Job Hook Ups

- I still need AT LEAST 50 heads between 1st and 2nd shift warehousing, production, batching and incoming quality.
- I just bumped our entry wage to $15/hr (more depending on department and experience)
- We've been growing 30% YoY and have already booked 40% more revenue for 2022 than where we'll end up for 2021, with capacity still open in the back half of 2022.
- I'm looking at a 100,000sq/ft expansion over the next 18 months
- We've re-invested 15% of Operating Income to CapEx this year, and will re-invest even heavier next year
- I'm developing a profit sharing plan as we speak, to be launched over the next 12-18 months as well
- I'm revamping our training program for a clearer picture of pay increase targets and succession planning
- I just revised and improved our health benefits with United Health Care. Medical coverage for employees is still covered 90% by the business and we also cover 50% of the dependent premiums
- A tough week, regardless of role, is 45hrs...but I do offer unlimited voluntary OT if you want it

So if you know anyone looking for an extremely stable work environment, with cross training opportunities and room to grow, have them submit an application below. In the very near future, I'll be looking to backfill my CFO role (fractional will be considered) and I'll also be hiring a Procurement Manager. For those roles, feel free to PM me directly, and I'll have my admin reach out.

Last edited:
Long shot here…

I’m am starting to browse the job market for something interesting that may pay more. My manager just got picked up by one of my vendors and is leaving in December.

I would ultimately love to be a manufacturers rep. I have been in sales for over 10 years, great at networking, can learn about anything fast but I’m well versed in commercial construction.

Willing to travel but only 25-30%

It would have to be a very good salary with a vehicle or car allowance for me to make the switch.

Last edited:
Long shot here…

I’m am starting to browse the job market for something interesting that may pay more. My manager just got picked up by one of my vendors and is leaving in December.

I would ultimately love to be a manufacturers rep. I have been in sales for over 10 years, great at networking, can learn about anything fast but I’m well versed in commercial construction.

It would have to be a very good salary with a vehicle or car allowance for me to make the switch.
As long as you don't drive the company car like you wheel, lol!

Long shot here…

How close are you to Ramseur, NC?

My company is looking for sheetmetal workers and pipe fitters/welders for jobs at cherry point and camp lejeune. Looking for all skill levels for both trades from green helper to foremen and in between.

Call or text me, Chris at 336-215-7283 or email clankford@supmech.com.

Pay is negotiable and is competitive. Per diem included for travel. Working 5-6 days a week now. Jobs on the books down there for at least two years currently. Must be able to pass a background check to access the military base (I.e. no felonies).

This looks like a badass job.
That said, the pay left me wondering if there was a typo.
Maybe my millennial ass is out of touch with the world...
I think anyone under 35 is shocked there's salary/pay UNDER $100k with full benefits these days... As that's what's EXPECTED now for showing up to work

I think anyone under 35 is shocked there's salary/pay UNDER $100k with full benefits these days... As that's what's EXPECTED now for showing up to work
Ladies and Gentlemen, no more callers please. we have the winner of "Top answers to why you can't find a job Candidate?"

I have literally weeded out 95% of my candidates due to this. Some were over qualified, but most weren't even qualified and still looking for 2x the offerings.

I wish I was making $100k, but I'm a ways out. Still show up to work and kick ass every day.

Ladies and Gentlemen, no more callers please. we have the winner of "Top answers to why you can't find a job Candidate?"

I have literally weeded out 95% of my candidates due to this. Some were over qualified, but most weren't even qualified and still looking for 2x the offerings.

My company raised their pay this monday. Base hourly rate for an assembly operator is $18/hr. Goes to $20/hr after 12months on the job.
You're asking for someone who has a legit skill set. That's why I was surprised by $17-19/hr pay rate on this offering. I knew I was opening a pandora box. Shouldn't have.

Let's get back to the regularly programmed schedule, forgive my interruption.

Last edited:
I wish I was making $100k, but I'm a ways out. Still show up to work and kick ass every day.

My company raised their pay this monday. Base hourly rate for an assembly operator is $18/hr. Goes to $20/hr after 12months on the job.
You're asking for someone who has a legit skill set. That's why I was surprised by $17-19/hr pay rate on this offering. I knew I was opening a pandora box. Shouldn't have.

I’m with you, for the education and skill set required it seems off.

I’m 100% in the category that Troy mentioned though but I’ll just be honest and own it. With 10+ years of experience in sales and some incredible networking and planning skills it is a minimum of 6 figures plus a company car for me to make the move in looking for.

But to his point, I agree. We have people show up that have no skill set, no education and barley a solid year of working at the same place and have bounced around to 10-15 jobs at 20 years old and expect $20/hr.

The department I work in is looking for a Model Maker if anyone here is interested. Its basically a machinist for the R&D department focusing on rapid prototyping. It's a small group in the machine shop, and is a lot more relaxed than production manufacturing. Located in Apex, NC

Model Maker

We just went through a pay rate assessment and while I was happy for all of my hourly people to get a raise, it also concerns me as we have a facility in Malaysia that is far cheaper.

Surprised me also considering retail here starts at 15/hr and you don’t need to know how to do anything.

Sure a lot of people feel entitled, but it’s a candidates market right now and inflation isn’t helping.

- I still need AT LEAST 50 heads between 1st and 2nd shift warehousing, production, batching and incoming quality.
- I just bumped our entry wage to $15/hr (more depending on department and experience)
- We've been growing 30% YoY and have already booked 40% more revenue for 2022 than where we'll end up for 2021, with capacity still open in the back half of 2022.
- I'm looking at a 100,000sq/ft expansion over the next 18 months
- We've re-invested 15% of Operating Income to CapEx this year, and will re-invest even heavier next year
- I'm developing a profit sharing plan as we speak, to be launched over the next 12-18 months as well
- I'm revamping our training program for a clearer picture of pay increase targets and succession planning
- I just revised and improved our health benefits with United Health Care. Medical coverage for employees is still covered 90% by the business and we also cover 50% of the dependent premiums
- A tough week, regardless of role, is 45hrs...but I do offer unlimited voluntary OT if you want it

So if you know anyone looking for an extremely stable work environment, with cross training opportunities and room to grow, have them submit an application below. In the very near future, I'll be looking to backfill my CFO role (fractional will be considered) and I'll also be hiring a Procurement Manager. For those roles, feel free to PM me directly, and I'll have my admin reach out.

Gained some recruiting traction over the last 6-7 weeks. Still need:

- 10-15 heads on 1st shift production
- 10 heads 2nd shift production
- 5 heads 1st warehouse
- 2 heads batching/compounding on 1st shift
- 1 head batching/compounding on 2nd shift (will be part of a 2nd shift trio, batching some nights, sanitizing batching tanks/pumps/hoses other nights)

- Batching supervisor/manager…pay up to $70k, for more info, please message

- Purchase/Supply Chain manager…pay up to $70k, for more info, please message. I need this person to be the CEO of their department, and be able to build a solid foundation to get me from mom and pop sourcing to micro-cap business sourcing.

I get it, I’m a small business, so I can’t afford top talent. But the Literal conversation I was just having with one of my recruiters. ‘Stud’ and ‘4 years experience’ and ‘$90k’…just don’t compute with me…

8FEBE211-F926-4A4F-B97F-3DF32BFFBB68.png

That said, my little sister, with no experience, outside of interning for me, just landed the exact same type of job I did as my first job, and she’s making $20k more than I did 12 years ago. My youngest brother’s first job out of college (2.5 years ago) is similar to the role I had as my first job, at the same company no less, and they started him at double the pay they paid me…within 6 months, they did a ‘market normalization’ and gave him a $10k pay bump.

I get it, I’m a small business, so I can’t afford top talent. But the Literal conversation I was just having with one of my recruiters. ‘Stud’ and ‘4 years experience’ and ‘$90k’…just don’t compute with me…

View attachment 362623

That said, my little sister, with no experience, outside of interning for me, just landed the exact same type of job I did as my first job, and she’s making $20k more than I did 12 years ago. My youngest brother’s first job out of college (2.5 years ago) is similar to the role I had as my first job, at the same company no less, and they started him at double the pay they paid me…within 6 months, they did a ‘market normalization’ and gave him a $10k pay bump.
Let me normalize it a bit.
I remember buying a new truck for the first time in 2003 when I got a raise to 50k plus bonus. That 03 super duty lariat 6.0 (shudder) cost me 36k…that same truck is is 90k plus today ….just about perfectly 2.5x….that 50k job doesn’t pay 125k today…

I remember buying a new truck for the first time in 2003 when I got a raise to 50k plus bonus. That 03 super duty lariat 6.0 (shudder) cost me 36k…that same truck is is 90k plus today ….just about perfectly 2.5x….that 50k job doesn’t pay 125k today…
But it should if the evil corporations weren't profiting off the backs of liberal arts majors ;)

Yeah…I hear that. I never really like the vehicle normalization though. Is that an apples to apples comparison, because there’s an argument to be made that the 2003 lariat is similarly equipped to the new XLT (maybe even an optioned XL) and the new XLT probably still has more power and better drivability than the 03 Lariat. Pre-shortages, that 250 4x4 crew cab XLT could be had for $50k. But the mindset is that folks still need that lariat. Your point is still valid though, people have to have something to drive, and not all jobs/industries increased pay 40% from 2003 to 2021. Similarly though, I still have the window sticker for my 96, $27k with every option but the 7.3 and leather…for a similar truck in 2003, MSRP would have been somewhere around $31k. 14% increase over that time, pretty close to a CoL increase annually, but I still doubt all jobs saw that either.

I hear ya, but what justifies the $90k truck to justify paying to afford it.

Or maybe I’m asking the wrong question. Maybe the question should be: what’s wrong with the $26k 4 y/o GMC that I bought as the “boss” of my facility?

Point being, shits so fucking expensive if people stop buying the $90k truck maybe we could bring prices back in line.

I hear ya, but what justifies the $90k truck to justify paying to afford it.

Or maybe I’m asking the wrong question. Maybe the question should be: what’s wrong with the $26k 4 y/o GMC that I bought as the “boss” of my facility?

Point being, shits so fucking expensive if people stop buying the $90k truck maybe we could bring prices back in line.
I hear ya, and I 100% agree. But Id ask where in the hell you found a 2017 for $26k??

Sounds like a deal

Back