NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

Been behind the curve as usual going into the season. Finally got the property bush hogged off and reloaded mineral sites and feeders. We don’t open til October so there is still some time. No cameras. Going in blind this year besides some evening scouting. I’ll go in this coming weekend and check all the lock ons and their ladders, limb out anything necessary from the stands and just see what happens come October.
View attachment 402881View attachment 402883
Man late, unprepared, scouting? Wut the what! I thought hunting was going out stealthy seeing them first and moving to make a kill. All this prep seems more along the lines of a trap line with a weapon.

Said in sarcasm with the reality it's the truth.

Man late, unprepared, scouting? Wut the what! I thought hunting was going out stealthy seeing them first and moving to make a kill. All this prep seems more along the lines of a trap line with a weapon.

Said in sarcasm with the reality it's the truth.

Years ago a friend had access to a 400+ acre farm that he was the sole hunter.
He took me there early one fall to fish in the farm pond.
He had a feeder located just around the edge of a field and out of sight.
When that thing went off you could literally hear the deer running to beat the cows to the food.

Took the kids fishing at Lake Tomahawk in town Sunday afternoon. We mostly just catch catfish. This one was decent size.

IMG_2597.jpeg

Getting ready to take a 4 & 6yr old dove hunting tomorrow is infinitely harder than getting myself ready in years past. The cooler is much lighter these days though... 😟

20230902_074125.jpg
20230902_074127.jpg
Them things gonna suffocate!

Nice. Needs bacon and less feathers.
Came home w 5. If I hit all the doves I shot at I'd limit out twice. I only shot a box and a half :rolleyes:. About 40 peeps were under a powerline killed 75% of doves today. It was crazy, the idiots would shoot at a single bird 12 or more times, one would fold and the dumbasses would shoot it again! The farmer said he saw more doves in the field before Idalia.

Last edited:
Came home w 5. If I hit all the doves I shot at I'd limit out twice. I only shot a box and a half :rolleyes:. About 40 peeps were under a powerline killed 75% of doves today. It was crazy, the idiots would shoot at a single bird 12 or more times, one would fold and the dumbasses would shoot it again! The farmer said he saw more doves in the field before Idalia.
Yep storm pushed alot of birds off. Earlier this week we had groups of 20-30 birds landing in our field today biggest group I saw was 8. Mostly single, doubles and tripples

Never hunted doves, but I have some stuff to do at the farm today so I'll give it a go. I don't think anything else is in season is it?

No luck with the doves, but found some great deer sign. There's 4 or 5 more in this area. Think I'll hang a camera here lol. There's 3 scrapes in the picture.

20230904_144225.jpg

You quit too early dummy. Nows the time to go sit in the dove field 😂
I'm well aware lol. I just toted my shotgun with me while deer scouting. Shot at a few, but apparently I'm a worse dove hunter than I am skeet shooter. And im a barely adequate skeet shooter lol.

Canada Geese in till 9-30 but you need a stamp to shoot them and there are 3 more seasons, and doves are delicious.
Thanks. Didn’t realize geese are in. I had 7 on the pond today. While my dog was chasing them around I was thinking, can’t wait til you’re in season! Expect dead geese pics later this week.

Back