Fuel Prices report

Energy analysts warn that prices could go as high to $160 or even $200 a barrel if buyers continue shunning Russian crude. That trend could send U.S. gasoline prices past $5 a gallon

Energy analysts warn that prices could go as high to $160 or even $200 a barrel if buyers continue shunning Russian crude. That trend WILL send U.S. gasoline prices past $5 a gallon
fixed it for you!

thats why the only really apprpriate solution is a tracker, but nobody wants that (including me). So we're left with not-good solutions.
most people are volunteering to track their location already, on their phone. Many people are also volunteering this information to their insurance companies through different programs already, for a "discount."

I will never understand why there is not a push to develop oil from Algae. I guess the price per barrel dropped so it was not as hot as back then.

2009: Valcent was the one I looked into.

2017 video:

3% of the oil comes from Russia
In the real world that wouldn't really impact gas prices, but because of how it all works, it will shoot it up. Its all crap, and made up and artificially set based on whatever they want to it to do.

artificially set based on whatever they want to it to do.
They've made no secret about wanting the price of oil to go up. It's been going up steadily for the last 15 months, and that has little to do with Russia.

But in the short term, consider that there are already huge shortages, limited stocks of everything. We talked last week about how API was expecting stocks to increase by 3mm bbl, but we had a 6.1mm barrel decrease instead. On net, we import about 2.3mm barrels per day. Biden just banned 500k of them.

most people are volunteering to track their location already, on their phone. Many people are also volunteering this information to their insurance companies through different programs already, for a "discount."
When I switched insurance companies last year, State Farm was nice enough to send me a few tracking beacons in the mail. I promptly called them and told them they could keep the trackers and I'd switch back to Allstate. Come to find out it was less than $5/month discount. But most people probably just go along with it because they don't care or don't bother to find out.

These people are on crack. No way in hell will the heavy truck market will make it on electric vehicles. The long range technology and fast charging technology just isn't there. It will have to be a diesel electric, think train, hybrid or hydrogen like JCB is researching. JMHO.

FYI those insurance "driving behavior" boxes usually don't have location, only an IMU to measure acceleration, speed etc.
And phones don't address the issue bc you may or may not be in your own car.
But I do agree with the sentiment that people are already giving up an awful lot of privacy info, and it isn't a stretch... but I'm pretty sure it remains a bridge too far for most of us here.

In the real world that wouldn't really impact gas prices, but because of how it all works, it will shoot it up.
Of the crude oil, yes.
But we mostly buy refined gasoline from Russia, and in a much larger % that has been increasing lately.

In the real world that wouldn't really impact gas prices, but because of how it all works, it will shoot it up. Its all crap, and made up and artificially set based on whatever they want to it to do.
This was going to be my next question. How could us not receiving oil from Russia, which I knew had to be a low number, affect our gas prices so much.... but I guess any disturbance in the force can jack prices up if they want it to.

These people are on crack. No way in hell will the heavy truck market will make it on electric vehicles. The long range technology and fast charging technology just isn't there. It will have to be a diesel electric, think train, hybrid or hydrogen like JCB is researching. JMHO.
YUP. BEV class 8 trucks will begin to find usage in some regional applications in the last 1/3-1/2 of this decade. Long haul will remain diesel for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

When I switched insurance companies last year, State Farm was nice enough to send me a few tracking beacons in the mail. I promptly called them and told them they could keep the trackers and I'd switch back to Allstate. Come to find out it was less than $5/month discount. But most people probably just go along with it because they don't care or don't bother to find out.
I did the same thing, was shopping for insurance. Called our home owners insurance company to get a bundle deal, they told me they could only beat our current price if we put trackers in our cars, I promptly told them I would take my business elsewhere.

I am not sure half my cars are even smart enough to offer the information they are looking for through the OBD II port.

All the places that were $4.00 this morning were $4.20 this evening.

Would butanol save us? Last time I looked it was cheaper to make than gasoline and contained about the same energy. Butanol can be blended to any percentage or used straight.

Last edited:
Back