Fuel Prices report

4.09 for regular and 5.09 for premium in southend charlotte.

New all-time high US average gas price, per gasbuddy - $4.104/gallon

Wife texted me that the Speedway in Mount Airy is 4.19 for regular.

Apparently gas tax is indeed a flat amount per gallon. And Jebus look at CA.

Which does mean when prices spike and people change driving habits / flock to EVs etc, the state loses money.

Which does mean when prices spike and people change driving habits / flock to EVs etc, the state loses money.

Which is why they keep floating a mileage based tax on your tax returns or something like that

Which is why they keep floating a mileage based tax on your tax returns or something like that
There is no doubt a mileage-based tax is the most reasonable and logical approach. The problem is how to get the info, since you can't trust people to tell you what it is, and nobody wants their car followed around.

Pennsylvania was 5c higher than Cali.

There is no doubt a mileage-based tax is the most reasonable and logical approach. The problem is how to get the info, since you can't trust people to tell you what it is, and nobody wants their car followed around.

An issue I see with mileage based tax is my mileage is reported when my vehicle is inspected in NC, but not all of my miles are in NC. If the per mile rates are different in each state like the per gallon rates, I wouldn't want to pay NC at a higher rate for the miles I drove in SC, and I don't think SC would like me using their roads with no compensation.

Duane

lock.jpg

Pennsylvania was 5c higher than Cali.

An issue I see with mileage based tax is my mileage is reported when my vehicle is inspected in NC, but not all of my miles are in NC. If the per mile rates are different in each state like the per gallon rates, I wouldn't want to pay NC at a higher rate for the miles I drove in SC, and I don't think SC would like me using their roads with no compensation.

Duane
thats why the only really apprpriate solution is a tracker, but nobody wants that (including me). So we're left with not-good solutions.

thats why the only really apprpriate solution is a tracker, but nobody wants that (including me). So we're left with not-good solutions.
Fire everybody.

The State isn't losing shit the last couple of years, look at your property taxes. The value on every asset have go up like crazy.

The State isn't losing shit the last couple of years, look at your property taxes. The value on every asset have go up like crazy.
I can't remember about NC but here the state doesn't get shit from property taxes. Thats only local. in fact the stat put a cap on how much it can increase annually.

I can't remember about NC but here the state doesn't get shit from property taxes. Thats only local. in fact the stat put a cap on how much it can increase annually.
Could be, but my values went up over 20% in a year, All they said was they base it off of nada or something. When i offered to sell them the vehicle for the price i was being taxed, they Weren't amused lol

Could be, but my values went up over 20% in a year, All they said was they base it off of nada or something. When i offered to sell them the vehicle for the price i was being taxed, they Weren't amused lol
Oh yeah, vehicle taxes.
I don't miss that.

Morning price report from my drive:
87 = $4.00-$4.20
Diesel = $5.10

Filled the Jeep this morning. $63.00 for 15g 😕

1646755993955.png

Everyone at my plant is asking to work remotely, get gas compensation, or go to 4-10's.......

I remember this dance from the last time gas hit $4/gallon a decade ago. Buckle-up buttercup, stuffs about to get real over the next 3-4 months!

Oh....filled up for $3.99 last night, pushed 16mpg out of the 1500HD!

Everyone at my plant is asking to work remotely, get gas compensation, or go to 4-10's.......

I remember this dance from the last time gas hit $4/gallon a decade ago. Buckle-up buttercup, stuffs about to get real over the next 3-4 months!

Oh....filled up for $3.99 last night, pushed 16mpg out of the 1500HD!
The annual compensation conversation is coming in the next couple weeks for us. I was ramping up for the "I'm getting a pay cut because of inflation and health insurance costs" but that might be a hard sell when they're just rolling out permanent work from home flexibility.

Back