NC4X4 Hunting and Fishing

Youth day hunt this evening. If I can get him to just sit down, might get him on one.

Edit: seen one. Had munchkin lined up on her and asked if he was ready, he yelled "ME GON SHOOT IT!", and said deer ran to the next county lol.

20230923_173338.jpg

20230923_174135.jpg

Last edited:
They like the Big Tine, they can smell it from far away. I put 8 cups in a bowl and a few cut up apples and toss both around the backyard and they come to it.

Anybody braved this crap today? I can't quite talk myself out of this recliner.
I would have sat in my ground blind, but I had grownup things to do. That ground blind is pretty cozy in bad weather.

Side note. My trophy line saddle came in the mail today. My platform comes Monday, and I already have sticks. Excited to give it a try this season.

Hunted Thurmond Chatham today. My buddy saw 2 bucks, I saw a bear. Wind never stopped.

20231014_145348.jpg

9951adb4-7690-4654-87b3-f3cabae73ea6.jpg

Sat out back this morning. Saw a bunch of turkeys and two does. I really want that guy on the left to come out.

First saddle hunt yesterday evening. I dig the mobility, but I for sure need to find the comfort sweet spot. Wasn’t bad, just slightly annoying. Taking a shot feels way different from a normal lock on or climber. Different muscles when you’re hanging. At least for me it is. I was surprised how high you can get with four sticks.
IMG_1226.jpeg

I have a lifetime comp hunt license. sadly, ive never been hunting in NC in the 12+ yrs of being here

I have a lifetime comp hunt license. sadly, ive never been hunting in NC in the 12+ yrs of being here
When you want to go? I love group hunts.

Hunted Thurmond Chatham today. My buddy saw 2 bucks, I saw a bear. Wind never stopped.

View attachment 405135
I went to TC in the 90s hunting turkeys with a friend. We got there in the camped on the road the day before the season .Early in the morning we went up mountain and he went east and I went west. Plenty of gobbles but the wind got up and it was hard to tell where they were gobbling. I hunted to noon and came down and ate and went to the west boundary. It was cut about 15' wide and it turned to steep rock w thick Laurel on the left and a cliff on the right. I heard some gobbles up the mountain and I was climbing when I heard rocks falling, I looked up and saw a huge deer running up the rock/cut line and it's ass was more than 24". That deer was more than 200#. It went up and over the rock .I got to the top just to see the deer was gone and the cut was now a cliff and way to steep for me or a deer to go down it. I tried to go into the laurel but it was thick and wondered how the deer got away. I had to find to a hole to get in to the woods it was too thick. Then I went back to the cut and I saw a bunch of Turkeys in a field about 600' below me. I thought I might hunt these
birds in the field but it was posted.

Last edited:
Back