Motor-sickle Racing (MX/SX, GNCC, MotoGP, Hard Enduro, SBK, etc)

MotoGP Moto2 spoiler alert:
Huge crash during the Moto2 race. 11 riders out. It had rained in this corner after they went through on the previous lap, and it was complete chaos when they came in hot on the next lap. Looked like something from a movie. Here's a still I took:
1650979118578.png

Really sucks because there are only 2 Americans in the class, and 1 of them was in second, right on the tail of the leader. But the other one American did go on to win the 7 lap spring restart, by 4 SECONDS!, the first American to win in this class since 1990 :eek: It will be an asterisk win though because half the field was in the pits putting bikes back together.

Lots of video here. Especially scary at the 1:40 mark when the guy on the red and white bike is dodging a bike and a rider as they come sliding in. And the fireball at 2:05. Video works, just can't be embedded. Click on the "Watch on YouTube" link.

MotoGP Moto2 spoiler alert:
Huge crash during the Moto2 race. 11 riders out. It had rained in this corner after they went through on the previous lap, and it was complete chaos when they came in hot on the next lap. Looked like something from a movie. Here's a still I took:
View attachment 371542

Really sucks because there are only 2 Americans in the class, and 1 of them was in second, right on the tail of the leader. But the other one American did go on to win the 7 lap spring restart, by 4 SECONDS!, the first American to win in this class since 1990 :eek: It will be an asterisk win though because half the field was in the pits putting bikes back together.

Lots of video here. Especially scary at the 1:40 mark when the guy on the red and white bike is dodging a bike and a rider as they come sliding in. And the fireball at 2:05. Video works, just can't be embedded. Click on the "Watch on YouTube" link.
Still an awesome result for Joe, his season has been a bit rough. Cam has been doing pretty good. Hope both of them can stay in the front more.

Still an awesome result for Joe, his season has been a bit rough. Cam has been doing pretty good. Hope both of them can stay in the front more.
Indeed. I'm more of a Beaubier fan, but like both of them, and can't believe they haven't had a win until now. Both have had some really bad luck when at the front or on pole.

Indeed. I'm more of a Beaubier fan, but like both of them, and can't believe they haven't had a win until now. Both have had some really bad luck when at the front or on pole.

Same. I haven't watched motogp much lately though in the past 2 years or so, it got boring for a little bit for me and i lost my access to watch free ha.

Guess Butler Bros has folded completely or they are letting riders out of their contracts in prep for closing up shop. There was rumor he was going to Factory KTM since Marv was on a SX only deal for 22. Maybe Joey or Shane will fill that bike? Guess we will find out in a few weeks. The rumors around the orange bikes are silly season worthy. We know Cairoli is running at least the first two rounds. Herlings might come over too since he’s out of a MXGP title. Dungey has been on the bike a LOT lately testing the new bike for outdoors and has expressed interest in past interviews in coming back if the situation was right.

Last edited:
Dungey in for the whole outdoor season.
Joey Savatgy fills the open Kawi 450 seat instead of Max Anstie.

Bring on the great outdoors and let the sufferfest begin!
And we know what to expect from Cooper Webb for the 2022 MX season, unlike the SX season :rolleyes:

Anybody else watch Erzberg Rodeo? Some of it looks so easy on TV, but damn what a hard race.

Webb has thrown the handguards on a 350 and raced the NCHSA yesterday. I have always regarded him as a whiny little garden gnome looking mfer, but it’s kind of cool to see him running one of our local series.

@DSM Turbos are you or any of your enduro bros going to come run this sprint at NCMP in a few weeks? I mean it’s an enduro of sorts 🤣

Webb has thrown the handguards on a 350 and raced the NCHSA yesterday. I have always regarded him as a whiny little garden gnome looking mfer, but it’s kind of cool to see him running one of our local series.

Haha. I would have gone and raced. Just to see how bad he gapped me

I’m getting the itch to do some hs again before I get too old 😂 need another bike to do it. Debated on selling the trials bike

@DSM Turbos are you or any of your enduro bros going to come run this sprint at NCMP in a few weeks? I mean it’s an enduro of sorts 🤣

And since I didn’t get your edit in time.
I honestly would probably if it wasn’t 2 day. Gotta have a boat day still. I probably have a tire I could find in the garage to run it

I'll be there....My double shoulder surgeries seem to have healed and I'm back training on the bike 2-3 days a week. Hope to be racing in Aug-Sept.
What was the injury? Rotator cuff? Labrum? I'm limping along on a double torn left labrum right now.

That’s a lot of months for me to come up with an excuse. I’ll start with “I don’t feel like tomahawking my bike off a mountain two weeks before the VIR race”

it won't be as bad as BOTG!
Ugh, I need to go get a 350

I'll be there....My double shoulder surgeries seem to have healed and I'm back training on the bike 2-3 days a week. Hope to be racing in Aug-Sept.
We still need to ride together one day. I'm debating on what class to ride, Bronze is probably too easy, silver is too hard

What was the injury? Rotator cuff? Labrum? I'm limping along on a double torn left labrum right now.
Torn rotator cuff , in both. Labrum in both....detached biceps tendon in right and they were able to "tighten" my left should so it would stop dislocating. Was told my right shoulder really needed a replacement , but they didn't want to do it until I a little older. Both of my shoulders have had previous surgeries, sports, (pitching mainly),will tear some shoulders up! They do feel unbelievably good after surgery, I did PT for close to a year on both and still do some at the house.

it won't be as bad as BOTG!
Ugh, I need to go get a 350

We still need to ride together one day. I'm debating on what class to ride, Bronze is probably too easy, silver is too hard
I'm a good "b" rider in harescrambles, I was a little better than "b" rider doing hard enduros, battle of goats, Tenn knockout etc. My biggest issue now is simply being 52. I'll probably run bronze just for the amount of time off I've had from competing.
I still use UNF as my training facility for cardio, I've got a 1.5-2hr loop I run that is all higher speed riding with exception of rock practice on Daniel and dicky bell.

I'm a good "b" rider in harescrambles, I was a little better than "b" rider doing hard enduros, battle of goats, Tenn knockout etc. My biggest issue now is simply being 52. I'll probably run bronze just for the amount of time off I've had from competing.

I was a crappy b rider at best at hs and hard enduro I’m probably about the same, done a lot of pro lines at brushy but it’s not quick or pretty most time.

If you want to ride brushy sometime soon let me know. I can probably sneak out there on a Friday sometime. Or can run UNF one day, just my bike can't take constant high speed hits with how the suspension is

Torn rotator cuff , in both. Labrum in both....detached biceps tendon in right and they were able to "tighten" my left should so it would stop dislocating. Was told my right shoulder really needed a replacement , but they didn't want to do it until I a little older. Both of my shoulders have had previous surgeries, sports, (pitching mainly),will tear some shoulders up! They do feel unbelievably good after surgery, I did PT for close to a year on both and still do some at the house.
Yeah, thats some serious damage, haha. They want to try PT on my labrum, but also said it won't heal on its on, so I'm debating whether to just go ahead and get surgery over with. It hurts sharply sometimes, and clicks and pops all the time, but it doesn't stop me from doing much, so I don't wannt deal with it 🤷‍♂️

Back