MOTD (Meme of the Day)

My dad worked on the NASCAR Hall of Fame during its construction. After completion but before opening all the workers got passes to go, so he and I went. One of the exhibits is a walk-through of a Cup series hauler and the guys we're with are talking about how that part of the exhibit almost didn't happen. Apparently, the only way for the riggers and crane operators to get the hauler where it was supposed to be really got the safety crew's panties in a bunch so they wouldn't let them do it. Held up the job for a few days arguing back and forth over it. Well one day everyone came to work, and the hauler was up on the beams where it was supposed to be. Surprisingly though, no one from the crane company knew anything about it..........

Duane
Can neither confirm nor deny that that happens all the time. Safety guy doesn't usually work weekends, and crane ops get amnesia easily.

My dad worked on the NASCAR Hall of Fame during its construction. After completion but before opening all the workers got passes to go, so he and I went. One of the exhibits is a walk-through of a Cup series hauler and the guys we're with are talking about how that part of the exhibit almost didn't happen. Apparently, the only way for the riggers and crane operators to get the hauler where it was supposed to be really got the safety crew's panties in a bunch so they wouldn't let them do it. Held up the job for a few days arguing back and forth over it. Well one day everyone came to work, and the hauler was up on the beams where it was supposed to be. Surprisingly though, no one from the crane company knew anything about it..........

Duane

15 or so years ago, our church did a big expansion. They were down to doing the parking lot, and we had a Saturday event coming up. They left their equipment parked where we needed to be set up. Had promised on Friday it would be moved first thing Saturday morning, still there at 8am Saturday. Dozer, scraper, grader. When the guy finally showed up about noon, he was cussing and blowing his stack. The equipment that was *here* was now *there*. One of our guys was in the business, and had his CAT keys in his truck. We were all just "Nope, they were over there when we got here. We just figured you came early." Buddy with the keys quietly walked away.

15 or so years ago, our church did a big expansion. They were down to doing the parking lot, and we had a Saturday event coming up. They left their equipment parked where we needed to be set up. Had promised on Friday it would be moved first thing Saturday morning, still there at 8am Saturday. Dozer, scraper, grader. When the guy finally showed up about noon, he was cussing and blowing his stack. The equipment that was *here* was now *there*. One of our guys was in the business, and had his CAT keys in his truck. We were all just "Nope, they were over there when we got here. We just figured you came early." Buddy with the keys quietly walked away.

I may or may not be the reason several people have gone "where did my ambulance/cop car/fire truck/etc go?"

Duane

I may or may not be the reason several people have gone "where did my ambulance/cop car/fire truck/etc go?"

Duane
I know a certain Pineville officer that picked up some glass from junkyard. While other officer was inside, picking up some food his window got rolled down and glass spread all over his seat. How do you explain that to you CO? Lol

Yeah when I first started, it seemed like there were only about 5 different key patterns for all the Ford cop cars. So basically you had a 1 in 5 chance your key would work on your buddies car. So if it did and he went inside a place to use the bathroom, it was always fun to drive off in his car and park it around the block.

@Blaze @drkelly etc
7rwgux17bdna1.png

Yeah when I first started, it seemed like there were only about 5 different key patterns for all the Ford cop cars. So basically you had a 1 in 5 chance your key would work on your buddies car. So if it did and he went inside a place to use the bathroom, it was always fun to drive off in his car and park it around the block.
School busses were all keyed alike for the same brand chassis

1678710122390.png

Back