Lots of interesting news today

Only in Ky....... So Proud. lol...
From what Ive saw there's two KY's.One is Jenkins to about Berea and Green up.The other is north to OH and IN.BIG difference in the country and in the people too.

Uh-oh......

"Harding is a billionaire adventurer who holds three Guinness World Records, including the longest duration at full ocean depth by a crewed vessel."

Looks like he's gonna beat his own record. (Too soon?)

Not possible. Chicago has very strict gun laws. The average person can't have a firearm there.

And if it did happen, they all ran to hide behind the nearest cop they have been complaining about and trying to defund.

Last edited:
He's wasting his money if he thinks it's getting overturned. Maybe he's just trying to keep the boat name on people's mind to drive charters.

He's lawyered up now, stating the rules are ambiguous, or "not applied uniformly".

The rules read pretty straight forward to me that the fish was a DQ, but I guess I don't have $3.5m on the line.

"Harding is a billionaire adventurer who holds three Guinness World Records, including the longest duration at full ocean depth by a crewed vessel."

Looks like he's gonna beat his own record. (Too soon?)
and in the process somebody's about to inherit a billion dollars.

Last edited:
He's lawyered up now, stating the rules are ambiguous, or "not applied uniformly".

The rules read pretty straight forward to me that the fish was a DQ, but I guess I don't have $3.5m on the line.

Those are the stories at all the marinas and have been since I was a kid... the enormous billfish that came back half gone because of a shark.

There are 3 points in his favor.
1-Ruling made based on IFGA rules. Big Rock is not an IFGA event. It does have it's own set of rules.
2-The wording of "mutilated"
3-2019 , the winning 900+lb fish had much, much more mutilation and still declared the winner.

There are 3 points in his favor.
1-Ruling made based on IFGA rules. Big Rock is not an IFGA event. It does have it's own set of rules.
2-The wording of "mutilated"
3-2019 , the winning 900+lb fish had much, much more mutilation and still declared the winner.
You must be one of those detectives blowing up my Facebook feed.

You must be one of those detectives blowing up my Facebook feed.
Nope.
There is also plenty of reason for the ruling to stand.
But with the possible reward, what it cost to fight is is definitely worth trying.
It’s just like finishing 2nd in a big stock car race. Take the chance and protest ….. it could pay off.

Last edited:
Why does it matter if it’s mutilated? Wouldn’t that just make it weigh less? Or are they worried they just found the body instead of catching it?

Why does it matter if it’s mutilated? Wouldn’t that just make it weigh less? Or are they worried they just found the body instead of catching it?

The argument is that a wounded fish is easier to reel in than a healthy fish. I would say the 6+ hr fight to boat this one negates that, but I also heard/read somewhere that the fish became tail wrapped and probably died early in the fight and the rest of the time was fighting the current. I'm not a deep sea fisher, don't really keep up with the sport, and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so not sure how accurate or significant any of those circumstances are lol.

Duane

On behalf of the armchair quarterbacks who know almost nothing about this topic, I'll say:
-That's a big damn fish.
-It didn't drag itself onto the boat.
-Nobody else got one heavier.
-There are too many damn rules.

On behalf of the armchair quarterbacks who know almost nothing about this topic, I'll say:
-That's a big damn fish.
-It didn't drag itself onto the boat.
-Nobody else got one heavier.
might have gained some weight once it was on the boat,its been known to happen.:smokin:

Back