Fuel Prices report

MD is debating a temporary gas tax holiday to offer some reprieve, the state somehow ended up w/ a pretty big budget surplus so there's all kinds of fights over how to spend it.
While it sounds nice, IMO its kind of trivial and not the bet use of funds, in the grand scheme of things the tax is tiny compared to the base cost fluctuation.

MD is debating a temporary gas tax holiday to offer some reprieve, the state somehow ended up w/ a pretty big budget surplus so there's all kinds of fights over how to spend it.
While it sounds nice, IMO its kind of trivial and not the bet use of funds, in the grand scheme of things the tax is tiny compared to the base cost fluctuation.
I heard rumors of NC talking about something similar or reducing the tax. But as mentioned before, it is a flat rate, not percentage, so even if you eliminated it, it only takes prices for ~$4 to ~$3.50.

Also, if they did a holiday, the run on the stations would be ridiculous, and would create a "shortage" at the pump. The price gouging that would follow would reverse any attempts.

I heard rumors of NC talking about something similar or reducing the tax. But as mentioned before, it is a flat rate, not percentage, so even if you eliminated it, it only takes prices for ~$4 to ~$3.50.

Also, if they did a holiday, the run on the stations would be ridiculous, and would create a "shortage" at the pump. The price gouging that would follow would reverse any attempts.
Don't know about NC but here, "Holiday" isn't the right term bc it would go on for quite awhile, avoiding the hysteria.
They were saying it would cost the state something like $50mil. My take on it is, even though I like lower taxes, rather than giving away that money in a way I'd hardly feel it, dump it into the schools.

Don't know about NC but here, "Holiday" isn't the right term bc it would go on for quite awhile, avoiding the hysteria.
They were saying it would cost the state something like $50mil. My take on it is, even though I like lower taxes, rather than giving away that money in a way I'd hardly feel it, dump it into the schools.
Agree 100% there. Maybe give teachers a bonus, or give out scholarships to kids going to state schools, etc.

Or try to be fiscally responsible and invest it in something, so that when they dont have a surplus, they can help cover it. Im sure there are laws preventing such things though.

They could always give it back to the people they took it from...... :)

#taxationistheft

Crude's up 7.5%. Did pump prices go up $0.30 yet?

I'm still seeing the following:

87 = $4.20
Diesel = $5.00-$5.10

Prices have been the same every day for about a week now.

Aberdeen/ pinehurst area
Gas: I don’t own one and don’t look
Diesel: 99% is 4.99-5.09. The Circle K I use is 4.99 but I use the Circle K card so it knocks off .10cents.

Marion Loves this morning, Gas $4.05 Diesel $5.58.

Don't you mean down 12.6% for the week

The contention was that crude prices go up and gas prices go up immediately. People complained that crude sold off Mon/Tues, but the price at the pump didn't seem to move. It's not that linear, of course.

So for those posting about loves and pilot and some of the others, I’m wondering how the MASSIVE price jack is relevant when they all run Willie Nelson approved fake diesel at the pump? So, therefore, how are they jacking prices so damn high to “react” the Putin problem??

Filled up at 3.88 but saw 3.84 half mile down the road

Still holding just above $5 in Galax to Roanoke that I noticed, gasoline is down a smidge to 4.10ish.

Still holding just above $5 in Galax to Roanoke that I noticed, gasoline is down a smidge to 4.10ish.
Fuel is that way at least to Staunton VA.

Loves in Marion this morning, $3.99 and $5.38

boss.jpeg

We were in Gaffney Sc this afternoon,Gas was at least $4-ish and fuel was over $5

Back