Lots of interesting news today

i mean i think they may have been charged with the same thing here. they hid the evidence, didnt call the police, and ran. all of that would put questions in my mind.
Get that commie bullshit outta here!

i mean i think they may have been charged with the same thing here. they hid the evidence, didnt call the police, and ran. all of that would put questions in my mind.
(and note that I did conveniently leave all that out in my summary ;))
It has been my observation that if you are targeted by a methhead/gang/pack of roving skanks/etc, that you are usually one of them and have plenty of your own related baggage.

This just dosn't seem like the most effective method, nor exactly the best use of taxpayers' money.
I get what he's tryin gto do, but people will come out of the woodwork for even $1,000.
Wht not do a drawing every day for 6 weeks for $1k, have the same effect, and put that money to something... useful

EDIT - just realized the state will get a much better tax boon from bigger ticket winnings....)

This just dosn't seem like the most effective method, nor exactly the best use of taxpayers' money.
I get what he's tryin gto do, but people will come out of the woodwork for even $1,000.
Wht not do a drawing every day for 6 weeks for $1k, have the same effect, and put that money to something... useful

EDIT - just realized the state will get a much better tax boon from bigger ticket winnings....)
you must have linked the wrong article

Let's try again

My first thought was "how is this a role of state government", but after reading the article, my thought was "how is this a role of state or federal government?"
:confused:

My first thought was "how is this a role of state government", but after reading the article, my thought was "how is this a role of state or federal government?"

Like many, many, many other expenditures of our fine leadership, it isn't. But they are going to waste the money on something anyway, so at least they're wasting it on something cool.

Duane

Yeh buddy, let's put money into a place for a sport that is dieing quickly

If a business is unable to draw revenue enough to continue then it is in no way the responsibility of taxpayer money to keep it afloat.

Since it’s a freeforall anyhoo, faster please....I aint getting any younger.

I agree. But...

Like many, many, many other expenditures of our fine leadership, it isn't. But they are going to waste the money on something anyway, so at least they're wasting it on something cool.

Duane

This is my thought. They're going to waste money. May as well do something useful with it.

The government is going to pay you to get a job!
No details on how long you have to keep that job to get the $1500......I suspect a rash of new hires will be quitting shortly after the check clears

The government is going to pay you to get a job!
No details on how long you have to keep that job to get the $1500......I suspect a rash of new hires will be quitting shortly after the check clears
Where's the "keep a job" bonus? This is like the bullshit bailouts that rewarded people for buying overpriced houses they couldn't afford, paid for on the backs of people who did the right thing.

So MAry-Land is now doing a vax lottery too

At least its structured a lot more reasonably. And, instead of using tax money it's paid for out of the MD Lottery advertisement fund, which is funded by the lottery participants (e.g. dumb, poor people). But hey... not me!

@shawn still looking for the rolleyes response option...

Back