"Gonna do it right...maybe!!??" Fuller's new XJ build!!!

Sounds like you need an arc gouge.

Bout to tear into it now that we're home and I'm fresh

Well one less thing to worry about just bought $170 worth of calipers so now it will be just axle issue left to fix

Wow little grinder work and patience and holy cow..
IMG_20180408_141826638.jpg

To me, youre too far into this axle to get another. Carriers are cheap/free and 1 piece shafts arent expensive.

Or you could get a SD axle, if you're scrapping this one.

Wow little grinder work and patience and holy cow..View attachment 266090

So was the collar welded to the shaft after all, or just rusted in place?

So was the collar welded to the shaft after all, or just rusted in place?
No there were 2 welded together, just got everything I need so will be back to test run this week soon

Dang buddy. When I get frustrated with my jeep....I just look at the trouble you're having and it sets me at ease. I feel like I've been though most of your troubles before. It will get better with time and money.....mostly money.

I would definitely get one piece shafts and a new carrier....or stop messing with that axle and get a super duty 60. I've fought the urge to weld my front diff. I'm thinking a few weeks of overtime are easier to do than fighting a welded diff for years.

I would definitely get one piece shafts and a new carrier....or stop messing with that axle and get a super duty 60. I've fought the urge to weld my front diff. I'm thinking a few weeks of overtime are easier to do than fighting a welded diff for years.
I'm sure eventually as I start beefing up motor and tcase I will look for getting a one piece chromo.. still coming down this weekend

I believe there is a thread on pirate that talks about a 99-04 superduty long side and a 78-79 ford short side being close enough to the right length to trim-to-fit (within a 1/4").

That would get you a one piece shaft and 35 splines....
I'll look into it. But 35spline shaft would require carrier change right? That'll have to wait if so

I'll look into it. But 35spline shaft would require carrier change right? That'll have to wait if so

I have a set of 35 spline d60 spider gears I will sell you.

Save emfor me, count them sold. I'll get up with you on the. Thanks, guess I can collect all the parts little by little

Save emfor me, count them sold. I'll get up with you on the. Thanks, guess I can collect all the parts little by little

I don't do first dibs, I do first with cash..

Let me know when you need them and I'll let you know if I still have them.

Well it's out of garage but gotta make new track bar still and looks like brake booster went bad I guess
Pedal holds strong with engine off, when running it goes down almost all the way and spungy
IMG_20180411_182357965.jpg
IMG_20180411_182430798.jpg

Sounds like air in the lines
That's what I keep thinking but it didn't seem to keep getting air..and weird part is engine doesn't change rpm or no hissing sounds so seems odd for booster to just go and be faulty all of sudden..
Any advise. Master sat empty for last 3months

1986 Ford E350 master cylinder will fix the pedal feel.
Been there, done that on 3 different XJ/MJ with same brake setups.
so your saying it is the booster? or master? or is that just an "upgrade" your giving. I just want it to work for now, no money for upgrades at this point.
I've got to build a beefy trackbar. Then I've got to do the Hydro Assist. This is about all I can handle right now to finish it lol.

Back