Lots of interesting news today

Suddenly it feels like our 2nd amendment rights need to include artillery.

While I'm sure its a more fiscally responsible use of military resources than simply scrapping or leaving behind these MRAPs on foreign soil. I do not want to imagine a future where any metropolitan police department on US soil would actually need one.

Why doesn't the military keep them if they are in serviceable condition? Surely we'll get involved in another war soon. :dumbass:
Get that logical BS outta here! We are talking about the Biden-Harris administration. There's no need for a US Sitizen or any other country to need such things.

Why doesn't the military keep them if they are in serviceable condition?
and this is the magic question.
the answer is - because somebody did the math, and they now cost more to keep up than to replace.
So... they give them away "free" to pass the buck on to some other sucker that can't do math :rockon: . Robbing peter to pay paul. Shift the cost from Fed dollars pooled across all Americans to some other guy's local taxes.

and this is the magic question.
the answer is - because somebody did the math, and they now cost more to keep up than to replace.
So... they give them away "free" to pass the buck on to some other sucker that can't do math :rockon: . Robbing peter to pay paul. Shift the cost from Fed dollars pooled across all Americans to some other guy's local taxes.
The local govts will just apply for a bunch of grants and the fed will give them the money. Meanwhile the local gov will tell their constituents that whatever they got was free because it was paid for by a grant. It's a viscous cycle

I'll steal Dave's thunder and then give him credit

Video here
Cecil county is quite literally the armpit of Maryland (Seriously look at a map, the bay makes an arm...).
This doesn't help the reputation

Video here

I'll steal Dave's thunder and then give him credit

Video here
Grr what did I do

Even liberal WRAL is slowly starting to recognize the problem. I bet one of their execs couldn't get their avocado toast last week at their favorite breakfast cafe and realized that enough was enough and that certain lines had been crossed. They still had to throw in a halfhearted shot about NC min wage still being 7.25, but honestly, does anyone still only pay 7.25/hr??

Back