Lots of interesting news today

So, it appears that North Carolina is going to see a whole bunch of external money to try to change our laws to be like NY and Kalifornia.

POLITICO: 'We don’t have to pretend anymore': Greens ready to bail on D.C..

thats-just-nasty-will-smith.gif

A buddy of mine is the head dog at one of the local water dept's.He only has the BOD to answer to.3-4 years ago they were goin to buy four new trucks,basic white,2wd,gas,plain jane work trucks.They wanted Chevys but had to get a quote from Ford also to keep everybody happy.Ford cut GM's price my about 4K per truck so they wound up w Ford's.Yeah Ford trucks probably outsell Chevy trucks but I cant help but think its because(in part) that Ford will cut their prices on fleet trucks more than Chevy.That was back when T was pres,before Covid,and things were booming.Id imagine they are even more willing to cut prices on fleet vehicles today.

A buddy of mine is the head dog at one of the local water dept's.He only has the BOD to answer to.3-4 years ago they were goin to buy four new trucks,basic white,2wd,gas,plain jane work trucks.They wanted Chevys but had to get a quote from Ford also to keep everybody happy.Ford cut GM's price my about 4K per truck so they wound up w Ford's.Yeah Ford trucks probably outsell Chevy trucks but I cant help but think its because(in part) that Ford will cut their prices on fleet trucks more than Chevy.That was back when T was pres,before Covid,and things were booming.Id imagine they are even more willing to cut prices on fleet vehicles today.

These also don't take in to account the Chevy/GMC split. GMC takes away some market share that would have obviously been Chevy if GMC wasn't an option. That always bugged me back in the early 2000s with Camaro/Mustang market share. Firebird were never considered.

These also don't take in to account the Chevy/GMC split. GMC takes away some market share that would have obviously been Chevy if GMC wasn't an option. That always bugged me back in the early 2000s with Camaro/Mustang market share. Firebird were never considered.
This. If they combined Chevy and GMC it would probably look different

What is going on?!

The woman accuses someone of whistling at her, her husband kills the whistler, and now they want the 90 year old woman? For what? Its not against the law to accuse someone of something.
Do these people not work?
Its amazing how dumb-arses attract and feed on each other.

What is going on?!

The woman accuses someone of whistling at her, her husband kills the whistler, and now they want the 90 year old woman? For what? Its not against the law to accuse someone of something.
The arrest warrant was for kidnapping. It listed her and the two men.

So let's say this lynch mob of protesters find her, she feels threatened for her life, pulls out her legally owned AR style tax stamped suppressed 300 blackout assault pistol and kills all of them as they try to attack her, is it a hate crime, a mass shooting, or self defense? And maybe trespassing (because the senior facility has no guns stickers)?

So let's say this lynch mob of protesters find her, she feels threatened for her life, pulls out her legally owned AR style tax stamped suppressed 300 blackout assault pistol and kills all of them as they try to attack her, is it a hate crime, a mass shooting, or self defense? And maybe trespassing (because the senior facility has no guns stickers)?
The irony is that a lynch mob is chasing all over the South trying to get kangaroo justice on someone due to a lynch mob that went after kangaroo justice back in 1955.

The article states that the people are demanding she pay for a crime that we have no idea if she participated in or not. She certainly wasn't charged or put on trial for it. She may have been a deeply bigoted person and may still be one. But currently she only reported something (being whistled at). I don't know if that poor boy whistled at her or not. Whatever the case, whistling is not a crime or reason to murder.

What her relatives did with that information was an atrocity. But the way they are going after an 80-90 year old is the exact behavior they are trying to end in our society.

The irony is that a lynch mob is chasing all over the South trying to get kangaroo justice on someone due to a lynch mob that went after kangaroo justice back in 1955.

The article states that the people are demanding she pay for a crime that we have no idea if she participated in or not. She certainly wasn't charged or put on trial for it. She may have been a deeply bigoted person and may still be one. But currently she only reported something (being whistled at). I don't know if that poor boy whistled at her or not. Whatever the case, whistling is not a crime or reason to murder.

What her relatives did with that information was an atrocity. But the way they are going after an 80-90 year old is the exact behavior they are trying to end in our society.
It's one of those cases where I want to look these people in the eye and say, Seriously, what do you think MLK would tell you to do here? Dude must be rolling over in his grave.

Obviously there's details missing, and we don't know if its missing from the reporting or jus missing altogether. The old warrant that was found listed her and the two gentlemen, all together, as accomplices to kidnapping - that what they were supposed to be picked up for, but never were. Obviously though the two men were, because they were tried. So does that mean this warrant was never served, and they were brought in on a different warrant? Why would that be? 65 years ago, did somebody realize she wasn't a real accomplice so they "tossed" this one and made a new one? Just curious.

What is going on?!

about a week late :smokin:

Yep,they work at finding shit like this.They're still looking for (and finding w some regularity) for concentration camp guards from WWII.

You fellas with 3D printers, get to work…

I made something like that to match my vent windows in the 4runner. No tube, just a triangular funnel.

Back