Hurricane Helene

I think this is the worst part of it. Id say 80% of the people affected dont have flood insurance.

No, no, no.

NO insurance. If you're living in your family home on social security, you aren't paying for homeowner's.

Just walked into my office to see this, plus cash and 2 pre paid pallets of water at BJs ill pick up tonight

20241003_150559.jpg

Well that's odd. KHKY (hickory) has the same NOTAM. Both expire on 10/11

Looking at the airspace on ADS exchange, the amount of helicopter and GA traffic is pretty crazy in the area.

Last edited:
I am super proud to say my company is donating $75,000 between Samaritan’s Purse, Appalachian State Disaster Relief Recovery Fund and others.
our employees are stepping up big time, new total is $135,000 the growth from 75 to 135 is all employee donations

Sounds like fema has spent most of their money on illegals based on a news article and a Mayorkas interview. Hopefully there’s not relief issues due to that. I despise the feds. Anything they touch turns to shit, and now rescue and relief will too based on the above post.

Edit: A second article came out from fema contradicting Mayorkas. Fema said they have plenty of funds on hand for relief.

Last edited:
Saw this on Facebook. I'd believe it.

Okay, as much as I appreciate all of the help and coverage for the Appalachias, I can’t stay quiet on this for any longer. I know this is going to bring smoke but I don’t really care.
SEND THE HELP TO THE SMALL TOWNS.
ASHEVILLE, BOONE, BANNER ELK, LINVILLE, JOHNSON CITY AND ELIZABETHTON HAVE BEEN RECEIVING 80% OF THE ASSISTANCE AND NEWS COVERAGE!
WE NEED PEOPLE ON THE GROUND IN
NEWLAND (nc)
CRANBERRY (nc)
SPEAR (nc)
FRANK (nc)
ELK RIVER (nc)
ELK PARK (nc)
ROAN MOUNTAIN (tn)
BUCK MOUNTAIN (nc/tn)
SHELL CREEK (tn)
DARK HOLLER (tn)
BLEVINS CREEK (nc)
ROARING CREEK (nc)
BULADEAN (nc)
WHITAKER BRANCH (nc)
THE COVE (tn)
JONAS RIDGE (nc)
BURNSVILLE (nc)
SPRUCE PINE (nc)
CRABTREE (tn)
MOUNTAIN CITY (nc/tn)
HAMPTON (tn)
VALLEY FORGE (tn)
BLACK MOUNTAIN (nc)
3 MILE (nc)
LINVILLE (nc)
CROSSNORE (nc)
OLD FORT (nc
ALTAMONT (nc)
DEMASCUS (va)
UNICOI (tn)
ERWIN (tn)
I CAN LITERALLY NAME PLACES FOR THE NEXT 45 DAYS AND STILL NOT COVER THEM ALL
AND SO MANY MORE!!!!
PLEASE. To all my friends who want to help, the best use of your funds and attention is going to be the places that have been brushed over in the past few days. Watching all of the news outlets and the places who are receiving government help and aid are NOT the places that have the MOST DESTRUCTION. If you want to know what places you can help the most PLEASE REACH OUT. The people who need the help are the people living paycheck to paycheck, NOT the vacation homers and tourists who make a novelty out of my home.
Do what needs to be done for the people who need it. End of rant.
My nephew is a fire chief in Central, SC. There’s a crew headed that way and I sent him this list. He said their goal is to target the small towns as much as they can get to. They’re bringing a bunch of SXS and ATV’s to try and get where some can’t.

To anyone who is up there or going up there: if you see or experience something that hits you in the feels a certain kinda way then please do not hesitate or be afraid to reach out and talk to someone! It is not big and tough to push that down and not deal with it. I know several first responders up there and they're saying it is some of the worst things they have ever seen. If you need someone to talk to I am always available, and my wife is very active in the CISD and Peer Support community so we can get you in touch with someone if you need or want to.

Duane
I gotta admit...Ive never been a first responder, EMT, fireman, or armed service member. I cant compare to what those folks have seen.
What I saw his weekend...well it wont ever leave my mind.

It just re-enforces the power of mother nature.

Sounds like fema has spent most of their money on illegals based on a news article and a Mayorkas interview. Hopefully there’s not relief issues due to that. I despise the feds. Anything they touch turns to shit, and now rescue and relief will too based on the above post.
FEMA for all their ills...is absolutely stepping up right now.
There is a bunch of portable power headed to the hills right now on FEMAs dime....and I am sure a lot of other stuff I just see power.
#abunch

The company i work for has donated $100,000 and has partnered with two local radio stations to organize drop off sites for donations in Greensboro and Winston Salem. They will use company trucks to haul everything West.

I’ve got to give a big thank you to @Noel for everything he is doing. I cannot thank him or the many people he has linked up with for the aid.

I’ve been ground zero knee deep in this in Black Mountain and @Noel has been a godsend.

I’ve been personally fine but words cannot describe how bad others have it. Lots of people don’t have to worry about it because they are dead. I’ve hugged kids that have been though hell and lost their parents. I’ve hugged parents that have lost their kids. The stated death toll is an absolute joke. They are fishing bodies out of the waterways with cranes. There are no less than 30 reefer trucks staged in town and I don’t think it’s got food in it.

Send @Noel some coin if you can, he’s doing the Lords work. Thank you brother.

Need help with contacts in watauga county. Helping with planning getting 2 tractor trailers worth of shelf stable food and milk to the area with one of the non profits i work with.

Any info will help. Pm if necessary.
Send me your contact info via text. I can link you up with someone

Sending pm with my number, gotta leave data service and secure my property.

I know this is not ultra important but and ideas and internet returning? My wife is a remote worker and if we don't get power and better service by this weekend she has to head up to NJ to work.
My brother in law sent this to us last night. Worth checking out. We have Starlink already and my wife filled it out and we already got approved for the free month credit.

Not sure what the turn around time would be for getting the equipment from them. I haven’t had power for a week, but I’ve got reliable internet as long as the generator is running.

Waiting to see if my work will allow me to use it since satellite internet isn’t currently approved for remote work. :rolleyes: They like to suggest alternate worksites for power/internet outages….my closest relative with good internet is 4 1/2 hours away lol.

Back