"Gonna do it right...maybe!!??" Fuller's new XJ build!!!

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes - that's how I've seen them come. The only difference for the wider bushing was a longer sleeve. I've also pulled bushings out of leaf springs that were set up the same way.
Oh weird. Well it is what it is lol. :beer:

Why not do a gear driven divorced rear case now? Then you're done and have no need to re-engineer later.
Just because you have a few chain driven t cases laying around doesn't mean you wanna replace the rear case each time you take it out. The doubler is going to add a lot of stress to that rear chain/case. 205 is a heavy bitch but it's strong as hell and fairly cheap.
Honestly there are so many Facebook groups for 4wheeling if you post up that your looking for a doubler you can find them decently cheap or the kits to build a doubler when I was looking. I found new kits that had been on a shelf for a few years for a couple hundred bucks and found doubler set ups from 450-1200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When all is said and done, you are better off making do with a stock case and replacing with JY pulls until you save enough for

Dang it guys what the hell is going on around here...yall stop with this "listening spell" :lol::lol: y'all put over me haha. Well I gave it lots of thought about everyone's input on the doubler setup and after finishing all the frame plating and studying my setup and such, looking at my proposed doubler idea, I began to realize IF and WHEN this doubler "trial" fails, it's gonna be with RPMs probably on a red trail probably steep trail and become a trail clog (hard to evac one at that). So we don't want that!!! I've done really good up till now to not be a trail plug and now isn't the time to start.

So I installed the 242 for now gonna continue with front setup and then the rear and get this done for now. Save up for either D300 or whatever ever other combo doubler is most logical/affordable and tough. This way I know I can get out and really enjoy these 60s on 37s for while to break em in!
Thanks for the input yall :beer:

Hey guys, is the yoke on the Dodge 60 front take 1350 joint or 1410...thank you

Hey guys, is the yoke on the Dodge 60 front take 1350 joint or 1410...thank you

hard to mistake that!

Ujoints.jpeg

u-jointzs.jpg

Ok good point sorry, I can be slow sometimes.

So to make a front and rear, I need ones from any 1ton trucks?

If it’s second gen dodge axles it should be 1350 but measure to be sure. Hell take the yoke off and take it with you to the parts store. They make a conversion joint too so you can run a 1350 pinion yoke and 1310 driveshaft yoke.

If it’s second gen dodge axles it should be 1350 but measure to be sure. Hell take the yoke off and take it with you to the parts store. They make a conversion joint too so you can run a 1350 pinion yoke and 1310 driveshaft yoke.
You lost me on that last part..there's a joint that will fit into xj driveshaft but also fit in the 60yoke?

Yep. conversion u-joints. I used to have a couple laying around when I had a 14FF in the rear of my CJ.

Looks kinda like this:
cross-joint.jpg

Yep. conversion u-joints. I used to have a couple laying around when I had a 14FF in the rear of my CJ.

Looks kinda like this:
cross-joint.jpg
Cool and advanced would have em. Dang learn something new

Commonly referred to as a bastard joint.

Ok gentlemen so this is where my pinion is good for my driveshaft angle BUT caster is forward like 2degrees...pre presure that's unacceptable right?
How big a pain is it to grind away to turn the Car? What yall think
Need to decide here before I can start my links. Thanks very much for all help so far!
IMG_20180227_203028647.jpg

is that at ride height?

is that at ride height?
Not quite but close. Can't put all the weight on it with no links. It's close though, maybe 2"-3"max more up

I'm doing fixed Y link too to keep pinion angle fixed while suspension travels

@marty79,
Remove the coil, set the axle at ride height in relation to the chassis and start over.

That's the best way for you to see caster vs pinion angle vs clearances
Huh??? I've never done that in all my years. IvI' only ever done it this way.
How do I know where the ride height of axle without the spring in place and weight of Jeep on em?

I wanna keep this simple as possible too lol. Don't mind cutting the C's if that's the best route.

@marty79,
Remove the coil, set the axle at ride height in relation to the chassis and start over.

That's the best way for you to see caster vs pinion angle vs clearances
What he said - that IS the best way.

I'm doing fixed Y link too to keep pinion angle fixed while suspension travels
Y-link does not have a fixed pinion angle. The pinion angle rotates as the suspension cycles. A parallel 4 link will give you a fixed pinion angle.

The pinion will, however, be "fixed" with respect to the y-link bars.
Huh??? I've never done that in all my years. IvI' only ever done it this way.
How do I know where the ride height of axle without the spring in place and weight of Jeep on em?

Well, you sorta just said so...you said that the suspension will squat another 2-3" with the weight on the springs...so, measure the static height of the spring, subtract however much you anticipate the spring compressing, and that's your static ride height (relationship) between axle and frame.
I wanna keep this simple as possible too lol. Don't mind cutting the C's if that's the best route.

Cutting the c's off will be a biatch, let me tell you...but if you need to do it, be patient, and happy grinding!

Also, how's that pinion angle measure in relation to your transfer case yoke? Or are you planning to run a CV shaft?

Also, how's that pinion angle measure in relation to your transfer case yoke? Or are you planning to run a CV shaft?
Yeah I've got the CV yoke. I'm not concerned about driveshaft at all, I've always done really good with pinion angles and driveshafts!
I'm just a little concerned about that positive caster that's all

That's because you've never done it the correct way before.
We're here to change that.
Ahh man
So while spring is still on, should I carefully go up to where all the weight is on them then measure the whatever u said

Back