Lots of interesting news today

Nah, it's Johnston county, they will make it a 4 way stop next week. Literally every intersection that has had more than 1 fatal accident in the past 5 yrs has been 4 way'd lately.
One round about and you’re all bitchy, add a stop sign every 1.25 miles and now you’re triggered…. :laughing::flipoff2:

gonna be 2 more round about heading west in the next couple years….

I gotta say, the 4way at Thanksgiving has made it a bit less sketch to cross 42, folks fly way over 55 on that road.

One round about and you’re all bitchy, add a stop sign every 1.25 miles and now you’re triggered…. :laughing::flipoff2:

I gotta say, the 4way at Thanksgiving has made it a bit less sketch to cross 42, folks fly way over 55 on that road.

#facts

Duane

Yeah tgfd and 42 needed some help a long time ago. Little divine and 39 is downright stupid though. I like the roundabout at 42 and 39, even though the 4 way they put in beforehand fixed the problem. I ask a dot engineer why didn't they just leave it a 4 way instead of spending 5 million on the roundabout and he told me that they'd already gotten federal funding for it so they had to spend it or "lose" it. Fukking bureaucrats

Yeah tgfd and 42 needed some help a long time ago. Little divine and 39 is downright stupid though. I like the roundabout at 42 and 39, even though the 4 way they put in beforehand fixed the problem. I ask a dot engineer why didn't they just leave it a 4 way instead of spending 5 million on the roundabout and he told me that they'd already gotten federal funding for it so they had to spend it or "lose" it. Fukking bureaucrats
Apparently the money has already been approved for Thxgv. And is in the 5yr plan, hear similar for 96/42

My only complaint w the roundabout is that it makes leaving work a pita. It meters the traffic just right so that there is never a "good" gap to pull out into. I have just quit trying to be nice and mutter "fukk that dude" whilst pulling out in front of some poor bastard. I don't have all night to wait.

My only complaint w the roundabout is that it makes leaving work a pita. It meters the traffic just right so that there is never a "good" gap to pull out into. I have just quit trying to be nice and mutter "fukk that dude" whilst pulling out in front of some poor bastard. I don't have all night to wait.

96 and 42 is currently happening. Wake electric has been parking trucks on our yard while they are moving lines over there.

I agree with teh general sentiment - but can we say governmental overreach? How can "conservatives" justify adding on more laws? Just seems like more evidence that the GOP is increasingly (also) the party of "we're making laws to force our opinion on you."

BLUF: since when is this the State's job to legislate

While I think participation trophies are horseshit (old miserable bastard here) I also think elected officials should be working on things way more important than participation trophies. If that’s the hill you’re going to die on, time to elect someone else!
Exactly. Like... is this what we send people to congress to work on? New laws telling me how to run my after school club?

I agree with teh general sentiment - but can we say governmental overreach? How can "conservatives" justify adding on more laws? Just seems like more evidence that the GOP is increasingly (also) the party of "we're making laws to force our opinion on you."

BLUF: since when is this the State's job to legislate
People who are in their job because of participation trophies are banning participation trophies...

My first thought when I read that. They need to charge William J Le Petomane for this.
And here's the full clip for those of you who dunno what's up, or just wanna see a morsel of the best movie ever.

My first thought when I read that. They need to charge William J Le Petomane for this.
And here's the full clip for those of you who dunno what's up, or just wanna see a morsel of the best movie ever.

Among the greatest movies ever

One of these days we are gonna come to our senses and punish the criminals and stop spending 5MM on projects that inconvenience the 99.9999999% of the law abiding public.
We'll look back and realize how dumb we were to punish every single person with the very tax dollars we took from them.
We'll look back and realize how dumb we were to keep voting for and supporting the morons who make all this nonsense happen.
Just maybe.

One of these days we are gonna come to our senses and punish the criminals and stop spending 5MM on projects that inconvenience the 99.9999999% of the law abiding public.
We'll look back and realize how dumb we were to punish every single person with the very tax dollars we took from them.
We'll look back and realize how dumb we were to keep voting for and supporting the morons who make all this nonsense happen.
Just maybe.
Laws don’t apply to “the good folk” speed limits ?ha, I’ll go until I can’t then annoy the poor sap in front of me until I turn or he moves out of my way, then run up on the next fool driving in front of me.

I really don’t think most l people really pay attention to their speed and that’s what they do, just go until someone or something impedes forward progress then tailgate the hell out of them until they move or turn. Then repeat.

Caddy this morning literally blew stop sign so I in a lowly work van wouldn’t be infront of such a regal machine as his. Tailgating the hell out of person in front of him in a lowly Honda Element soon as he got an opening he hauled ass past and out of sight.
So many “important” people in this world that we just don’t (care) to recognize. Laws or common courtesy be damned

A turdle sticking its head out
main-qimg-461d72c899418788ea72a46a30453063.png

5% is probably about the real cost of the debt lol 😂
Yup. It shows just how rediculously arbitrary and overinflated medical costs are.

Back