OBX

We went there after all the hype and everyone posting about "duck donuts" on the page of faces.....(I guess it's a status thing for some I dunno) and felt they were mediocre at best....more cakie than we like.

Came back...expressed "Meh" to our piers who think it's the best thing since shaved beaver, and were shunned.....I mean like we spoke ill of the queen to a brit kinda shunned.....went back a few years later, same experience: Not impressed.

I mean....maybe we're just boring, but even the BACON donut was kinda meh compared to a hometown hot-donuts-now Krispy Kreme o_O
Well we are pretty let down and wish there was a Krispy Kreme around these parts. To me they are not any better than Dunkin Donuts and I'm not a fan of them either.

Attachments

• 21370961_10210374427825089_8553574671160411158_n.jpg
    21370961_10210374427825089_8553574671160411158_n.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 142
Donuts are awesome. Krispy Kreme are great. Duck donuts are great, but for different reasons.

Comparing Duck to KK is like arguing about if vinegar based BBQ is better than ketchup based. They are both equally as good but for different reasons.

Now, comparing Duck to Dunkin, well Dunkin isn't even in the same state...

I am biased though, friends of mine own 3 Duck Donuts so I support them as much as I can. I don't eat donuts often but when I do, I go to Duck and KK equally (the kids prefer KK).

My favorite though is the maple bacon from Duck. But, it's got to be warm and fresh! Mmmmmmm. :rockon:

I had a Britts from carolina beach. It rewrote the donut for me.

Had a friend take me there when I was probably 15-16 years old...told me Britt's glazed doughnuts would make me forget about KK glazed. Britt's to me is in the same category as Duck...a novelty to do at the beach, but not worth the hype.

I disagree. 1 flavor of donut. Milk, water, coffee. Been in business since 1939. Must be doing something right.

Cheap, nostalgia and beach life. I hate bologna sammiches, but coming off the beach after a day in the sun, drinking and not eating, a bologna and mustard sandwich is some of the best food I've ever eaten. It's all about context. That said, not saying they're garbage...just not my cup of tea.

Well... umm... Ford sux. @UTfball68

Not trying to be a dick or argumentative, it's actually a real thing...perception of food changes after being outside all day, or if you have fond memories of it, or get nostalgic while eating it.

Oh...and I'm sorry you don't like Ford, I have a brand new 6.7 cc drw dodge 4x4 too, if that makes you feel better.

Had the 3 link come apart today on the beach and lost the bolt that goes through the axle end on the drivers side. What is the technical term for that bolt and what diameter is it? Limped it back to the house with a screwdriver and vise grips. Have to find a shop down here asap to get it straight and drive home.

That sucks. Don't know of anything that close for you, but there are a couple shops in Manteo I've used before when I get in a pinch. I wanna say a shop named Berry's let me rebuild a CV in his shop one trip out there.

Back