Lots of interesting news today

Yeah. It kinda makes since since everything about owning anything is upkeep, liability, and taxes. Rent keeps a lot of those expenses off the table.
Well if the landlord is doing his job at all from a business standpoint... the renter is paying those too. Its just all lumped together.
In some cases its cheaper just because the property is already owned outright or bought long enough ago under cheaper conditions/mortgage rates that the landlord can have a lower rate bc their own costs are lower. But those cases diminish over time too.

Yeah. It kinda makes since since everything about owning anything is upkeep, liability, and taxes. Rent keeps a lot of those expenses off the table.

The way I see it, if you buy a house, you are paying for today's purchase in future dollars. Dollars that will go way, way up over the years. But that house payment will stay the same. Rent, you are always paying for today's housing in today's dollars.

When my folks paid off their house (30 year note) in the mid-90's, the payment was around $250 a month.

Of course, this is only true if you stay in the same house long term. If you move every 5 years, inflation will keep up with your house prices and mortgages.

The way I see it, if you buy a house, you are paying for today's purchase in future dollars. Dollars that will go way, way up over the years. But that house payment will stay the same. Rent, you are always paying for today's housing in today's dollars.

When my folks paid off their house (30 year note) in the mid-90's, the payment was around $250 a month.

Of course, this is only true if you stay in the same house long term. If you move every 5 years, inflation will keep up with your house prices and mortgages.
Yes my property is probably the biggest single investment I've made. I was repeating a point of view from life long renters I've met. A few who are retired and still have no desire to own anything.
For me I've rented a room and a few camp sites but never even a car much less a house or apartment. Well that's a lie....I rented an apartment in Arizona for about 4 and a half days. Took near that long for me to drive out!šŸ˜†

Well if the landlord is doing his job at all from a business standpoint... the renter is paying those too. Its just all lumped together.
In some cases its cheaper just because the property is already owned outright or bought long enough ago under cheaper conditions/mortgage rates that the landlord can have a lower rate bc their own costs are lower. But those cases diminish over time too.

But there won't be any unexpected 5-10k HVAC replacements, 2k water heater, painting the outside, replacing the roof, etc.

Some people its just not worth having to deal with those extra expenses, even if they are paying for them over time on rent.

They might be able to afford the 2k a month rent, but they might struggle to have enough saved for the problems that might arise.

With all the headaches I could see why some people would just rent for a long time.

But there won't be any unexpected 5-10k HVAC replacements, 2k water heater, painting the outside, replacing the roof, etc.

Some people its just not worth having to deal with those extra expenses, even if they are paying for them over time on rent.

They might be able to afford the 2k a month rent, but they might struggle to have enough saved for the problems that might arise.

With all the headaches I could see why some people would just rent for a long time.
Plus if you rent and want to change jobs, which I see young people changing every 2-3 years you can live where you want and not have to worry about selling (losing money) and moving due to a career change or even for the commute.
I don't completely understand it either but most of the younger generations are all about the "quality" of life at their current point in life , and I'll get what I want, If you aren't providing it I'll go find it somewhere else that will. I say do it as long as you are saving for retirement because long gone are most Pensions or other avenues of retirement when you work at a company for 20+ years.

Plus if you rent and want to change jobs, which I see young people changing every 2-3 years you can live where you want and not have to worry about selling (losing money) and moving due to a career change or even for the commute.
I don't completely understand it either but most of the younger generations are all about the "quality" of life at their current point in life , and I'll get what I want, If you aren't providing it I'll go find it somewhere else that will. I say do it as long as you are saving for retirement because long gone are most Pensions or other avenues of retirement when you work at a company for 20+ years.

Companies today arenā€™t loyal to their employees so why be loyal to them. I get it!

Companies today arenā€™t loyal to their employees so why be loyal to them. I get it!

Just had to have this talk today. Was told if we get a raise this year it may only be 1-2%. If that's the case, first of the year I'm out. Been here 9 years.

The word is that the judge was sleeping with sheriff's daughter, and she is underage and the sheriff found out.
I guess that doesnā€™t make it ā€œjustifiedā€. But then againā€¦

The word is that the judge was sleeping with sheriff's daughter, and she is underage and the sheriff found out.
Nice. The language in the above article also made me think "This is the most Kentucky thing ever" when it said,
... Anyone from Letcher County would tell you that Judge Mullins and I married sisters and that we have children who are first cousins but act like siblings,ā€
That took me a minute to unpack to realize its not what it sounded like

IMG_2102.png

Gen Z sounds lame

I bet very few of us are surprised by this. I wonder what he did to get himself kicked out of the cabal.
Honestly, I was waiting for a connection to Diddy to be the reason....kinda surprised it was just being greased by the turks to expedite a structure being built

Back