Lots of interesting news today

I dont care enough to read the article but what was the intended use of this? It goes off and they send a cop to look for someone who was shot? I can't imagine a situation where the shotspotter would give PC or RAS for a cop to do anything more than just check the area.

lots of random shooting in one small area, shooting is illegal and bothers/endangers people, so the people in charge used some new tech to help pinpoint where the shootings were, as cops can't be at all places at all times. 'checking the area' is a large part of LEO duties. Pretty efficient to go check on areas that need to be checked on I would think.
the tech showed some certain areas inhabited by certain people were the major problem but it was shutdown because racist.

some just don't want to get better.

So are y’all pro Shotspotter or not? I’m getting mixed messages. ;)

lots of random shooting in one small area, shooting is illegal and bothers/endangers people, so the people in charge used some new tech to help pinpoint where the shootings were, as cops can't be at all places at all times. 'checking the area' is a large part of LEO duties. Pretty efficient to go check on areas that need to be checked on I would think.
the tech showed some certain areas inhabited by certain people were the major problem but it was shutdown because racist.

some just don't want to get better.

Anti-shotspotter. We had it in Charlotte and got it around 2012 for the DNC. It was useless. Too many false positives and false negatives. CMPD gave up on using it pretty quick.

some just don't want to get better
But what good does checking the area do? It doesn't give the police PC to search anyone. It's not like a human called and said "I saw elderly white lady driving a tan buick firing a M240 at a group of Mormons on bicycles" that would give them PC to stop my gangster grandma. It sounds like a waste of money to me.

It sounds like a waste of money to me.
Climate change initiative
"Green" anything
"Clean power"
Ukraine "assistance"
The list is SO long and usually involves political investment agendas/kickbacks

But what good does checking the area do? It doesn't give the police PC to search anyone. It's not like a human called and said "I saw elderly white lady driving a tan buick firing a M240 at a group of Mormons on bicycles" that would give them PC to stop my gangster grandma. It sounds like a waste of money to me.
It’s supposed to put officers in the area quicker to react. You’d be surprised how much PC those folks will give right after performing a criminal act when just faced with the mere presence of a LEO

Meh, what the article doesn't say is that the average tenure at Google is only 1.3 years, there is zero work/life balance (its intended to be one and the same), and most of the high paying jobs are in the highest cost of living places in the country.
Also, the company is clearly making snotpiles of cash so why shouldn't the people be well compensated?

Meh, what the article doesn't say is that the average tenure at Google is only 1.3 years, there is zero work/life balance (its intended to be one and the same), and most of the high paying jobs are in the highest cost of living places in the country.
Also, the company is clearly making snotpiles of cash so why shouldn't the people be more weller compensated?
FIFY

"The majority of reported armadillos are nine-banded armadillos, but one screaming hairy armadillo was reported on Dec. 2, 2023. "
Coincidence that it was the Not NC4x4 Get Together weekend? I think not. Who was it? :laughing:

"The majority of reported armadillos are nine-banded armadillos, but one screaming hairy armadillo was reported on Dec. 2, 2023. "
Coincidence that it was the Not NC4x4 Get Together weekend? I think not. Who was it? :laughing:

@jeepinmatt ???

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

you just can't make this stuff up

the police don't want to bother with 'minor' traffic viloations cause equity and all that..... and then this happens

anyone surprised?

could have been any of our parents....but noone seems to really care. i just don't get it
you know this dude was known to cops already, but what is the incentive to intervene?

• 2 counts Misdemeanor Death by Motor Vehicle
  • Reckless Driving
  • Stop Light Violation
  • Failure to Reduce Speed
  • Driving while license revoked
  • Failure to register vehicle
  • No Insurance
  • Failure to display correction license plate
  • Expired Inspection
  • Failure to wear seatbelt
  • Windshield tint violation

^reads like every charger/maxima/altima/camaro/challenger/malibu/300 I see