Lots of interesting news today

Why would they think Russia wouldn't cut off their gas? Do they not think western sanctions are a sort of blackmail too?

Why would they think Russia wouldn't cut off their gas? Do they not think western sanctions are a sort of blackmail too?

Is the ruble worthless? If so, why not pay using it.. you'd get quite a deal, right?

Also - I mean, if you aren't paying for the gas, you shouldn't be supplied. That seems pretty fair.

Last edited:
I really want to know if the gold course was built before or after they bought the home.
I understand what you mean. But there is a lot more to it than that. Notice how they redesigned the course and it mitigated the issue. I actually know someone who had this issue. They redesigned the course and now she's getting pelted with golf balls.

I do think that if a golf course sells a piece of property, they have a responsibility to prevent undo 'spillage' of things like golf balls and golf carts driven by asshole golfers off the property they sold to the homeowner. This can mean fences along the out of bounds areas and nets at the end of some fairways and 'L' areas that are often in the line of fire from wayward balls.

Here is a comparison: I can't sell off a piece of my land, have a shooting range pointed towards the land I sold off and say I'm not responsible for the bullets that leave my property. The bottom line is you are responsible for shit that comes from your property and damages your neighbor.

Last edited:
Even CNN admits it

I do have to lol at "unexpectedly shrank". I mean who couldn't see this coming

He'll most likely be the first democrat I ever vote for and feel good about it. I've been looking over his platform and there's a lot of things he says that I agree on.

Duane

He'll most likely be the first democrat I ever vote for and feel good about it. I've been looking over his platform and there's a lot of things he says that I agree on.

Duane
I wish I could vote for him in the primary but I'm still registered Republican. Ive been meaning to switch to independent but haven't gotten around to it.

Damnit I have loved seeing the big boys stumble this week.

I wish I could vote for him in the primary but I'm still registered Republican. Ive been meaning to switch to independent but haven't gotten around to it.
In NC do you get to vote in primaries if your independent? in MD you cannot.

I bet she won't like the prison sandwiches either.
"The sheer fact that an adult finds it ok to physically assault someone because a sandwich menu, or a sandwich order being wrong, is abhorrent," said Capt. Patrick O'Toole, of the High Point Police Department. "The fact that you were willing to assault someone, not only physically but with an edged weapon over a sandwich being wrong, I can’t explain how you come to that conclusion."

this happened twice this week in derm.
He also says there are not enough police officers in Durham. As of April, the Durham Police Department has had over 100 officer vacancies. In a town of almost 300,000 people, Mitchell says the need for officers is urgent.

"That day in Durham there were three patrol officers," he says. "All over Durham, just three on duty."

WTF?

He also says there are not enough police officers in Durham. As of April, the Durham Police Department has had over 100 officer vacancies. In a town of almost 300,000 people, Mitchell says the need for officers is urgent.

"That day in Durham there were three patrol officers," he says. "All over Durham, just three on duty."

WTF?
Defund da police

WTF?
yeah, and in those conditions who da fuq would want to join up

yeah, and in those conditions who da fuq would want to join up
That's the million dollar question..

The number of trained and available police officers is an issue. But it is the symptom, not the problem.

If you are unwilling to allow the police to analyze crime statistics and use clear indicators to develop effective policing methods, you will be unable to train and deploy your personnel to prevent and respond to increased criminal activity.

If the community consistently hides behind 'culture' instead of recognizing and correcting behavior that leads to criminal activity, they will continue to breed future criminals. They then blame police for enforcing laws on the criminal element they created.

This all leads to a situation where very few capable individual will want to commit to serving on a force and putting their lives on the line. It also results in a community that can't understand why they have generational poverty and a lack of investment and exodus from their local areas.

If you are unwilling to allow the police to analyze crime statistics and use clear indicators to develop effective policing methods
"That's profiling"

If the community consistently hides behind 'culture' instead of recognizing and correcting behavior that leads to criminal activity, they will continue to breed future criminals.
"That's racist"

And those are why we're screwed

Or, refer to my Random Thought from the other day and figure the damn situation out: SAFETY Vs. FREEDOM. There literally cannot be police everywhere all the time so if people are armed to defend against societies looney tunes then maybe the statistics would change. But nah. We will just continue to blame others and pass the buck.

Back