the current administrations electric car/unicorn farts narrative...
Got to love that it never comes down as fast as it goes up. The gas they are charging this much now for was paid for a while ago also. They win on both sides

The way I see it no matter the price people still seem to drive the same. Very few will cut down on the ā€œextraā€ non essential driving they do. Just like when thereā€™s a shortage

I commute 150 miles round trip a day. Fuel out here in the northeast corner of NC has stabilized since Tuesday with diesel at $5.09 and 87 at $4.19 generally. Some stations are higher or lower by a bit.

Its still nutzo but I'm somehow relieved it stop claiming 20+ cents a day.

The way I see it no matter the price people still seem to drive the same. Very few will cut down on the ā€œextraā€ non essential driving they do. Just like when thereā€™s a shortage
For commuting, yes.
But extra trips, there's decisions to be made.
Easter is coming up, as of today that trip would cost us $100 more than normal.
With also having to balance the added cost of everything else going up already eating into the family budget, gotta decide just how much I want to listen to Grandma saying dumb shit and Grandpad trying to eat with his dentures lose.

boat.png

Just got back from PA a couple of hours ago.The station across from our hotel was $4.99/gal for fuel Sun night when we checked in.This morning when we left it was $5.59.Most of the truck stops along Int 81 are high $5,some are over $6.Abington VA was $4.79/gallon earlier tonight.I spent about $500 on fuel this trip.Roughly 1800 miles total.

The gas they are charging this much now for was paid for a while ago also. They win on both sides
Um... not exactly. They may have paid less for it then, but still have to buy more in order to stay in business.
You don't sell your product for what you paid for it, you sell you product for what it will cost to replace. Otherwise you're always behind and in the hole.

Um... not exactly. They may have paid less for it then, but still have to buy more in order to stay in business.
You don't sell your product for what you paid for it, you sell you product for what it will cost to replace. Otherwise you're always behind and in the hole.
Bad news about Russia invading Ukraine, crude oil jumps up 5-10% and the price at the pump changes from when I drove in to work and drove home. If Putin pulls out of Ukraine, the price at the pump will not drop at the same speed as it went up.

/\ /\ /\ makes you wonder why diesel in California is only $.09 more than regular out there and ours is $1.50 ??

Price of electric / hybrid vehicles must be going through the roof
Not gonna lie, I have wanted a Model S since they were released and want one even more now.

Not gonna lie, I have wanted a Model S since they were released and want one even more now.
I can honestly say I have never wanted or liked the Tesla. However right now I'm wising I had a Rabbit diesel truck.

Bad news about Russia invading Ukraine, crude oil jumps up 5-10% and the price at the pump changes from when I drove in to work and drove home. If Putin pulls out of Ukraine, the price at the pump will not drop at the same speed as it went up.
Russia invaded on 2/24, crude ripped on 3/1.

/\ /\ /\ makes you wonder why diesel in California is only $.09 more than regular out there and ours is $1.50 ??

It's anomalous. Check the charts - gas is $5-5.50 in most of CA, diesel is $6-6.50. They also don't use as much heating oil out there.

Price of electric / hybrid vehicles must be going through the roof

Makes you wonder if AOC and her cabal have already invested in the electric car companies, makes sense when you think about it as to why they are pushing so hard against US oil independence and saying that "high gas prices are the price of democracy".

Drove past the Tesla dealership on independence blvd this morning, they have their lot full of cars now. Seems like itā€™s 2-3 times the inventory thatā€™s been there over the last year.

Drove past the Tesla dealership on independence blvd this morning, they have their lot full of cars now. Seems like itā€™s 2-3 times the inventory thatā€™s been there over the last year.

Those are all sold. There really arenā€™t any dealers with non pre sold units on the lot. A normal model 3 is 3 months out. A performance is 1-2

Back