NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

Someone ran over an albino squirrel. An hour later I went back to get it, because I decided I REALLY needed it stuffed and it didn't look smooshed to bad, and it was gone. :(

wp-1620140297234738519725749747487.jpg

Someone ran over an albino squirrel. An hour later I went back to get it, because I decided I REALLY needed it stuffed and it didn't look smooshed to bad, and it was gone. :(

wp-1620140297234738519725749747487.jpg
Looks like a hate crime to me. #whitelivesmatter

4 lures you can't buy today because the don't make them anymore. The 3 Maria Viva Parade jigs on top and the Mr. Champ I bought in the 80s. They've caught more fish then any of my other newer casting jigs.
20210505_214352.jpg

Last edited:
ive put in for 5 permit hunts this year across the state, and plan to head to Georgia for deer and hopefully pigs again. Maybe even Virginia or Tennessee depending on how early i can get two bucks in NC.

Be patient and very alert. Start calling low and get louder as time goes on. A lot goes into each set up as to how it could be most successful.
@jyaks

Be patient and very alert. Start calling low and get louder as time goes on. A lot goes into each set up as to how it could be most successful.
@jyaks
Only time I've been was running dogs, never done it still hunting. But the farm I've been hunting has a pack on it this year and we want to knock them down.

Going coyote hunting Saturday any hints?
Protect yourself from the ticks,chiggers etc. Spray your boots, socks, pants, shirts etc w Permethrin. I spray my hunting clothes once, let them dry for a few hours and spray them again, you don't have to get the cloths soaking wet just spray them enough to cover them. Spray more around the the waists of the shirts/pants, the boot ends of the pants and the neck and sleeves. Wear rubber knee boots and tuck your pants into the boots. When you go to hunt spray some scent eliminator on your clothes, arm pits, hands, neck, boots..........If you can find some road kill critters hang them on a tree branch as high as you can and watch from some distance. I've heard that you can bring them in w cans of Tuna in oil. Get some pantyhose, crack the cans open just enough to drip the oil and stick the can in the pantyhose, then tie the hose to a branch as high as you can hang them. If you can bend down a tall sapling and raise the can higher even better. If you can hunt at night set a battery powered motion light lighting the ground where the tuna is dripping. When the light turns on you got about 5 seconds to shoot. You could also get a remote controlled predator caller and a motion decoy.

Back