Lots of interesting news today

Yea, I’m confused as to why you have an item concealed to return it? Usually when im taking something back I’m walking in with it in hand or in a bag with the original packaging if available. Which I assume in hand wouldn’t be great for this either. But your friends also shouldn’t be carrying fake guns concealed for one to return
I think this probably points to "there is more to the story" and "these kids might not be as innocent as their parents say they are", but that still doesn't justify the outcome (based on the facts presented).

I think this probably points to "there is more to the story" and "these kids might not be as innocent as their parents say they are", but that still doesn't justify the outcome (based on the facts presented).
Totally agree. Both sides have more to be seen

"Mr. Myers sincerely believed that he was witnessing the beginning of an armed robbery when he observed three young men pass his truck on their way into a store that was adjacent to the location where his son was attending a martial arts class."
Yep, I went back to read again, but didn't go that far. So he had a reason to be in the parking lot. He didn't have a reason to not call the police.

Yep, I went back to read again, but didn't go that far. So he had a reason to be in the parking lot. He didn't have a reason to not call the police.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but he did say this:
"Myers said he conducts “overwatch” at the location and “has seen numerous crimes occur in the parking lot in the past,” according to a probable cause affidavit. Myers stated he saw three males walk in front of his parked vehicle and noticed one had a gun, and he believed they were going to commit an armed robbery, the affidavit says.

Myers said that he felt like he did not have time to call 911, and that he felt he had a duty to act to stop the individuals from hurting someone innocent,” the affidavit states."

I think the more critical part is this:
He exited his vehicle and pointed his pistol at the trio, commanding them to stop, drop their guns and get on the ground, the documents state. The teens complied and B.A. put the airsoft gun on the ground, saying it was just a “BB gun,” according to the prosecutor.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/10/us/us-violent-crime-rates-statistics
The 51-year-old then tackled B.A. and pinned him to the ground, the documents state. H.R. had his hands in the air and was backing away, and Myers then shot at him at least seven times, killing the teen, according to the case summary.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but he did say this:
"Myers said he conducts “overwatch” at the location and “has seen numerous crimes occur in the parking lot in the past,” according to a probable cause affidavit. Myers stated he saw three males walk in front of his parked vehicle and noticed one had a gun, and he believed they were going to commit an armed robbery, the affidavit says.

Myers said that he felt like he did not have time to call 911, and that he felt he had a duty to act to stop the individuals from hurting someone innocent,” the affidavit states."

I think the more critical part is this:
He exited his vehicle and pointed his pistol at the trio, commanding them to stop, drop their guns and get on the ground, the documents state. The teens complied and B.A. put the airsoft gun on the ground, saying it was just a “BB gun,” according to the prosecutor.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/10/us/us-violent-crime-rates-statistics
The 51-year-old then tackled B.A. and pinned him to the ground, the documents state. H.R. had his hands in the air and was backing away, and Myers then shot at him at least seven times, killing the teen, according to the case summary.
He's going to jail for being an overzealous dumb ass. That's all there is to it. He stopped the threat in the first place, which he would still possibly see jail time for. Then he got spooked and shot the kid. That's my 10 cents. He was not trained for that stressful situation like police are supposed to be. Hell, they aren't a lot of the time. That's why it's best to let them handle it unless you are in immediate danger.

I have a hard time believing they were returning the air soft guns if they had them concealed and not in a bag, but they are kids and maybe they just didn't realize how dumb of a thing they might be doing.

But I truly think based on that article that the defendant has some serious issues.

"Myers had previously been involved in a March 2022 incident in which he chose to “intervene” when he mistakenly believed someone was armed, according to the document.

In that case, Myers called 911 to report that a person on a bicycle was pointing a gun at people, and Myers said he had a pistol and may have to intervene, the affidavit states. Myers then followed the bicyclist and told police he thought he might have to shoot the person. Officers arrived at the scene and determined the bicyclist’s item was not a gun but “a silver metal object that was possibly a part to a bicycle,” the document states."

At this point in time, if my immediate family/friends are in danger I will choose to act based on the situation. I'm not going to play the hero to stop an armed robbery or other situation. Not worth it risk your life for someone you don't know/store you don't own.

Obviously there are exceptions, such as the woman stalking and stabbing to death the 3yrd old boy that for some reason, isn't making major headlines.

At this point in time, if my immediate family/friends are in danger I will choose to act based on the situation. I'm not going to play the hero to stop an armed robbery or other situation. Not worth it risk your life for someone you don't know/store you don't own.

Obviously there are exceptions, such as the woman stalking and stabbing to death the 3yrd old boy that for some reason, isn't making major headlines.

'for some reason'

you know......

It's a shame she is still alive.
I agree. Hopefully someone kills her in jail so tax payers aren't stuck with the bill forever. I read a history of mental illness, so who the hell knows what happens.

yea....another great episode of 'when idiots collide'

no shortage of new content it seems
Who is the second idiot here?

Who is the second idiot here?
You and benXJ as usual :flipoff2:

The dumbass kids with their concealed non-concealed firearms and the vigilante with no limits for his zeal.

Not today but I just heard this so I had to look it up.
L.A. is swearing in dreamers and giving them guns, while they are on duty as police officers. So if I break the law in Los Angeles, I can be detained by an officer that came to the US that is not legally allowed to posses a firearm?????

"LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore said his department is working to allow non-citizen DACA recipients who are officers the ability to carry a firearm, full-time."

"They could have police-issued weapons on duty, but wouldn't be allowed to take them home like other officers."

L.A. is swearing in dreamers and giving them guns, while they are on duty as police officers. So if I break the law in Los Angeles, I can be detained by an officer that came to the US that is not legally allowed to posses a firearm?????

"LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Police Chief Michel Moore said his department is working to allow non-citizen DACA recipients who are officers the ability to carry a firearm, full-time."

"They could have police-issued weapons on duty, but wouldn't be allowed to take them home like other officers."
I mean...who DIDN'T see this coming?

gotta be a dreamer! gotta have a dream! quit being racist

/s

gotta be a dreamer! gotta have a dream! quit being racist

/s
Yeah because I support more Dreamers than most, EVERYDAY at work!
I'm against illegal immigration, and not many, that want to deport them realizes the impact on our economy it would have.
Worse than Covid!!!!

Back