Lots of interesting news today

There's no way he nose why the drone was there. I think he did the right thing. Charges won't stand.
There is a law about how low a drone has to be to be considered “spying” I believe. Not saying I wouldn’t do the same however.

There's no way he nose why the drone was there. I think he did the right thing. Charges won't stand.
There is a law about how low a drone has to be to be considered “spying” I believe. Not saying I wouldn’t do the same however.
that article kind of sounds like the drone may not have been over his property... shots originated 2 blocks away.
Now who knows how big the first land is or where it actually was, But if it wasn't his land, he has no case.

Reads like they are not getting their dogs back.

Last edited:
that article kind of sounds like the drone may not have been over his property... shots originated 2 blocks away.
Now who knows how big the first land is or where it actually was, But if it wasn't his land, he has no case.
Nobody wants to talk about the fact he shit it down with 2 shots from a .22? That couldn't have been that easy unless it was a large drone. Still a moving target. Also a .22 shooting in the air in a residential area probably isn't the best idea. 3rd issue I have with the whole story is how loud is .22LR from 2 city blocks away?

3rd issue I have with the whole story is how loud is .22LR from 2 city blocks away?
With a freedom pipe extension? I can snap my fingers louder :huggy:

Nobody wants to talk about the fact he shit it down with 2 shots from a .22? That couldn't have been that easy unless it was a large drone.
FIFY. Damn impressive, regardless of drone size or caliber.

The whole drone flying over private property is pretty questionable anyways. Even with not owning the airspace where does flying a drone over someone's property become a violation of privacy. Also it doesnt sound like the police had a warrant to search property?? so would their use of the drone even be legal?

The whole drone flying over private property is pretty questionable anyways. Even with not owning the airspace where does flying a drone over someone's property become a violation of privacy. Also it doesnt sound like the police had a warrant to search property?? so would their use of the drone even be legal?
this is why there is a height limit. The courts have ruled that anything outside that can be "seen" is admissible evidence, and as long as the drone is above a certain height it is not your airspace to control.
If you want privacy... better get a big ass tent.
Its not different from what we have no already w/ Google Maps etc. Just updated quicker.

And just to be clear - its absolutely shady, and shitty, but from a legal standpoint, not questionable (unfortunately)

this is why there is a height limit. The courts have ruled that anything outside that can be "seen" is admissible evidence, and as long as the drone is above a certain height it is not your airspace to control.
Its not different from what we have no already w/ Google Maps etc. Just updated quicker.
Can’t really tell what that 1’x1’ object is off of google maps.

id fight the shit outta that, if im on my private property and lets say there is a 10' privacy fence and there is no way to see in my back yard you should provide me a warrant to see my back yard. if you see something illegal in my back yard with a drone that there is no way to see any other way without a warrant, and then use that to illegally seach the property. i think that is screwed up.

id fight the shit outta that, if im on my private property and lets say there is a 10' privacy fence and there is no way to see in my back yard you should provide me a warrant to see my back yard. if you see something illegal in my back yard with a drone that there is no way to see any other way without a warrant, and then use that to illegally seach the property. i think that is screwed up.
Ewe gechur sivul liburdys dahell outta heer!

One day there won't be anything left of the Old North State, just a bunch of cookie cutter subdivisions, silt filled creeks, terrible traffic and assholes who don't care about our history, just gettin the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:

One day there won't be anything left of the Old North State, just a bunch of cookie cutter subdivisions, silt filled creeks, terrible traffic and assholes who don't care about history, just gettin the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I live in Mebane and there are a whole lot of people upset over this. The city said they tried to move it but it was impossible. Let’s see, what‘s more valuable to the city? The effort to move this rock or the tax revenue that’ll come in from these houses they’re going to build on what was once a beautiful piece of land. There’s an article in the local paper on this. I need to read it but I have a feeling it’ll be heavily slanted towards the city and the builder. Mebane - approve the development now (commercial or residential) and we’ll worry about the infrastructure later. :mad:

I live in Mebane and there are a whole lot of people upset over this. The city said they tried to move it but it was impossible. Let’s see, what‘s more valuable to the city? The effort to move this rock or the tax revenue that’ll come in from these houses they’re going to build on what was once a beautiful piece of land. There’s an article in the local paper on this. I need to read it but I have a feeling it’ll be heavily slanted towards the city and the builder. Mebane - approve the development now (commercial or residential) and we’ll worry about the infrastructure later. :mad:

Its a not a big rock, I would think they would have plenty of room to keep it there, but ìt if stays there some dipshits will probably carve it up and erase the past.

Last edited:
Back