Military Vehicles Thread

Wow some sweet heavy duty machines you have there! My friend is looking for an H1 truck '96 and up with a title for street use.

Big truck equals big stuck.

IMG_20170405_131447540.jpg
IMG_20170406_100153513.jpg

New toy showed up today. 4 tires, two batteries later and it is driveable. Needs a lot of little stuff though. Had to put three tires on it while on the trailer (both fronts pictured and the original spare on rear) just to drive it off the trailer. Once off the trailer the backhoe sure makes changing tires much easier.

IMG_20170608_154939808.jpg

New toy showed up today. 4 tires, two batteries later and it is driveable. Needs a lot of little stuff though. Had to put three tires on it while on the trailer (both fronts pictured and the original spare on rear) just to drive it off the trailer. Once off the trailer the backhoe sure makes changing tires much easier.

View attachment 248774
I know they are bigger than they look, but those brakes look tiny with such a large vehicle.

Got the brakes working and the backhoe to swing. This one seems to be a pretty decent truck, definitely has not been greased like it should have been. PB blaster has fixed a few problems so far... These things are way over engineered, I have/am removing all air lines associated with trailer brakes, because I will never tow a trailer with it. I removed one air tank as it was dented and replaced the air regulator, I will have to make the 4x4 and diff lock actuators ball valves instead of the expensive valve that is factory.

IMG_20170620_162309.jpg

You're never stuck with a hoe!

I had dropped this tracked thing off at a guys house about a year ago for him to fix up, he was going to fix it in trade for me giving him another one of these that I have. Well, since he changed his mind and decided he didn't want to do it anymore I went to pick it up yesterday, now I am taking it to someone in Taylorsville for the same trade. At least the new guy has experience working on tracked vehicles so he knows what he's getting in to. Plus, the new guy doesn't expect me to bring the one he will be keeping until he is done with mine...

This was the first time I have towed with the 915 and man could I get used to this truck. Guessing I had about 25-30k in tow and it didn't even care it was back there.

IMG_20170713_102121.jpg

What's that story on the 915? Not familiar with those

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

It was a 5th wheel tractor truck, I removed the 5th wheel and installed a deuce bed. Eventually I will make a pass through from the cab to the box, and also swap the cab for a brand new cab I have that has A/C (which means I will have to add a compressor, etc as well)

Loaded the Tacoma on Friday to take to @ol'Jeeps to get some work done. The backhoe made a fair substitute as a wrecker.

Went and picked up an actual wrecker today from Ft. Bragg. Luckily only had minor battery issues and hand to find something strong enough to jump it off, but once it started we never shut it off the whole ride home. So far it seems to be a good truck with only a few minor issues.

IMG_20170815_201658.jpg
IMG_20170815_201746.jpg

So, how much for the 1089?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think I am going to sell my MK48/15 wrecker because it is worth a lot more money (should be worth over $30k). I am not a fan of the Stewart&Stevenson trucks, but they are a lot cheaper. I don't need a $30k wrecker to leave sitting around 95% of it's life, plus the hydraulic ground spades are NICE on the M1089.

IMG_20170815_212330.jpg

Last edited:
You have some really cool toys. I wish I could afford that backhoe front loader looking moog thing.....

Back