Future shop build advice

Ready for trusses tomorrow. Dude said he really likes the wetsets, esp since my concrete guys put them in the right spots.

IMG_20240823_194345399_HDR.jpg

Picked up a 36" old school Dayton exhaust fan with louvers and the motor off marketplace today for $150. No mad about it.

IMG_20240823_195151276_HDR.jpg

Day three was pretty much just gable end facia board and 2/3 of the roof. They aren't in a hurry and are pulling string lines and shooting levels on everything. They are a little weird though. They haven't shown up before 10:30 yet and always work until dark. But I'm not complaining. That they're not rushing through makes me feel a little better about what I'm paying them to do. Id have felt for if they'd have been done in 3 days.

Is that a straight pad or did it have to have footers put in on the edge?

Is that a straight pad or did it have to have footers put in on the edge?

I did 2'x2'x2' footers under each post. No idea if it's "right" though. When I built my house, the engineered plans for my similar height carport specified that size footing for each 4" steel pipe post, so that's what I did here. I'll let y'all know if it sinks into the ground or blows away.

My concern was more uplift than weight bearing. It is a 6" monolithic pour so I feel like it should be sufficiently weighted down. 40yards of concrete has to count for something.

I did 2'x2'x2' footers under each post. No idea if it's "right" though. When I built my house, the engineered plans for my similar height carport specified that size footing for each 4" steel pipe post, so that's what I did here. I'll let y'all know if it sinks into the ground or blows away.
Thanks. I was told that here 2x2x36" was code here. I think those were the dimensions. Might be 2x2x2. I'll have to ask again.

Back