"Gonna do it right...maybe!!??" Fuller's new XJ build!!!

He's a visual learner. Advise from strangers in form of only words is hard to take in for some. He would have to see it in person, everything from welding technique to explanation of steering and suspension geometry, etc. Simply put, the guy has great hands and a work ethic that is very admirable. That's one hell of a good foundation for a good fabricator.
I'm willing to help in anyway I can, because I have a strong feeling (familiarity) about something, way more than just speculation.
JF is mildly autistic. In adults its called Asperger's. Most that have it do not even know it. There is a very good reason I noticed.
Well dang, you nailed it as far how I learn! Its like with the steering geometry help everyone was giving with this leaf setup..I didn't really get it until I actually mocked up couple different ways..even fully made and tried one and then I was able to understand. I just don't learn very well without seeing/physically doing something usually lol. (Maybe since English second language??or no education till age 12?)lol.
Having that said, I am always very thankful for everyone who sticks by and keeps trying to help..that's the reason I'm still here years later even with all the flaming lol, I'm willing to learn even if I am slower at it.
Autistic??...Asberger??..who knows lol, I'm weird, I'm different, I'm special!!! Never gave thought to what it might be lol..I knew I had ADD & ADHD & some other learning disability crap when I came to the states lol...
Well that's that...soooooooooo who wants to haul my rig to marion and do some "testing" lol...ill pay:beer:

Well the important thing is, you didn't use the disability as a crutch. Autism runs in my family bad. It will skip generations and hit the next hard. It ranges of debilitating to considerably a gift. I have two cousins that were "disabled". In reality, it's being disabled by the enabler if that makes any sense. We figure out at an early age that we are very different, yet can't figure out why since we have no idea how normal people actually think.

I've said this before, Those who are given a crutch in life tend to use it. Those that aren't, learn how to f'n walk like everyone else.

Best of luck sir.

I pass through there all the time. Did you end up keeping that motorhome? I can probably lend a hand sometime....but my advise might not be as useful as others because. When talking about technical things I usually sub in perverted or lewd comments in place of numbers or facts.

I pass through there all the time. Did you end up keeping that motorhome? I can probably lend a hand sometime....but my advise might not be as useful as others because. When talking about technical things I usually sub in perverted or lewd comments in place of numbers or facts.

^ 100% Fact and not up for debate

I'll keep that in mind..just got blessed with some f150 lift springs (huge lol) so gonna swap those in front in next couple weeks and see how the steering will work out then. Once these new leafs are in, its ready for a test run unless some reason I have to redo steering with the new leafs having such a bigger arch..could make it better, will know soon.

Well the important thing is, you didn't use the disability as a crutch.
I would never, too many people do and I can't stand it. Man Up, own what you have, work with it/work through it and make the best of everyday count with whatever you have and whoever you're blessed with!

I would never, too many people do and I can't stand it. Man Up, own what you have, work with it/work through it and make the best of everyday count with whatever you have and whoever you're blessed with!
I got your back Dude. Fuck the Haters.
And ol @XJsavage does also.

Last edited:
Hey y'all, fix in to start leaf swap in the front. Was blessed with some F150 6.5lift springs (huge lol) so finally gonna rid of this sorry XJ bastard pack.
Pictured is the ford springs with all but 3leafs removed and next to it is the old bastard pack..(it was too weak, sat flat at ride height and bend like crazy in uptravel so scared they would've broke).
Anyone have a "good guess" of how much lift those 3 would net me? (Just maybe saving several mockups and teardown). Trying to get bout 7-8"of lift and the 52"stock chevy leafs in rear about gave that which it is a 4leaf pack...so was thinking to add one to this ford pack? Blessed and safe independence day everyone!
0703172045.jpg
0703172046.jpg

The ford leafs are 3"wide compared to XJ 2.5"wide so I guess not give/settle with XJ weight as much ...thinking outloud

before you install them, sand & clean them then paint. find some 1/8" thick nylon and place full length between each leaf. will act like a completely different spring, smooth as silk and more flex.

before you install them, sand & clean them then paint. find some 1/8" thick nylon and place full length between each leaf. will act like a completely different spring, smooth as silk and more flex.
X2, or atleast paint and graphite spray between them.

Well finally got new leafs on and shackles..raised it up an 1" so leveled it off good now, rides much better. No flex cause don't have anywhere to flex it lol
Made a winch bumper too (most of it)
0715171924b.jpg
0715171923.jpg

Got 10K winch mounted and wired so jeep is almost ready. (Its even properly bolted down lol) didn't have the Badlands 12 K by time I got to going so Havoc Off road had this good deal with good reviews for $245 free shipping.
0803172312.jpg

I have had this told to me, and I think it sound advice. If you weld a bull bar, at least, it will protect the winch from ever taking a direct hit

A stinger/bull bar is great for protecting a winch but it can also create a leverage point when in impact that'll shear bumper mounts slap off unless proper bracing is added. Xjs have a generous mount of room inside the fenders to add this bracing. Keep it high and tie into the roll cage A Pilar.
;)

I have had this told to me, and I think it sound advice. If you weld a bull bar, at least, it will protect the winch from ever taking a direct hit
So I should box the winch in is what you're saying right?

So I should box the winch in is what you're saying right?
What he is saying is: it's best to provide protection for the fairlead, so it doesn't get destroyed if you impact a rock/bank.

A bull bar/stinger is a good way to do this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is a 2x4 and angle iron a good bull bar?

Back