Military Vehicles Thread

I mean I wasn’t even born when the 939 came out lmao! but I do recall the 39 6x6 on my military trading card set from desert storm and I thought the 939 was on one of em too he’ll you probably own most the trucks on those old cards I collected when I was 7... lol

Local parade today. Big ape driving the wrecker truck. @CasterTroy

IMG_20181125_191747.jpg
IMG_20181125_141652481_HDR.jpg

Yeah well @CasterTroy tell your youngest daughters boyfriend to not be the guy who drives those in the army. 88M is par to being a cook. Sounds great, reality is not so much. Any idea what he’s going to do?

Any idea what he’s going to do?

He's in JROTC and says he's going in as an E3. He's signed up to be Military Police. I can't remember where he said he will be. Do you remember @Jason W. For some reson I was thinking Fort Benning, but not 100% sure

MP is a better choice and depending on his long terms he could easily go Warrant and join CID. Being a straight patrol MP is rough though. There’s no weekends or holidays that are “off” when the schedule comes out. But best to him!!! I’m always happy to see a fine young man sign the dotted line.

Basic at Benning? AIT should be at Fort Leonard Wood (lost in the woods)(Missouri). Tell him go Airborne and in the long run it will help him with promotions and reenlistment bonuses cause it adds to his “potential” to the Army. And besides it’s fun lol. I’ll stop now. Sorry for clogging your thread @Tacoma747

Few HMMWV's will be here tomorrow. Two are mine and one is someone else's, his was bought in September I think it was, but his paperwork didn't clear until January 3rd... I bought mine in November and paperwork just cleared a few days ago.

IMG_20190129_113928.jpg

I don't remember without looking back at the auctions. They are all a2 trucks with the overdrive transmission.
I don’t even remember the difference between them but I have had them on my license before. The A2 models are so nice. I drive a 1097 a2 for work and the overdrive is awesome. My old truck felt like a space ship reentering earths atmosphere once you passed 55mph

M1045 is a TOW missle carrier, M1043 has ''supplemental armor". I just googled it, that said, I probably got one of each as one has holes in the body from the armor package being removed, and the other doesn't.

I plan to put a new style turret on one with the chicken shield/Gunner shield, X-doors on both of them. All that is assumingnincan get them running, if they don't run they will have turbo motors swapped in.

M1045 is a TOW missle carrier, M1043 has ''supplemental armor". I just googled it, that said, I probably got one of each as one has holes in the body from the armor package being removed, and the other doesn't.

I plan to put a new style turret on one with the chicken shield/Gunner shield, X-doors on both of them. All that is assumingnincan get them running, if they don't run they will have turbo motors swapped in.

I was going to ask if these were for parts or to fix and sell.

Does anyone know much about these? Our company bought one about a month ago and we use the heck out of it. 4bt Cummins with a mvb auto. Runs great even though it's slightly underpowered. Haven't had any issues at all with it really. I'm sure I'll be doing most of the wrench turning on it in the future. What usually gives out first? I'll record the hours/mileage on it. Only minor issue so far has been a slight hydraulic leak, which we fixed. Any info is crucial.
IMG_20190118_115759596.jpg

Does anyone know much about these? Our company bought one about a month ago and we use the heck out of it. 4bt Cummins with a mvb auto. Runs great even though it's slightly underpowered. Haven't had any issues at all with it really. I'm sure I'll be doing most of the wrench turning on it in the future. What usually gives out first? I'll record the hours/mileage on it. Only minor issue so far has been a slight hydraulic leak, which we fixed. Any info is crucial.
View attachment 285332

No clue about them. All I know is I wanted to buy one but they always went higher than I wanted to pay.

No clue about them. All I know is I wanted to buy one but they always went higher than I wanted to pay.
Govplanet auctions in Atlanta. ;)

Well one of my hmmwvs sounds really weak even with good batteries, not sure if the starter is weak or the motor is rusty inside (plus side is I have a turbo drivetrain that runs good sitting here begging to be put in). The other turns over fine but I think it needs a new injector pump, so I guess that will be the first step on getting it going.

Back