Hurricane Helene

FB_IMG_1727461551278.jpg

Screenshot_20240927-161424_Facebook.jpg

Rockingham County has been busy. I don't know of any serious flooding but many trees down, A couple of structural collapses and multiple structure fires.

I was out a couple times last night and was really busy with calls from 0800 until about 1300.

Wow I feel very fortunate. Power out but gennie is running. No real damage but some trees down around the area. Y’all west of here, I am praying for ya. If you need a place to sleep and can get here, you got a bed.

Wife's cousin in Boone had a landslide take out a cabin on their property. Worst rain and flooding they have ever seen. I'll probably be heading up there this weekend with equipment in tow to help dig them out.

We got lucky. We had a family campout in the basement. Power went out around 6 AM and came back just before 6 PM. At first light we looked out and had a pine that thankfully hung before crushing my car trailer.
20240927_081404.jpg

After the winds calmed down around noon, I got the trailer out of the way and looked around some more. Lots more broken, uprooted, and hanging trees around.

Leesville got hammered. Power was out everywhere, roofs torn off, lines down, rail line blocked.

Received a text from Jody.
“We are okay but it was a catastrophic flood. There's landslides, main roads are washed away and a lot of bridges are gone too. We are okay at our house since we are up so high. We had six trees down in our yard and another six or so on our road. We're doing okay. We're just going to be without power for a while. Let the guys know that we're okay since we have no internet whatsoever.”

I am so glad I took 81 to Virginia on way home from Tennessee today

Winds were crazy and fancy gap was down to 20mph. But we made it home
Had you not, you might still be sitting there

Wow I feel very fortunate. Power out but gennie is running. No real damage but some trees down around the area. Y’all west of here, I am praying for ya. If you need a place to sleep and can get here, you got a bed.
Same here. I was bitchin’ that the internet was down at the house. Then my wife was showing me pictures from western nc and I shut my mouth pretty quick. Praying for yall for sure!

My sister has a tree on her house and the bottom at the pond was pretty flooded but it usually does in heavy rain.
IMG_4185.jpeg
IMG_3076.jpeg
IMG_3072.jpeg

That’s an old log skidder for reference

Tons of trees down around here. Spent the whole day sawing trees out of the road and checking on neighbors
I’ve never seen this many trees/power lines dowed before

Back