NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

Well, these little shits may have cost me a deer. Tla few does came out and they started to chase them off, as I was taking a shot. Guess we will see.

Edit: found about a 1" branch shattered, and no blood. Glad it looks like a clean miss. Swapped the 6.5CM out for the 35 remington. Brush? What brush lol.

20221121_065947.jpg

Last edited:
Buck down.

20221121_080550.jpg

What a morning. The damn goats jumped the buck and I only found a few drops of blood and some white hair. Thinking maybe I hit him low in the brisket and he went on. In walking around, I found the doe. Bottom line, I have never hated goats more in my life.

What a morning. The damn goats jumped the buck and I only found a few drops of blood and some white hair. Thinking maybe I hit him low in the brisket and he went on. In walking around, I found the doe. Bottom line, I have never hated goats more in my life.
One positive is that goats taste good.....:laughing:

2nd deer I've seen this year while in the stand...definitely not the biggest, but dammit I needed to put meat in the freezer! Didn't see him until he popped up in the switchgrass at 40yds and watched him mill around in the food plot for ~10 minutes when I finally decided to pull the trigger at 120yds. Made it about 50yds before crashing and had him quartered and in the cooler on ice in 1.5hrs with 2 more antlers to add to the pups chew toy collection.
Resized_20221120_171747.jpeg Resized_20221120_173911(1).jpeg

We done upgraded yall. Got us one of them there houses to hunt in. It's even insulated and has a heater.

20221122_140504.jpg

20221122_140439.jpg

20221122_132045.jpg

I like being lazy every now and then and hunt my ground blind. It’s nice to wiggle around, drink my coffee, eat a snack, check football scores. I’d suggest painting the inside black and pad up the ledges.
Yea, it'll be nice on really cold days or in the rain. And it's at my good spot, just not as good of a shot.

Yea, it'll be nice on really cold days or in the rain. And it's at my good spot, just not as good of a shot.
Started raining the last time I sat in mine. Had my rifle on a tripod. I just spun it sideways to get the barrel out of the rain and carried on with my hunt nice and dry. Be prepared for it to be loud as hell when you take that shot though.

Man, this deer hunting stuff is tough. Just killed this dude sitting on the picnic table in my back yard lol. Probably a 150 yard shot, he couldn't handle the 6.5 grendel.
Just wanted to say I hate you. I’ve hunted harder this season than I ever have and I have nothing to show. Hell, my niece killed a fricken stud with a crossbow in a tshirt and jogging pants in sight of my dads house. Here I am miles deep in the woods thinking I’m being a ninja and I get skunked. Nice deer man! I’m jealous.

We done upgraded yall. Got us one of them there houses to hunt in. It's even insulated and has a heater.
Always a great option for the cold or rainy days!

I’d suggest painting the inside black and pad up the ledges.
This!

Be prepared for it to be loud as hell when you take that shot though.
Electronic earmuffs...best thing I ever put in my hunting bag!

I tell people all the time, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.
QFT!

Always a great option for the cold or rainy days!

This!

Electronic earmuffs...best thing I ever put in my hunting bag!

QFT!
I’ve got a few pairs of noise canceling earmuffs. One pair is so sensitive that I can’t tell which direction it’s coming from. People call my name at the range and I have to do a 360 to figure it out. I still like them though. I don’t like them for hunting, but wouldn’t dare hit the range without them.

Started raining the last time I sat in mine. Had my rifle on a tripod. I just spun it sideways to get the barrel out of the rain and carried on with my hunt nice and dry. Be prepared for it to be loud as hell when you take that shot though.

I grew up hunting box blinds. So yea, I'm used to the boom. This is the corner of a barn loft. I plan to trade the straw for carpet and make that window full width, then add plexiglass and really be pimping.

Back