Fuel Prices report

I am going to fill up one of my 6g cans I used up the other day. Scared of what I’ll find 😕

Everything around here went from 3.89 to 4.99 for #2 in the last week. Therefore I present to you:
19B27564-DA2E-4B2B-8EF9-4D9BA52F292E.jpeg

The latest I read stated that the national average will hit $4.25-$4.50/gal.

Two local stores finally breeched $4 yesterday. They're both owned by Arabs so I guess their direct link price has finally gone up. They held out longer than anyone else.

Diesel is $4.29 by my house, $4.99 down the road at the Sheetz. The store by my house is most often as cheap as I see anywhere. I went ahead and filled up the excursion even though I haven't driven it much recently. I have about 200 gallons of on-road I bought when it was $2.69 (regretted not getting it and more when it was $2.09 at the time). I am probably going to try to use that for awhile.

They are just doing this so when the price drops down to $3.50/gallon everyone will be 'happy' and praise them for dropping prices.

To help our daughter practice math, wife had her calculate the difference in gas cost for us to take our annual Easter trip to Southport in her Mini instead of the trusty old Pathfinder.
I really didn't like the answer, its sounding like we might be packing light.

Everything around here went from 3.89 to 4.99 for #2 in the last week. Therefore I present to you:
View attachment 368249
I heard they had checking trucks w aux tanks in the bed for running red fuel.Saw pics of them at the stock barn checking.

I heard they had checking trucks w aux tanks in the bed for running red fuel.Saw pics of them at the stock barn checking.
Old dude I used to know ran dyed fuel from his aux tank all the time. He was OG Ron Paul. He plumbed his aux tank into his fuel system. Always had a little on road in his regular tank in case he got dipped.n

Futures predict $200 a barrel soon. First world problems, but it’s going to hurt filling up the boat over and over this summer. Especially with 93.

Morning price check:
Regular 87 = $3.90
Diesel = $5.00

$5.00 for on-road diesel
$4.29 for offroad diesel

Two guys we know already got fuel stolen out of their trucks. I moved a few cameras yesterday to point at where we park equipment. I held off on getting a transfer tank/toolbox combo and now that has gone up another $100 as well.

Old dude I used to know ran dyed fuel from his aux tank all the time. He was OG Ron Paul. He plumbed his aux tank into his fuel system. Always had a little on road in his regular tank in case he got dipped.n

They don't check fuel filters ? Just dip the tanks ?

They don't check fuel filters ? Just dip the tanks ?
How would you even do that?
On a lot of vehicle fuel filters are a major PITA to get to. Its not like you can just pop 'em off and look.

I've never heard of anyone checking filters. You have to remember, they work for the government. They're going to do as little work as they can get away with
IDK. It's common practice in Europe, they don't dip the tanks because of the workaround mentioned above. They always pull the filters.
It's also way harder to hide the dye in the filters.

I don't know shit about diesel laws and their efforcement here. Obv I get that offroad diesel isn't legal to drive on the road with.

How would you even do that?
On a lot of vehicle fuel filters are a major PITA to get to. Its not like you can just pop 'em off and look.

Impound vehicle, tow it to workshop of their choosing, have a certified mechanic pull it. You pay for the bill of course.
Welcome to Europe.

Are the road / highway taxes etc tacked onto gas a flat $.cents or a pct rate? Never really paid attention.

Are the road / highway taxes etc tacked onto gas a flat $.cents or a pct rate? Never really paid attention.

Prob a percentage. Which is why gov is happy when gas prices go up.
I know in France, fuel tax is the third source of income for the gov.

Back